Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags add Arik Armstead let's discuss

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2024, 08:12 AM by nhiverson.)

He will be this teams Calais.
No Fun

I think they hope to get Armstead involved in around 35% of the snaps and reap 6 or 7 sacks and 25-30 pressures from that work.

We sorely missed that kind of disruption from any of the interior guys last year.

My concern is who he will be lining up with inside?

Hamilton is a health and conditioning mystery, RRH disappointed last year after getting paid, Fatukasi fizzled and became a cap cut, Gotsis and Ledbetter are rotational depth, not guys you want getting 40% of your snaps. This team needs another sure-fire IDL starting quality player IMO.

(04-03-2024, 09:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think they hope to get Armstead involved in around 35% of the snaps and reap 6 or 7 sacks and 25-30 pressures from that work.

We sorely missed that kind of disruption from any of the interior guys last year.

Hamilton is a health and conditioning mystery, RRH disappointed last year after getting paid, Fatukasi fizzled and became a cap cut, Gotsis and Ledbetter are rotational depth, not guys you want getting 40% of your snaps.  This team needs another sure-fire IDL starting quality player IMO.

I'm a little worried about Armstead's health.  I read somewhere that he has plantar fasciitis, and it's not fixable, and therefore, he will inevitably miss some games.  If he's our only addition to the defensive line, then we haven't done much to fix the defensive line.

(04-03-2024, 02:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 09:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think they hope to get Armstead involved in around 35% of the snaps and reap 6 or 7 sacks and 25-30 pressures from that work.

Hamilton is a health and conditioning mystery, RRH disappointed last year after getting paid, Fatukasi fizzled and became a cap cut, Gotsis and Ledbetter are rotational depth, not guys you want getting 40% of your snaps.  This team needs another sure-fire IDL starting quality player IMO.

I'm a little worried about Armstead's health.  I read somewhere that he has plantar fasciitis, and it's not fixable, and therefore, he will inevitably miss some games.  If he's our only addition to the defensive line, then we haven't done much to fix the defensive line.

Yeah. Hoping they're eyeing Ruke Orhorhoro in RD2 and Gabe Hall in RD5 personally for this reason with Armstead. Hopefully they learned their lesson from last year when they were entering the regular season down Hamilton and Smoot. 

We have to have better rotational players and depth this year or we'll be getting dinked and dunked to death in the secondary just like last year because there's just too much time for QB's to thrive from the pocket.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-03-2024, 02:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

He has already been playing through it and producing at a high level. 
He still has gas in the tank. 

He should not be the only addition to the line IMO - Definitely need more help unless RRH and Hamilton miraculously look like different players under Nielsen. (not holding my breath)

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2024, 03:21 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-03-2024, 02:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 02:17 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm a little worried about Armstead's health.  I read somewhere that he has plantar fasciitis, and it's not fixable, and therefore, he will inevitably miss some games.  If he's our only addition to the defensive line, then we haven't done much to fix the defensive line.

He has already been playing through it and producing at a high level. 

He should not be the only addition to the line IMO - Definitely need more help unless RRH and Hamilton miraculously look like different players under Nielsen. (not holding my breath)

He missed 5 games in 2023.  He missed 8 games in 2022.

(04-03-2024, 03:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 02:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He has already been playing through it and producing at a high level. 

He missed 5 games in 2023.  He missed 8 games in 2022.

I'm aware -  he sustained the fracture in 2022 - that led to the fascitis condition. 
Then he produced well in 2023 despite it.
His time missed in 2023 was due to a meniscus which has supposedly been repaired. 

They aren't expecting him to have starts and snap count numbers like Josh Allen. He's an aging interior disruptor. 
Think 40-50% of the snaps - mostly obvious passing down packages. 

If they can get 11 or 12 starts out of him playing that kind of snap count, he'll make a big difference.

Disrupt strouds pocket for us

(04-04-2024, 12:20 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Disrupt strouds pocket for us

We need to bring back Marcus Stroud and Big Hen.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-03-2024, 03:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 03:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He missed 5 games in 2023.  He missed 8 games in 2022.

I'm aware -  he sustained the fracture in 2022 - that led to the fascitis condition. 
His time missed in 2023 was due to a meniscus which has supposedly been repaired. 

They aren't expecting him to have starts and snap count numbers like Josh Allen. He's an aging interior disruptor. 

If they can get 11 or 12 starts out of him playing that kind of snap count, he'll make a big difference.

Yes he will. The thing that worries me is during the preseason it was said DaVon Hamilton was having an awesome camp, throwing people around. A real monster. The issue is that was against OUR line.  During the season we found out most good d-linemen could do the same.  So I have a suspicion our only big guy on the line when fully healthy is just average. I sure hope I am wrong. If I am correct then no CB you can get will make that better.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-09-2024, 09:45 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I think they're a little long in the tooth to be playing a young man's game.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-16-2024, 12:00 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: I say we are in position to go BAP and don’t force anything. More important to get the pick right than try to align needs. I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if they went edge at 17 either.

You don't go for depth with a first round pick.  

I agree, unless we can find a serviceable backup TE or backup RB like we did in rounds 2 & 3 last year then I say we pull the trigger and build depth at our most highly skilled positions.

(04-09-2024, 09:40 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 03:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm aware -  he sustained the fracture in 2022 - that led to the fascitis condition. 

Yes he will. The thing that worries me is during the preseason it was said DaVon Hamilton was having an awesome camp, throwing people around. A real monster. The issue is that was against OUR line.  During the season we found out most good d-linemen could do the same.  So I have a suspicion our only big guy on the line when fully healthy is just average. I sure hope I am wrong. If I am correct then no CB you can get will make that better.

This is a fair suspicion to have with Hamilton. I am not sold nor convinced he's the guy that puts this defense over the top within the interior. If Jer'Zhan Newton is there next Thursday starring at us with the 17th pick? He's somebody they have to consider.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-09-2024, 09:45 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Miss these guys lol