Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA News

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/statu...37959?s=20

Now it's bye bye to Rayshawn.

Thanks for the Dallas win!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

New defensive staff is cleaning house and getting ready to put their own guys in place.

I'm good with it. It's a two birds with one stone situation.
Bad cap hits get cleared AND new staff gets hand picked players.

Pretty normal when the new staff has a different scheme and approach.

(03-05-2024, 11:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think they'll sign all of these players, but, this would be my list I would want. I also shared this last night with the 1010XL question of the day poll.

1. Christian Wilkins - DT
2. Jaylon Johnson - CB
3. Robert Hunt - G
4. Andrew James - C
5. Andrew Van Ginkel - OLB/EDGE

How expensive do you think these guys are, and how do we manipulate the cap to make them fit, if we have to get creative?

Wilkins sounds like he will be pricey.

(03-05-2024, 12:57 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Jenkins cut

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...4925766809

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...7595840835

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...9863260542

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...1861797260

https://twitter.com/ShopTalkingWigg/stat...1154337834

This. ALL of this. This is what should be bothering people. We're not getting ahead at all. We're just shoveling snow over our backs to turn around year after year to shovel it right back the other way. 

You're now short:

DT
Outside CB
Nickel CB
Safety

That's with WR1 looming in the market after you gave up a 3rd RD pick for him in this year's draft in a depleted WR room in my opinion once you get past Ridley and Kirk.

That's with durability and accountability concerns at LT and RG. A massive weakness at C. And no current LG on the roster. But, I am supposed to trust the process and trust the mother [BLEEP] that put us into this position? No thanks...
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Play in your face?

(03-05-2024, 12:57 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 11:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't think they'll sign all of these players, but, this would be my list I would want. I also shared this last night with the 1010XL question of the day poll.

1. Christian Wilkins - DT
2. Jaylon Johnson - CB
3. Robert Hunt - G
4. Andrew James - C
5. Andrew Van Ginkel - OLB/EDGE

How expensive do you think these guys are, and how do we manipulate the cap to make them fit, if we have to get creative?

Realistically? Wilkins would be your biggest signing. Johnson would be a close second. Followed by Hunt. I kind of listed it that way with all of that in mind. 

I don't think they'll land any of these guys to be honest with you. All of today's cuts on defense mean they have the following approach beginning next week and then in April.

1. Free Agency dedicated towards overhauling the defense to fit Hewitt's scheme. 
2. Draft dedicated towards addressing the offense early. 

There's no in between with this front office. They only know one way and that way is incompetency.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-05-2024, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 12:57 PM)Mikey Wrote: How expensive do you think these guys are, and how do we manipulate the cap to make them fit, if we have to get creative?

Realistically? Wilkins would be your biggest signing. Johnson would be a close second. Followed by Hunt. I kind of listed it that way with all of that in mind. 

I don't think they'll land any of these guys to be honest with you. All of today's cuts on defense mean they have the following approach beginning next week and then in April.

1. Free Agency dedicated towards overhauling the defense to fit Hewitt's scheme. 

There's no in between with this front office. They only know one way and that way is incompetency.

If we can land a better center and allow the new DC to build his squad, good things will happen. Give it time to develop.

It's going to be really funny when the draft is on and everybody is hoping for Brian Thomas Jr. at WR or Jackson Powers-Johnson at C and this team drafts Cooper DeJean out of Iowa to play Safety. I wouldn't hate the selection. I just think most fans that don't pay attention will [BLEEP] bricks.

(03-05-2024, 01:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's going to be really funny when the draft is on and everybody is hoping for Brian Thomas Jr. at WR or Jackson Powers-Johnson at C and this team drafts Cooper DeJean out of Iowa to play Safety. I wouldn't hate the selection. I just think most fans that don't pay attention will [BLEEP] bricks.

I don't know about that most fans i've seen expect CB and that was before today.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 01:25 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-05-2024, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Realistically? Wilkins would be your biggest signing. Johnson would be a close second. Followed by Hunt. I kind of listed it that way with all of that in mind. 

If we can land a better center and allow the new DC to build his squad, good things will happen. Give it time to develop.

Center is not the only need on offense though. We technically don't have a LG with Cleveland on the market. LT should still be a concern for this fanbase as well. 

