Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Top 5 At #17

Simple thread. Post your top five players you're hoping for (realistically) that you would like to see Jacksonville make the pick with. 

1. Brian Thomas Jr. - WR - LSU
2. Quinyon Mitchell - CB - Toledo
3. Laiatu Latu - EDGE - UCLA
4. Jared Verse - EDGE - FSU
5. Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. Brock Bowers
2. Laiatu Latu
3. Quinyon Mitchell
4. Jared Verse
5. Tallese Fuaga ( with the purpose of trading/releasing Cam and moving Harrison to left tackle ).

I reserve the right to modify this list prior to 4/25!

1. JPJ
2. Fuaga
3. Newton
4. Mitchell
5 Thomas, Jr.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

1. Quinyon Mitchell
2. Brian Thomas Jr
3. Fautanu
4. Fuaga
5. AD Mitchell

Good thread though I'm not yet prepared to answer just yet. I shall return, however!

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 5 times in total.)

I don't think any of these guys will be there if Latu is cleared medically but here it is

1. Bowers
2 . Fuaga
3. Verse
4. Mitchell
5. Latu ( pending medical) / Thomas Jr.

Good to see who is wanted in the draft here.

Hopefully Trent Baalke is as clueless as some of you. The Packers have 11 picks and could move up, but let's let the quality players fall in Gute's lap.

Packers 5 picks in first 91.
First Rd- #25
Second Rd- #41
Second Rd-#58
Third Rd- #88
Third Rd- #91

Fourth Rd- #125
Fifth Rd- #168
Sixth Rd- #201
Sixth Rd- #219
Seventh Rd- #245
Seventh Rd- #255

(03-19-2024, 01:31 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Good to see who is wanted in the draft here.

Hopefully Trent Baalke is as clueless as some of you. The Packers have 11 picks and could move up, but let's let the quality players fall in Gute's lap.

First Rd- #25
Second Rd- #41
Second Rd-#58
Third Rd- #88
Third Rd- #91

Fourth Rd- #125
Fifth Rd- #168
Sixth Rd- #201
Sixth Rd- #219
Seventh Rd- #245
Seventh Rd- #255

Oh Great Cranium of the Curds, bless us with thine knowledge! For whom should the lowly peasant of Duval yearn in the forthcoming darft?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-19-2024, 01:31 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Good to see who is wanted in the draft here.

First Rd- #25
Second Rd- #41
Second Rd-#58
Third Rd- #88
Third Rd- #91

Fourth Rd- #125
Fifth Rd- #168
Sixth Rd- #201
Sixth Rd- #219
Seventh Rd- #245
Seventh Rd- #255

Nice draft class last year. What do you think the Packers do on the opening night of the draft with the 25th selection? Trade up? Trade down? Stay put?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-19-2024, 02:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

First Rd- #25
Second Rd- #41
Second Rd-#58
Third Rd- #88
Third Rd- #91

Fourth Rd- #125
Fifth Rd- #168
Sixth Rd- #201
Sixth Rd- #219
Seventh Rd- #245
Seventh Rd- #255

Nice draft class last year. What do you think the Packers do on the opening night of the draft with the 25th selection? Trade up? Trade down? Stay put?

Brian Gutekunst is known to move up, but isn't going to give up a ton to do so. I am ok staying at #25. I don't see a trade down picking that late in the first round. Stick and pick is most times a teams best move.

Yeah, it was a decent draft class last year. Gute has been pretty good at running the draft since he became GM in 2018. No complaints.

Your feelings on Trent Baalke?

(03-19-2024, 02:53 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 02:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice draft class last year. What do you think the Packers do on the opening night of the draft with the 25th selection? Trade up? Trade down? Stay put?

Brian Gutekunst is known to move up, but isn't going to give up a ton to do so. I am ok staying at #25. I don't see a trade down picking that late in the first round. Stick and pick is most times a teams best move.

Yeah, it was a decent draft class last year. Gute has been pretty good at running the draft since he became GM in 2018. No complaints.

So, who do you think they take with the 25th pick?

Baalke is hit or miss. He's good at adding respectable talent via free agency, and he's more hit in the first two, three rounds Vs. the later half of drafts where he's more miss than hit. 

I think he has a better eye for defensive talent and he's had some luck especially in finding quality players within the secondary. Where he's failed, and this is the most frustrating part, is, adequately drafting offensive lineman prospects that are capable of being developed to protect our Quarterback.

We also lack push in the trenches and our running game has suffered for it. Where he loses me personally, is, his infatuation with drafting RB's and LB's in decent areas of the draft. Last year was a real disappointment because he invested a 2nd RD pick on Strange (Green Bay landed Muskgrave and Kraft, two players some of us, myself included, were eyeing leading up to the draft) in a deep TE class. 

He also opted to draft another RB in RD3 in Bigsby, after just a year or two ago where he traded two picks up to draft a RB that is no longer on the football team in Snoop Connor. Who we believe he maybe thought was his next Carlos Hyde type of player that he picked in San Francisco. 

