Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Top 5 At #17

(03-20-2024, 09:59 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 08:28 AM)Mikey Wrote: I guess based on the responses nobody expects Murphy to fall to 17?

1. Thomas - based on the way some of the mocks are going this may not be realistic now, either
2. Mitchell - only CB I like in RD 1
3. Murphy - if there's a run on QB/CB/OL, he may slip.
I'd even be ok moving up a few spots to secure any of these three
5. Fuaga, JPJ or trade back and reassess

The acquisition of Armstead makes it less likely they want Newton. He was definitely on my short list prior to the signing, but now I'd prefer a nose tackle type like Sweat who can free up Armstead.

Not to mention he's 6' and under 300lb.  Even if we didn't have Armstead I highly doubt we would have taken him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No order

1. Nate Wiggins
2. Mimms/Fautanu/Fuaga/insert top OT
3. Graham Barton
4. Jackson Powers-Johnson
5. Brian Thomas Jr

1- Byron Murphy II
2- Troy Fautanu
3- Brian Thomas Jr
4- Laiatu Latu
5- Cooper DeJean

Hey, don't you Jaguars fans start falling in love with Graham Barton now.;-P

Graham more of a Green Bay Packer. High quality individual, with versatility like that is home in the OL room at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

(03-21-2024, 10:26 AM)PackersNation Wrote: Hey, don't you Jaguars fans start falling in love with Graham Barton now.;-P

Graham more of a Green Bay Packer. High quality individual, with versatility like that is home in the OL room at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

Out of spite.

Traded with Dallas to make this happen just before Green Bay:

24th - Graham Barton - OG/C/LT
48th - T'Vondre Sweat - NT
56th - Ricky Pearsall - WR
96th - Mike Sainristill - CB
114th - Mason McCormick - OG
116th - Kalen King - CB
153rd - Javon Baker - WR
212th - Frank Crum - OT
236th - Logan Lee - DT
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-21-2024, 04:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 10:26 AM)PackersNation Wrote: Hey, don't you Jaguars fans start falling in love with Graham Barton now.;-P

Out of spite.

116th - Kalen King - CB
153rd - Javon Baker - WR
212th - Frank Crum - OT
236th - Logan Lee - DT

SIGN. ME. UP.

Out of spite.

116th - Kalen King - CB
153rd - Javon Baker - WR
212th - Frank Crum - OT
236th - Logan Lee - DT
Ummmm that’s perfect.

Out of spite.

116th - Kalen King - CB
153rd - Javon Baker - WR
212th - Frank Crum - OT
236th - Logan Lee - DT

I'd sing Hallelujah if it fell that way.  Who did Dallas pick with the trade?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 05:43 AM by HolsterHusto. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Brock Bowers
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Cooper DeJean
4. Terrion Arnold
5. Brian Thomas

I wish there was more smoke around us and Bowers. I get TE isn’t a need, but I think Bowers is absolutely a star in the making. I’d run two TE sets or line him out at WR with Kirk and Gabe. Trevor needs a young talent to grow with.

(03-22-2024, 05:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I wish there was more smoke around us and Bowers. I get TE isn’t a need, but I think Bowers is absolutely a star in the making. I’d run two TE sets or line him out at WR with Kirk and Gabe. Trevor needs a young talent to grow with.

So, you want "more" false crap(smoke) about the Jaguars interest in Bowers? If the Jaguars were actually interested in Bowers, then it would be factual, and not "smoke."

And I feel Baalke drafts based more by BPA than "need." "Needs" can change from April to September.

(03-22-2024, 06:25 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 05:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I wish there was more smoke around us and Bowers. I get TE isn’t a need, but I think Bowers is absolutely a star in the making. I’d run two TE sets or line him out at WR with Kirk and Gabe. Trevor needs a young talent to grow with.

So, you want "more" false crap(smoke) about the Jaguars interest in Bowers? If the Jaguars were actually interested in Bowers, then it would be factual, and not "smoke."

And I feel Baalke drafts based more by BPA than "need." "Needs" can change from April to September.

absolutely we do. That way if someone in the 20s has their eye on him, well, either overpay to jump ahead of us and leave better players on the board, or pay us a king's ransom to cede pick 17 to you.

You gotta lie in lying season.

(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 04:15 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Out of spite.

116th - Kalen King - CB
153rd - Javon Baker - WR
212th - Frank Crum - OT
236th - Logan Lee - DT

I'd sing Hallelujah if it fell that way.  Who did Dallas pick with the trade?

Funny enough, it was for Tyler Guyton. Thought that was interesting.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-22-2024, 08:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 06:54 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'd sing Hallelujah if it fell that way.  Who did Dallas pick with the trade?

Funny enough, it was for Tyler Guyton. Thought that was interesting.

I like Barton but I wouldn't take him over Fautanu if both are available.  Fautanu could be the LT of the future and I think Barton will be a better pro on the interior of the oline.

