Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gun Nuts

I recently picked up a Taurus G3C. Its quite small and compact. Was a little small for my hand, but adding a 12 round mag extended it just enough that it feels over all pretty good.
In Dougie I Trust!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you’re digging the Glocks, I have a bunch, but in 9mm for CC ive got the 43 and 43x. 43 is easier to conceal, but the 43x is more comfortable in my hands plus you get a few extra rounds. I’d check those out as well.

(03-20-2024, 08:20 PM)Jags Wrote: If you’re digging the Glocks, I have a bunch, but in 9mm for CC ive  got the 43 and 43x.  43 is easier to conceal, but the 43x is more comfortable in my hands plus you get a few extra rounds. I’d check those out as well.

I have a Glock collection too, but prefer my 45 Colt Commander. (Maybe because I tricked it out)  Glocks are great I love shooting them. The issue I have with the Glocks are a lack of a safety other than the trigger safety they have.  I am sure it is just me and call me silly but I just can't get myself to carry with one in the pipe.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

If you're interested in the Glock 19 but with a longer grip, try the 19x or the 45. It has the longer frame of the Glock 17 but with the shorter slide of the 19.

(03-18-2024, 06:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 07:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I love the way the Glock shoots, personally. I don't know why, but I tend to shoot really well with it, but I use an extended mag to make the grip fit better in my hand. Did you try that when shooting?

Going to look into that. With the extensions. Homebiscuit brought that up earlier as well. I appreciate it! 

The Glock is fun to shoot. Can't deny that. Minminal recoil, easy to slide it back and just point and shoot with for sure.

(03-17-2024, 03:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I carry a Taurus PT-1911 in .45 ACP while I'm around the house.  I like how it shoots.

For CC I carry a Kimber Micro-9 in 9mm.  It's small, light weight and easy to conceal.  The only downside is that it only holds 7+1.

For my wife I got her a Smith & Wesson M&P-EZ chambered in .380.  What is nice about this one is that it is very light weight and the slide is very easy to pull back (something my wife struggles with on my other guns).

As far  as choosing a CC firearm, I would not rule out a .380 by any means.  It's all about ammo selection.  A .380 has plenty of stopping power and is much easier to handle.  My choice of ammo for all of my defensive shooting is Underwood Ammo Extreme Defender.  The design of the bullet will penetrate through clothing, create a large, rapidly expanding air pocket that will destroy internal organs and very rarely will exit.  You don't want a bullet that will go through a "target" that could possibly injure someone un-intentionally.

My last bit of advice is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.  If you are focusing on self defense, don't waste time/ammo on "precision" shots at 25 yards or more.  Practice drawing your weapon and shooting quickly at 10-15 yards.  That's the largest distance that most self defense situations happen.

I have the luxury of having my own firing range and I shoot at least weekly.

Really, really appreciate all of this. I agree with you the last bit about practicing and being more practical for sure. I noticed some people at the range doing just that, rapid fire from drawing from their holster's and up closer than usual with the more precision style targeting posters.

Looked fun. I have been looking at S&W's (The M&P 5.7's) and some CZ Shadow's recently as well. I'll end up getting a feel though once that show rolls into town next month. Hopefully they have some tables set-up with some of these good recommendations made above.

If you want authenticity in your purchase look at the 1911s sold by Rock Island. They have the last remaining WW2-era production equipment in the Philippines and the stamps and presses create the vintage 1911 Mil-Spec frame. I have two (.45 and 9mm) and they are cheap and superb.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 05:43 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-16-2024, 11:44 AM)EricC85 Wrote: I lost all my guns in a boating accident. 

Where the hell were you boating, Somalia?

(03-15-2024, 07:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Question. Just recently started getting into shooting. 

I heard a lot of people with untrainable dogs are getting into shooting these days.