Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 NFL Mock Draft - Post FA

Ideally, this would be nice. Getting two starters off the bat. King at CB helps. Adding Bortolini, Zinter and Cohen for bodies to develop in the interior on offense.

Lee is depth at DT potentially. Watts is depth but tested very well and has promise at Safety. Should be on special teams at the minimum. [Image: a94527200538088df934a0a92970f9e1.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't seen Bortolini anywhere else rated above about 190 or so. That seems like a pretty big reach.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 06:42 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-14-2024, 12:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I haven't seen Bortolini anywhere else rated above about 190 or so. That seems like a pretty big reach.

Bortolini sounds like an excellent side dish FWIW.  I'd probably reach for him Cry  based on that alone.

(03-14-2024, 12:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I haven't seen Bortolini anywhere else rated above about 190 or so. That seems like a pretty big reach.

I think he'll go higher than expected. Tested very well. I like him in a developmental role to back up Morse and compete with Fortner. Can also work him at Guard.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-14-2024, 12:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I think he'll go higher than expected. Tested very well. I like him in a developmental role to back up Morse and compete with Fortner. Can also work him at Guard.

The list of centers I've seen has been pretty much the same across sources:

1. JPJ
2. Frazier
3. SVP
4. Limmer
5. Nugent

Then the next group is Nourzad, Borto, McMahon and Raym with the Florida, LSU and Miami guys all after that group down in the UDFA basement.

Most of the time the drop from Frazier to SVP is 2nd down to 4th with the others listed 6th round or later. If this team doesn't get one of the two premier guys it would be a late Saturday pick IMO. I just think there's a bunch of guys at Borto's level and he could be anywhere on Day 3 or even an UDFA.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-14-2024, 12:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Agreed, where these sites have these players rated means nothing.  Sites didn't even have Quincy Williams on their board.  We drafted him in the 3rd and he just made All Pro.

(03-14-2024, 01:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 12:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think he'll go higher than expected. Tested very well. I like him in a developmental role to back up Morse and compete with Fortner. Can also work him at Guard.

Agreed, where these sites have these players rated means nothing.  Sites didn't even have Quincy Williams on their board.  We drafted him in the 3rd and he just made All Pro.

Agreed. Same sites that said Keelee Ringo was a 1st RD pick and Antonio Johnson was a 2nd RD pick last year. I think a lot of teams parted ways with Centers this off season. An unusually high amount for me that I can recall of. At least four to six I believe. The fact that he tested eerily close to Kelce's RAS and he has a bit of a "character" and "look" to him?

I think he'll go higher once teams recall interviews, and recall his character. He's easily a good locker room fit, and, for what it's worth, he is a Wisconsin Badger. They're known for producing quality running back's and running game's in general and that starts with quality lineman up front. I would be surprised if he's still there in RD5. 

When you factor in, that, he can play guard or center? His value goes up that much more when you weigh in his combine performance. Teams take notice to that.

(03-14-2024, 01:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 01:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, where these sites have these players rated means nothing.  Sites didn't even have Quincy Williams on their board.  We drafted him in the 3rd and he just made All Pro.

Agreed. Same sites that said Keelee Ringo was a 1st RD pick and Antonio Johnson was a 2nd RD pick last year. I think a lot of teams parted ways with Centers this off season. An unusually high amount for me that I can recall of. At least four to six I believe. The fact that he tested eerily close to Kelce's RAS and he has a bit of a "character" and "look" to him?

I think he'll go higher once teams recall interviews, and recall his character. He's easily a good locker room fit, and, for what it's worth, he is a Wisconsin Badger. They're known for producing quality running back's and running game's in general and that starts with quality lineman up front. I would be surprised if he's still there in RD5. 

When you factor in, that, he can play guard or center? His value goes up that much more when you weigh in his combine performance. Teams take notice to that.

Yeah, the last thing real GMs are looking at is some of these sites player rankings lol

NFL-team-logo
Jared Verse
EDGE Florida State
NFL-team-logo
Darius Robinson
EDGE Missouri
NFL-team-logo
McKinnley Jackson
DT Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo
Tanor Bortolini
OC Wisconsin
NFL-team-logo
Zak Zinter
OG Michigan
NFL-team-logo
Jarrian Jones
CB Florida State
NFL-team-logo
Dallin Holker
TE Colorado State
NFL-team-logo
Joshua Cephus
WR UTSA
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.