Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
March Madness 2024

Star 

This chick can straight ball!!

I've never gone outta my way to watch Women's College Basketball, until this gal came along and she's fantastic!!

Hope she can take Iowa far into the Tourny..

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/statu...Ly4yA&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone else I'm looking forward to seeing lol

Cream Abdul Jabbar lol
https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/176...gv6cg&s=19

Watching Iowa vs Nebraska Women's Big 10 Championship..

Nebraska came out strong but damn.. That Caitlin Clark the real deal.

Just watched that Caitlin put that Iowa Hawkeye team on her back, come from behind and beat Nebraska..

That girl [BLEEP] rocks!!

ISU and Drake in a close one too..

Shaka Smart doing his thing with Marquette.

Gonna check out the mens Duke and JMU later on..

Iowa and WV tomorrow night at 8pm for the women..

Great game going on with Iowa and WV..

(03-03-2024, 04:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Someone else I'm looking forward to seeing lol

Cream Abdul Jabbar lol
https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/176...gv6cg&s=19

The big ones always look so awkward

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 07:12 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Duke's getting manhandled by NC State..

NC State's Center is a MONSTER lolol

275 lbs

LSU and Iowa tomorrow night for the women.. Should be a great game!!

I'm reading that Purdue Center Zach Edey is "now viewed as a potential first round pick."

Maybe I don't understand what I'm seeing, but he seems a lot better than that.

(04-01-2024, 07:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm reading that Purdue Center Zach Edey is "now viewed as a potential first round pick." 

He definitely has the physical tools. The problem I see with Edey is his ball security in the paint. I’m fully aware he scored 40 points yesterday but he has a difficult time getting the ball away from his body and up into shooting position when he’s crowded inside. He doesn’t seem to effectively use his size on offense. That will be much more of an issue in the NBA than college. 

Just my untrained observation.

(04-01-2024, 07:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm reading that Purdue Center Zach Edey is "now viewed as a potential first round pick." 

He definitely has the physical tools. The problem I see with Edey is his ball security in the paint. I’m fully aware he scored 40 points yesterday but he has a difficult time getting the ball away from his body and up into shooting position when he’s crowded inside. He doesn’t seem to effectively use his size on offense. That will be much more of an issue in the NBA than college. 

I disagree with almost all of that.

His problem is that he's an old school center that plays with his back to the basket.  They just don't exist anymore.  He's not mobile and doesn't really run the floor.  His range is about ten feet...if that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-01-2024, 03:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He definitely has the physical tools. The problem I see with Edey is his ball security in the paint. I’m fully aware he scored 40 points yesterday but he has a difficult time getting the ball away from his body and up into shooting position when he’s crowded inside. He doesn’t seem to effectively use his size on offense. That will be much more of an issue in the NBA than college. 

I disagree with almost all of that.

His problem is that he's an old school center that plays with his back to the basket.  They just don't exist anymore.  He's not mobile and doesn't really run the floor.  His range is about ten feet...if that.
Bingo. Well said.

He’s a 7 footer who can’t run. Look at Chet, Wemby, KAT, Jokic…. All those dudes can run, shoot and pass. Edey will find a role in the NBA but it’ll be a backup center.

That’s nothing to slouch at but it is what it is. The NBA is so much faster than people realize.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 05:13 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here's an interesting NBA draft scouting report.  Who is this?

... weaknesses revolve around his bottom-tier athleticism. While he moves his feet pretty well from point A to point B, he lacks the quickness and vertical agility that the rest of the league owns.

These deficiencies will be most glaring on the defensive side, where he'll struggle to keep up with NBA-caliber speed. Whether he's guarding power forwards or centers, he'll have trouble staying in front of them or consistently protecting the rim. He also won't be as effective on the boards as he is in the ... League.

The slow-footed tendencies will also hurt his chances to create offense. Even on closeout drives, his slashing will get corralled pretty easily by help defenders, and he won't be able to elevate over upper-echelon defenders.

Here's another one on the same guy: 

An average athlete lacking great speed and leaping ability … Foot speed is a big liability. He may struggle to stay in front of NBA athletes at the center position … Needs to improve as a post player, gain strength and develop a repertoire of back to the basket moves … Defense is a real weakness at this point due to lack of lateral speed and lack of strength. His length is a big plus, but he’ll need to continue to work on becoming stronger and learn to anticipate in order to overcome his lack of quickness … Despite being a younger guy, his upside appears limited by his lack of explosiveness and foot speed …

Who is this?

(04-01-2024, 05:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 03:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I disagree with almost all of that.

Bingo. Well said.

He’s a 7 footer who can’t run. Look at Chet, Wemby, KAT, Jokic…. All those dudes can run, shoot and pass. Edey will find a role in the NBA but it’ll be a backup center.

That’s nothing to slouch at but it is what it is. The NBA is so much faster than people realize.

He’ll be a valuable player for someone for 20-25 minutes a game.  Whoever it is will have to tailor (somewhat) the offense for him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This LSU/Iowa game is living up to the hype..

(04-01-2024, 05:13 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's an interesting NBA draft scouting report.  Who is this?

... weaknesses revolve around his bottom-tier athleticism. While he moves his feet pretty well from point A to point B, he lacks the quickness and vertical agility that the rest of the league owns.

These deficiencies will be most glaring on the defensive side, where he'll struggle to keep up with NBA-caliber speed. Whether he's guarding power forwards or centers, he'll have trouble staying in front of them or consistently protecting the rim. He also won't be as effective on the boards as he is in the ... League.

The slow-footed tendencies will also hurt his chances to create offense. Even on closeout drives, his slashing will get corralled pretty easily by help defenders, and he won't be able to elevate over upper-echelon defenders.

Here's another one on the same guy: 

An average athlete lacking great speed and leaping ability … Foot speed is a big liability. He may struggle to stay in front of NBA athletes at the center position … Needs to improve as a post player, gain strength and develop a repertoire of back to the basket moves … Defense is a real weakness at this point due to lack of lateral speed and lack of strength. His length is a big plus, but he’ll need to continue to work on becoming stronger and learn to anticipate in order to overcome his lack of quickness … Despite being a younger guy, his upside appears limited by his lack of explosiveness and foot speed …

Who is this?
That very well could be Jokic.

But he’s an outlier. Have you watched both play? And do you think their games are similar?

Iowa/Uconn game is a pretty close one

(04-05-2024, 11:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Iowa/Uconn game is a pretty close one

That late offensive foul call killed UConn.