Just seems to be a disconnect between himself and the coaching staff. So, good free agent signer, decent eye for defensive talent in the draft, especially early and especially in the secondary, woefully bad at finding notable offensive talent throughout the draft. It's essentially the same thing he did with the 49ers.

I think we end up drafting Terrion Arnold

(03-19-2024, 04:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 02:53 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Brian Gutekunst is known to move up, but isn't going to give up a ton to do so. I am ok staying at #25. I don't see a trade down picking that late in the first round. Stick and pick is most times a teams best move.

So, who do you think they take with the 25th pick?

Today I like Graham Barton at #25.

I also like Edgerrin Cooper at #41

I will stop there, as I am not a big mock draft guy.

I really only care who Brian Gutekunst likes. His feelings are all that really matters.

Just switched Verse and Latu. I love both but I think we will be going to a 4-3 base and Verse is a 4-3 end and better with his hand in the dirt. If we continue to run a 3-4 id have Latu ahead. Does Latu ever play with his hand in the dirt? On passing downs or really any down for that matter and add a healthy Hamilton in the mix.

Allen-Armstead-Walker-Verse

Nasty

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 07:41 PM by Jagulars. Edited 3 times in total.)

My top 5 at 17:

1. DE Jared Verse
2. OT Amarius Mims
3. WR Brian Thomas Jr.
4. OT J.C. Latham
5. DE Chop Robinson

Verse would be the pick if he was available at 17. He fits exactly what Baalke is looking for. I agree with flgatorsandjags above. Put him on opposite ends with Allen and push Walker inside on 43 with Armstead. That's the spice. Can he stand on 34 packages? Probably. I'd keep him on the line to be more effective.

If Verse isn't available at 17, I believe the Jags could grab Mims. That would put an end to Cam Robinson. His chances of being available here are a little better than I'd imagine it would be.

Thomas Jr is an intriguing WR here and wouldn't be surprised of he was selected. However, I have a feeling a team has him high on their board and he goes before 17.

Work on his nasty habit of penaties, Latham could turn out to be a very good pick a few years down the road.

Chop Robinson is a wild card. His ceiling is very high. His bust potential is also high. I could see Baalke probably gushing over him and wouldn't mind taking a risk for him.

(03-19-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we end up drafting Terrion Arnold

I would prefer Mitchell, but the Colts are likely to take him at 15. I could definitely see Arnold being the pick and wouldn't be shocked if Baalke reaches for Darius Robinson due to his physical traits. On another note, I believe we can forget about Bowers dropping since the Jets look like his destination. They have added to their offensive line as well as getting Mike Williams. They could be tough if Rodgers is 100% with weapons like Wilson, Williams, Bowers and Breece Hall.

(03-19-2024, 07:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we end up drafting Terrion Arnold

I would prefer Mitchell, but the Colts are likely to take him at 15. I could definitely see Arnold being the pick and wouldn't be shocked if Baalke reaches for Darius Robinson due to his physical traits. On another note, I believe we can forget about Bowers dropping since the Jets look like his destination. They have added to their offensive line as well as getting Mike Williams. They could be tough if Rodgers is 100% with weapons like Wilson, Williams, Bowers and Breece Hall.
Yeah I think the Jets or Broncos will grab Bowers. Mitchell could go to a number of teams, I could see him going to the Raiders as well.  As far as the Colts, I think they get one of the top corners or Thomas Jr for AR.  That big bodied field stretcher for ARs big arm

I guess based on the responses nobody expects Murphy to fall to 17?

1. Thomas - based on the way some of the mocks are going this may not be realistic now, either
2. Mitchell - only CB I like in RD 1
3. Murphy - if there's a run on QB/CB/OL, he may slip.
I'd even be ok moving up a few spots to secure any of these three
5. Fuaga, JPJ or trade back and reassess

(03-20-2024, 08:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: I guess based on the responses nobody expects Murphy to fall to 17?

1. Thomas - based on the way some of the mocks are going this may not be realistic now, either
2. Mitchell - only CB I like in RD 1
3. Murphy - if there's a run on QB/CB/OL, he may slip.
I'd even be ok moving up a few spots to secure any of these three
5. Fuaga, JPJ or trade back and reassess

The acquisition of Armstead makes it less likely they want Newton. He was definitely on my short list prior to the signing, but now I'd prefer a nose tackle type like Sweat who can free up Armstead.

As of March 20:

1. Troy Fautanu
2. Quinyon Mitchell/Terrion Arnold whichever falls
3. Brock Bowers
4. JC Latham
5. Brian Thomas Jr.

I excluded these 12 players from being on the board at 17: The 4 consensus QBs, 3 consensus WRs, 2 consensus Tackles, Turner, Fuaga, and Verse. So at least 1 of the 5 listed should be there