Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign Mitch Morse

(03-11-2024, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:50 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I wouldn't mind an entire draft devoted to big meanies on the line.

I'm fine with a mediocre season as long as they are building toward dominance

Honestly? I think getting the middle of the d-line and CB positions fixed gets us to Super Bowl contender.

All Trevor needs is that extra .5 to 1 second increase in his time in the pocket so you're completely right. With the center position fixed (if they jell as a unit), a great NT or DT and then an upgrade at CB.. I agree. It's a playoff team and a scary opponent

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d75yv2k2g36dq9xymg7w...y.gif&ct=g]

(03-11-2024, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)cland Wrote: Great signing to replace to Fortner, and the price is lower that I expected.  I just hope the FO doesn't think they're done, with the offensive line.  Another FA signing with an above-average starting guard would put them in a good spot to enter the draft.

I want to see them draft both guard and center, we need future starters this time. They might not have to play this season but by the end of next year I'd like both Morse and Scherff supplanted by younger and better players.

I agree, and I think the Morse signing gives the Jags a chance to draft the G and C positions in a more traditional spot (2-4th rounds) to get an above-average starting player, after a bit of development.  I also think having a veteran to help teach a new rookie the position from a players perspective is underrated.

(03-11-2024, 09:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I am so excited I have chills. This is the best news in weeks.

Me too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)cland Wrote: Great signing to replace to Fortner, and the price is lower that I expected.  I just hope the FO doesn't think they're done, with the offensive line.  Another FA signing with an above-average starting guard would put them in a good spot to enter the draft.

get the big guys in the darft. Grow them behind the current starters. we don't need them on the field week 1, but good to have them in the stable and getting ready.

I'm good if we avoid the 'splashes' in FA. Getting a center was all the kersploosh I needed to see.

(03-11-2024, 10:55 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Honestly? I think getting the middle of the d-line and CB positions fixed gets us to Super Bowl contender.

All Trevor needs is that extra .5 to 1 second increase in his time in the pocket so you're completely right. With the center position fixed (if they jell as a unit), a great NT or DT and then an upgrade at CB.. I agree. It's a playoff team and a scary opponent

This is the biggest aspect of this signing.

We have good players along the line, if Trevor can remain upright we now get to see if he merits that monster deal. Does he step up to the challenge? No more excuses.

I'm eager to see what he can do.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 12:34 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 2 times in total.)

Great.  Now draft a big O-lineman with the 3rd pick in the draft that can replace Scherff in two seasons.

It's a great sign of the direction the Jags are heading when they can beat the likes of the Pittsburgh Steelers (my old team of 30 years) for a player.   Duval indeed! Banana
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 12:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Great and perfect signing for this team. Good value too

3 good veterans on the interior, and Morse should make Scherff and Clevelands job easier. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy and i think we have a solid interior

(03-11-2024, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: 2 years, 10.5 million. We got a new starting center boys!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix the O-Line!

@snarkyguy_he_him_his said;
[bold]I wouldn't mind an entire draft devoted to big meanies on the line.[/bold]

Me, too. But now we have the opportunity in the draft to replace Ridley if the right pick falls to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix the O-Line!

Amazing pickup at a great price!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Can he play cen---

Oh? You say he IS a center? Nice.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Six concussions in eight years.

Let’s not focus on the downside! Draft another center with some bulk to develop as well.

(03-11-2024, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Six concussions in eight years.

Are the pictures we see of him current?  Or does he look more like this now?

[Image: 6f7jqxxC_400x400.jpg]

I was hoping that we would be able to land Morse, he'll help solidify the starters on the OL. Our starters are now set.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 02:23 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:27 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Remember when everyone was convinced Doug though Fortner was amazing and had no intentions of replacing him?

I'm sure absolutely no one remembers being the ones who said that.

What do I remember yesterday?  Yes...but it wasn't me that said that
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-11-2024, 02:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Six concussions in eight years.

We call that the Laurent Robinson starter pack

But wait, posters were telling me we were set al OL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]