Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA News

(03-05-2024, 03:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wow...just...wow. Go ahead and drink the cyanide already, geez.

You first, Eva.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-05-2024, 12:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: New defensive staff is cleaning house and getting ready to put their own guys in place.

I'm good with it. It's a two birds with one stone situation.
Bad cap hits get cleared AND new staff gets hand picked players.

Pretty normal when the new staff has a different scheme and approach.

Always liked Rayshawn the person.

He's an opportunistic, average safety. Antonio Johnson has more upside and should get starter reps this season. Dewie is an adequate backup.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

What if we used the money we were gonna spend on Ridley we put into our oline

(03-05-2024, 01:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:51 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I just don't see how we improve all these key positions?

$50 mil in cap space and 5 picks before the end of the fourth round oughta' do it if they don't screw it up. 

Monumental "if"

Optimistic I am...but I've only been following the team for a little less than two years.

That said...

9-8 season in 22 (defense was bad more than good that season)
9-8 season in 23 (defense AND offense weren't that good if we're being completely honest...we shite the bed against most winning teams we faced)

I'm optimistic until I'm given the reason not to be.  I've liked our free agent signings over the past two years.   I'm hoping the Jags can do well again.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

I wouldn't rule out Cam getting shipped off in trade.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 04:43 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-05-2024, 04:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I wouldn't rule out Cam getting shipped off in trade.

For $18M? Not sure about that. That's the 7th highest AAV right now in the NFL for the LT group. No team wants that on their salary cap for a guy that's played one full season in his career, and is coming off, not only another injury riddled season but a suspension for doping. 

Look at positional spending in general. Seattle has $10.5M tied up as a whole with the OL group. They invested picks though. Then it's the Jets with $13.8M, the Raiders with $21.5M. Maybe the Raiders would gamble on him. He kind of fits their mold in a throw back way and Antonio Pierce is a player's coach and a Raider all the way through. 

What do you get in exchange for him though? Maybe a 5th or 6th RD pick?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cam was 7th in pass protection for LTs last year

(03-05-2024, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cam was 7th in pass protection for LTs last year

And how was his replacement the other half of the season?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-05-2024, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cam was 7th in pass protection for LTs last year

And how was his replacement the other half of the season?

Not sure where Little ranked.  Just heard DeLugo talking about Cams pass protection ranking the other day.

(03-05-2024, 04:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 04:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I wouldn't rule out Cam getting shipped off in trade.

For $18M? Not sure about that. That's the 7th highest AAV right now in the NFL for the LT group. No team wants that on their salary cap for a guy that's played one full season in his career, and is coming off, not only another injury riddled season but a suspension for doping. 

Look at positional spending in general. Seattle has $10.5M tied up as a whole with the OL group. They invested picks though. Then it's the Jets with $13.8M, the Raiders with $21.5M. Maybe the Raiders would gamble on him. He kind of fits their mold in a throw back way and Antonio Pierce is a player's coach and a Raider all the way through. 

What do you get in exchange for him though? Maybe a 5th or 6th RD pick?

If you're trading for him, you're probably working out an extension to lower that figure this year.  The dead cap is manageable on our end just like it is manageable had we cut him as some were hoping for.  Spotrac has his current market value at 3 years $15.3 million per for reference.  

He'll be 29 this season which is not terribly old as far as OT's go and several sites show OT as a top 5 or better need for more than half the league.  There aren't really enough quality guys in free agency and the draft to fill all that need across the league.  As for potential compensation, what do you get if you cut him?  Maybe a compensatory pick in 2025 depending on other free agent moves?  Let's say you were going to cut him anyway, wouldn't it make sense to just keep him on his current deal and trade him to a team that maybe missed out on their guy in free agency or early in the draft and be absolutely sure you got something in return? And this year instead of next?  Maybe you use their situation to leverage a 4 or he's part of a package to move up in the draft. Who knows?