As it stands you're relying on a guy that can't stay healthy and was a doper last year and his 2nd RD back-up also has durability concerns. This also leaves Scherff at RG, who, much like the argument was made with Darious Williams, he should honestly be gone due to his age and cap hit which is roughly the same as Williams in savings at $9M. 

This also doesn't get to the point of where we stand right now with Josh Allen being tagged by 1600 hours today and thus enabling our current WR1 to test the market uncontested in another area of need and concern. Because, again, once you get past Ridley and Kirk. Who do you have? 

Hate to sound some doom and gloom man, but, this team has a lot more holes than people realize...

(03-05-2024, 01:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's going to be really funny when the draft is on and everybody is hoping for Brian Thomas Jr. at WR or Jackson Powers-Johnson at C and this team drafts Cooper DeJean out of Iowa to play Safety. I wouldn't hate the selection. I just think most fans that don't pay attention will [BLEEP] bricks.

I don't know about that most fans i've seen expect CB and that was before today.

They're not going to get a good CB at 17. The good one's will be gone by pick 15. No thanks on Nate Wiggins there. No thanks on Terrion Arnold or Kool Aid with the foot surgery needed post PRO day. 

Give me the white boy from Iowa that can play multiple positions in the secondary, namely safety, at a Harrison Smith level more than likely, and a guy that offers me KR/PR abilities to replace Parker Washington in very selective situations season wise and game wise.

I just don't see how we improve all these key positions?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think you guys can cross off JPJ at 17.

They'll sign one of many FA centers and then a player at a more premium position (tackle, WR, CB, Dline) at 17.

(03-05-2024, 01:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I just don't see how we improve all these key positions?

$50 mil in cap space and 5 picks before the end of the fourth round oughta' do it if they don't screw it up. 

Monumental "if"

(03-05-2024, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Realistically? Wilkins would be your biggest signing. Johnson would be a close second. Followed by Hunt. I kind of listed it that way with all of that in mind. 

This is what "draft and develop" looks like, the young and cheap guys push out the old and expensive ones. We just haven't seen it here before so it's a new concept. That's why people are calling a 3 position need in one offseason a "rebuild", lol.

(03-05-2024, 01:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you guys can cross off JPJ at 17.

They'll sign one of many FA centers and then a player at a more premium position (tackle, WR, CB, Dline) at 17.

I dunno, the might have a chance to take a free agent and JPJ while dealing Fortner for a 3rd day pick. He's still got 2 very cheap years left on his rookie deal and someone will think they can fix him. I just hope Baalke backs up his "bigger, stronger" talk.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Glad to see Jenkins gone. Antonio johnson is already better than he ever was.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 02:26 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-05-2024, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I just don't see how we improve all these key positions?

$50 mil in cap space and 5 picks before the end of the fourth round oughta' do it if they don't screw it up. 

Monumental "if"

Yeah. That's the key. "If". I have gone on record saying this more than once now, and so, I'll repeat it here. Baalke has his high's and low's. I can say that one of his high's is having a decent eye for players and personnel within the secondary.

I am confident in his evaluations there. If Hewitt says he needs "X, Y & Z" to make his defense thrive? Baalke's the right guy for the job. I think he'll more than likely lean towards defense in the first round, as that has been his tendency historically, and, he's had success there.

So, if he drafts a DT, a S or a CB there? Fine by me. I think we're getting a good starter there for sure. Hopefully he's more ready to go than having to wait and see a little bit like we did with Walker and Lloyd, but, we'll see what happens there. 

It's how he handles the WR position and the OL group now though that is absolutely crucial for me as a fan. We cannot go into this training camp again with minimal efforts made at these two groups. We just can't. 

Our offense has more holes than just Fortner at Center and it's my biggest fear this off season, that, he'll just accept one lump and eat his mistake in selecting Fortner and find his replacement and then think that's enough to get the offense back on track. 

LT - Major concern
LG - Not on the team at the moment
RG - Age, durability and concerning
WR - Major concern 

When you look at the offensive side of the football. Just like last year proved? It's ONE injury away from being shot in the water.

We lost a LT? Bad things happened. On an already weak unit. It got WORSE without a competent LT. 
We lost a slot WR? Bad things happened.
We lost a deep threat at WR? Bad things happened. 
We lost a LG? Bad things happened. 