(03-22-2024, 05:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: 1. Brock Bowers
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Cooper DeJean
4. Terrion Arnold
5. Brian Thomas

I wish there was more smoke around us and Bowers. I get TE isn’t a need, but I think Bowers is absolutely a star in the making. I’d run two TE sets or line him out at WR with Kirk and Gabe. Trevor needs a young talent to grow with.

Saw a CBS live mock draft the other day with Brady Quinn. I guess they forgot Brock Bowers exists. He didn't go at all in the first round. I would love the pick. I just don't see him making it to 17. There's too many young QB's in the NFL with teams picking inside the top ten and within our division, plus, the Jets in front of us making a run with Rodgers that would more than likely eye him. 

Nightmare scenario for me is he ends up in our division with Levis or Richardson playing backyard football, running around, breaking tackles and finding Bowers wide open like Kelce in Kansas City. Bowers has all of the makings to be a carbon copy of Travis Kelce & George Kittle in my opinion. He'll run out wide, he'll block, he'll find soft spots, he'll create mismatches, he'll stretch seams, he'll be a screen threat, etc.

Any offensive coordinator worth their salt will figure out a way to make him a headache on Sunday's for defenses.

(03-22-2024, 08:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 05:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: 1. Brock Bowers
2. Quinyon Mitchell
3. Cooper DeJean
4. Terrion Arnold
5. Brian Thomas

Saw a CBS live mock draft the other day with Brady Quinn. I guess they forgot Brock Bowers exists. He didn't go at all in the first round. I would love the pick. I just don't see him making it to 17. There's too many young QB's in the NFL with teams picking inside the top ten and within our division, plus, the Jets in front of us making a run with Rodgers that would more than likely eye him. 

Nightmare scenario for me is he ends up in our division with Levis or Richardson playing backyard football, running around, breaking tackles and finding Bowers wide open like Kelce in Kansas City. Bowers has all of the makings to be a carbon copy of Travis Kelce & George Kittle in my opinion. He'll run out wide, he'll block, he'll find soft spots, he'll create mismatches, he'll stretch seams, he'll be a screen threat, etc.

Any offensive coordinator worth their salt will figure out a way to make him a headache on Sunday's for defenses.

Yes, he's the one player that i think could help AR into a good QB imo being that safety blanket any young QB would love to have.  He would be the best benefit for any young QB in this draft.

(03-22-2024, 08:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:32 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Funny enough, it was for Tyler Guyton. Thought that was interesting.

I like Barton but I wouldn't take him over Fautanu if both are available.  Fautanu could be the LT of the future and I think Barton will be a better pro on the interior of the oline.

Fautanu won't fall past #20, so I figured he was gone by the time Caldrac was picking in his last mock.  I'd have a pretty big smile if Fautanu is our pick at #17.

My original 5, in order of preference.  1 of them will definitely be there, and all 5 might:

1. Troy Fautanu
2. Quinyon Mitchell/Terrion Arnold whichever falls
3. Brock Bowers
4. JC Latham
5. Brian Thomas Jr.

Brock could go top 10 or fall out of the 1st round because, as noted earlier, this draft is loaded at OL and WR and there are 4  first round QBs with a possible 2 more that will be needed more than Brock.

(03-22-2024, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 06:25 AM)PackersNation Wrote: So, you want "more" false crap(smoke) about the Jaguars interest in Bowers? If the Jaguars were actually interested in Bowers, then it would be factual, and not "smoke."

absolutely we do. That way if someone in the 20s has their eye on him, well, either overpay to jump ahead of us and leave better players on the board, or pay us a king's ransom to cede pick 17 to you.

Well, Holster Husto likes Bowers and wants the Jags to draft him. He is talking about putting out the wrong lies then. If you are a team and want Bowers you talk up other TEs and send out a no interest vibe on Bowers.

I think Bowers ends up in Chicago anyhow. I like a bigger TE than Bowers. 6'3" and 240 is a little small at TE for me.

(03-22-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: absolutely we do. That way if someone in the 20s has their eye on him, well, either overpay to jump ahead of us and leave better players on the board, or pay us a king's ransom to cede pick 17 to you.

Well, Holster Husto likes Bowers and wants the Jags to draft him. He is talking about putting out the wrong lies then. If you are a team and want Bowers you talk up other TEs and send out a no interest vibe on Bowers.

I think Bowers ends up in Chicago anyhow. I like a bigger TE than Bowers. 6'3" and 240 is a little small at TE for me.

I always prefer big tight-end's. If you catch my drift... 

[Image: OGC.e2cc26a32cbe677dbd14259734e38c02?pid...E%2bpQg%3d]

(03-22-2024, 01:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 01:38 PM)PackersNation Wrote: Well, Holster Husto likes Bowers and wants the Jags to draft him. He is talking about putting out the wrong lies then. If you are a team and want Bowers you talk up other TEs and send out a no interest vibe on Bowers.

I always prefer big tight-end's. If you catch my drift... 

[Image: OGC.e2cc26a32cbe677dbd14259734e38c02?pid...E%2bpQg%3d]
As long as big and natural. I don't want any part of these fake big tight ends running around nowadays.