Not saying it's happening, but for those that were hoping for a cut, Robinson actually has trade value so I wouldn't rule it out is all.  We're past the guarantees with what's left of his deal.  It would be a dick move to cut him after free agency gets rolling, but we could technically cut him whenever and only potentially be on the hook for a workout bonus if he's here for that.  Just seems like holding his rights for the time being has value even if you have no plans for him to be on the roster in 2024, but who knows what Doug/Trent are thinking.  They may be thinking extension.

(03-05-2024, 01:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's going to be really funny when the draft is on and everybody is hoping for Brian Thomas Jr. at WR or Jackson Powers-Johnson at C and this team drafts Cooper DeJean out of Iowa to play Safety. I wouldn't hate the selection. I just think most fans that don't pay attention will [BLEEP] bricks.

The bricks come more as a result of who we leave on the board than who we take.

Personally, I think you can move back and land DeJean or you take a much bigger guy early.

Going out on a limb here. Cam restructures adding 2 more years. As the brain trust said, they keep the core together....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-05-2024, 01:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 01:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If we can land a better center and allow the new DC to build his squad, good things will happen. Give it time to develop.

Center is not the only need on offense though. We technically don't have a LG with Cleveland on the market. LT should still be a concern for this fanbase as well. 

As it stands you're relying on a guy that can't stay healthy and was a doper last year and his 2nd RD back-up also has durability concerns. This also leaves Scherff at RG, who, much like the argument was made with Darious Williams, he should honestly be gone due to his age and cap hit which is roughly the same as Williams in savings at $9M. 

This also doesn't get to the point of where we stand right now with Josh Allen being tagged by 1600 hours today and thus enabling our current WR1 to test the market uncontested in another area of need and concern. Because, again, once you get past Ridley and Kirk. Who do you have? 

Hate to sound some doom and gloom man, but, this team has a lot more holes than people realize...

(03-05-2024, 01:19 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I don't know about that most fans i've seen expect CB and that was before today.

They're not going to get a good CB at 17. The good one's will be gone by pick 15. No thanks on Nate Wiggins there. No thanks on Terrion Arnold or Kool Aid with the foot surgery needed post PRO day. 

Give me the white boy from Iowa that can play multiple positions in the secondary, namely safety, at a Harrison Smith level more than likely, and a guy that offers me KR/PR abilities to replace Parker Washington in very selective situations season wise and game wise.

What makes you think DeJean can't be a very good corner?  I think he could be an really good corner or safety

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 07:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This was after week 15 on Okudah

Week 15 stats: 2 tackles
Season stats: 43 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 passes defended, 51.9 PFF grade (104th out of 119 CBs)

After a promising start to the year—earning 64.1 PFF grade through Week 7—Okudah has struggled down the stretch. Per PFF, Okudah has allowed 30 catches on 50 targets for 468 yards and a 91.1 passer rating.

Unsurprisingly, he remains a pretty good player when it comes to his run support (68.5 run defense grade), but his coverage remains very hit or miss. Though he hasn’t allowed a touchdown yet this season, only three passes defended is a particularly low mark.

Side note:

What ever happened to FBT? I miss the good ole days of him vs mad dog

Classic Batman vs Joker thing they had going

What’s going on with sheriff? I see some huge cuts already. Wow

Antonio Johnson bout to clap cheeks in 2024. I don’t know why, because they play 2 different positions, but he gives me an Aaron Beasley vibe.

He’s an upgrade to Jenkins in my eyes.

Bills just released Mitch Morse.

There are so many quality centers and IOL players that the Jags really should be drafting a WR and CB with their first 2 picks.

(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bills just released Mitch Morse.

There are so many quality centers and IOL players that the Jags really should be drafting a WR and CB with their first 2 picks.

Baalke on draft day be like, 'Best I can do is EDGE, RB, & ILB... in that exact order".

(03-06-2024, 05:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bills just released Mitch Morse.

Baalke on draft day be like, 'Best I can do is EDGE, RB, & ILB... in that exact order".
I would personally fly down from Maryland to smack the taste outta his mouth.