Anytime something bad happened at a starting position, again, on an already BAD unit even with it's best five out there or best three out there, they went from being competent to looking like [BLEEP] on a shingle. That cannot happen again in 2024. 

What if it's Engram in 2024 that goes down? Is Strange ready to produce 100 receptions or more and roughly 1,000 yards on offense?

What if it's Etienne in 2024 that goes down? Is Bigsby ready to make guys miss tackles without fumbling the damn football and put up over 1,000 yards on offense?

What if we don't bring back Ridley? And Kirk gets hurt again? Or Jones? Is Agnew even on the roster in 2024? Do we think we're getting their production out of Washington, the other Jones and Cooks? 

It's bad man. Pretty bad. The offense is dangerously close to just being a shell of whatever former "self" it had left from 2022 because it started to show horribly down the stretch in 2023 against tougher opponents. 2024 will be just as difficult schedule wise.

(03-05-2024, 02:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: $50 mil in cap space and 5 picks before the end of the fourth round oughta' do it if they don't screw it up. 

Monumental "if"

Yeah. That's the key. "If". I have gone on record saying this more than once now, and so, I'll repeat it here. Baalke has his high's and low's. I can say that one of his high's is having a decent eye for players and personnel within the secondary.

I am confident in his evaluations there. If Hewitt says he needs "X, Y & Z" to make his defense thrive? Baalke's the right guy for the job. I think he'll more than likely lean towards defense in the first round, as that has been his tendency historically, and, he's had success there.

So, if he drafts a DT, a S or a CB there? Fine by me. I think we're getting a good starter there for sure. Hopefully he's more ready to go than having to wait and see a little bit like we did with Walker and Lloyd, but, we'll see what happens there. 

It's how he handles the WR position and the OL group now though that is absolutely crucial for me as a fan. We cannot go into this training camp again with minimal efforts made at these two groups. We just can't. 

Our offense has more holes than just Fortner at Center and it's my biggest fear this off season, that, he'll just accept one lump and eat his mistake in selecting Fortner and find his replacement and then think that's enough to get the offense back on track. 

LT - Major concern
LG - Not on the team at the moment
RG - Age, durability and concerning
WR - Major concern 

When you look at the offensive side of the football. Just like last year proved? It's ONE injury away from being shot in the water.

We lost a LT? Bad things happened. On an already weak unit. It got WORSE without a competent LT. 
We lost a slot WR? Bad things happened.
We lost a deep threat at WR? Bad things happened. 
We lost a LG? Bad things happened. 

Anytime something bad happened at a starting position, again, on an already BAD unit even with it's best five out there or best three out there, they went from being competent to looking like [BLEEP] on a shingle. That cannot happen again in 2024. 

What if it's Engram in 2024 that goes down? Is Strange ready to produce 100 receptions or more and roughly 1,000 yards on offense?

What if it's Etienne in 2024 that goes down? Is Bigsby ready to make guys miss tackles without fumbling the damn football and put up over 1,000 yards on offense?

What if we don't bring back Ridley? And Kirk gets hurt again? Or Jones? Is Agnew even on the roster in 2024? Do we think we're getting their production out of Washington, the other Jones and Cooks? 

It's bad man. Pretty bad. The offense is dangerously close to just being a shell of whatever former "self" it had left from 2022 because it started to show horribly down the stretch in 2023 against tougher opponents. 2024 will be just as difficult schedule wise.

how I see it.
  • We knew we wanted to upgrade IDL - there are three threads on it. Now we know they want to as well. 
  • adding an average center and a solid guard instantly makes this offensive line much better than it was in 22/23
  • We have three offensive tackles currently on the roster - they can wait on addressing LT till next year if they choose
  • We need Kirk and Engram to be healthy most of the season- just as most teams feel about their most productive receivers
  • We can play the what if game with every team in the league - no one has a spare ETN laying around - but every year 6 no name RBs come off the bench and play incredibly around the league
  •  They've got ~5 starting roles to fill in an offseason. It's a challenge and they'll probably botch one or two of them. But if they nail the right 3... they could still win the division.

Wow...just...wow. Go ahead and drink the cyanide already, geez.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-05-2024, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Monumental "if"

That's pretty much like saying Matthew Perry (Net Worth $120 million) should be all set as long as he doesn't screw it up.