Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terrion Arnold at 17?

DJ and Kiper both have Arnold going to us a month away from the draft.  I have to agree with both.  I think the pick will be Arnold.  I think Arnold will be there when we draft and CB is the biggest immediate need for this team imo.  I think Kool-Aid is a possibility as well but not sure they take him this high with the foot fracture and him needing surgery.  I think Mitchell goes before our pick and I think Arnold will still be on the board when its our pick at 17.  He wouldn't be my favorite pick but I dont hate it.  He's a little slower than most of the top corners in the league with his 4.5 40 but he doesn't look like it when you watch him play.  NFL.com has him number 1 on the production score.  He got much better as the season went on.  He just turned 21 yesterday so still very young and a ton of upside.   He has a good ras not great at 8.37 but is very fluid in his hips and movement. Thought on Arnold at 17?  

Terrion Arnold Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

(1) Kent Lee Platte on X: "Terrion Arnold is a CB prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 8.37 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 363 out of 2222 CB from 1987 to 2024. https://t.co/qWxehDg4RK https://t.co/PBMWLbktGK" / X (twitter.com)

DJ is very high on him and has him as his highest corner and 8th overall on his bigboard

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50: 2024 NFL Draft prospect rankings 3.0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 08:42 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

MEH. I can't stop getting the Texas game out of my mind. Adonai Mitchell had him beat a few times and reaching inside the cookie jar to avoid getting toasted. Adonai's maybe WR5+ on most big boards in the MSM right now as well from this class.

That 4.5 speed with his height and weight is concerning if he's trying to be a press man CB in our secondary. Not sure I would go this route if he's on the board. I would prefer IOL or IDL/EDGE there instead.

Go CB later on in RD2 or RD3. Trade up from those picks in RD4 if you covet one in particular.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 08:53 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2024, 08:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: MEH. I can't stop getting the Texas game out of my mind. Adonai Mitchell had him beat a few times and reaching inside the cookie jar to avoid getting toasted. Adonai's maybe WR5+ on most big boards in the MSM right now as well from this class.

That 4.5 speed with his height and weight is concerning if he's trying to be a press man CB in our secondary. Not sure I would go this route if he's on the board. I would prefer IOL or IDL/EDGE there instead.

Go CB later on in RD2 or RD3. Trade up from those picks in RD4 if you covet one in particular.

I watched that game live but i couldnt remember who gave up what so i just checked it out again.  Arnold didn't give up 1 catch against Mitchell in that game.  He drew 1 PI call on Arnold where Arnold bit on a WR pass, thought the WR was going to run with the ball and he passed it down field.   Out of Mitchell's 3 catches Kool Aid gave up 2 and 1 TD and the other TD was against someone else in the secondary.

https://youtu.be/aHi0CIoa_34?si=OsHN8lFV6nvOkvVA

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 09:07 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

In the LSU game he gave up 1 little slant against Nabers that went for less than 10 yards where Arnold was playing off about 8 yards. Nabers could of had 1 more catch on Arnold on a crosser but he dropped it. Thomas Jr had 2 catches on him, 1 crosser and on a little come back that went for a couple yards. Thomas Jr had 3 catches total in that game for 36 yards.

https://youtu.be/oOrXvgALzP4?si=Twk-ZsTSTK2CJvNY

https://youtu.be/j8dIW71uOi4?si=3G_tHTrDupQyFty2

I wouldn't hate the Arnold pick but I hope another team drafts him because he's not even in my top 5. I know the Raiders really like him. If they don't get a QB I think they go corner

Get a big boy round 1, and cb round 2. Obviously depends how the draft falls though (which is true for any pre draft projection)

(03-23-2024, 10:36 AM)Newton Wrote: Get a big boy round 1, and cb round 2. Obviously depends how the draft falls though (which is true for any pre draft projection)

What big boy do you want at 17?  Latham, Mims, Sweat?

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 11:11 AM by TheDogCatcher.)

(03-23-2024, 10:36 AM)Newton Wrote: Get a big boy round 1, and cb round 2. Obviously depends how the draft falls though (which is true for any pre draft projection)

I subscribe to the planet theory. If the giant from Penn State is miraculously there at #17, he has to be the pick. Same with any of the top three Edges. If they're all gone, select Mitchell/Wiggins/Arnold or try to trade down.

(03-23-2024, 10:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

What big boy do you want at 17?  Latham, Mims, Sweat?

Latham or Mims would be just right at 17, much like Harrison was picked at the right spot. Or trade down to the bottom of round 1 and still get Sweat.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

So now it’s ok to draft for need….. interesting.

(03-23-2024, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So now it’s ok to draft for need….. interesting.

Tackles, Edges, and DTs are almost always a need. Make sure to pick one who cares about what goes into his body, not Weigh-a-Ton Becton or Cam-Roid Robinson.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 11:40 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-23-2024, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So now it’s ok to draft for need….. interesting.

When the top player on your board is a need you want to draft that need.  Almost every position is a need though and why we need to take the player at the top of our board.  Arnold isn't even in my top 5 though which is why I'd rather go a different route.

(03-23-2024, 11:23 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Tackles, Edges, and DTs are almost always a need. Make sure to pick one who cares about what goes into his body, not Weigh-a-Ton Becton or Cam-Roid Robinson.

Exactly, those positions are almost always a need.  He has never understood the concept and probably never will

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 12:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2024, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 08:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: MEH. I can't stop getting the Texas game out of my mind. Adonai Mitchell had him beat a few times and reaching inside the cookie jar to avoid getting toasted. Adonai's maybe WR5+ on most big boards in the MSM right now as well from this class.

I watched that game live but i couldnt remember who gave up what so i just checked it out again.  Arnold didn't give up 1 catch against Mitchell in that game.  He drew 1 PI call on Arnold where Arnold bit on a WR pass, thought the WR was going to run with the ball and he passed it down field.   Out of Mitchell's 3 catches Kool Aid gave up 2 and 1 TD and the other TD was against someone else in the secondary.

Yeah. I just don't like the pick man. Doesn't do it for me. I would take Dallas Turner if he fell though. I like him as an EDGE prospect. With Arnold? I just can't see it. Just reading some of the strengths about him concern me. The Marshon Lattimore comparison is being a little too generous in my opinion. 

I don't feel like waiting two years on a 17th overall selection to become a "good" starter the way he's been profiled on NFL.com. That speed bothers me a lot, especially for a guy of his size, and, the biggest thing is his inexperience and the fact that his overview says "Arnold will make mistakes with positioning and lose focus at times, but he has quality upside to be a CB1 within a couple of years". 

Pass. If it's not Quinyon Mitchell, I am not interested at Arnold there nor Wiggins with the 17th overall pick. I am honestly going to flat out say it, getting big C.J Henderson vibes from both of those guys. The value just isn't there for me to justify it. Not on a team that needs to get better and better fast in 2024 to avoid a potential reset or changing of the guard in 2025. 

At that point? If they had to go secondary? I would hope Cooper DeJean is still on the board. I still like T.J Tampa, Mike Sainristil, Max Melton, Khyree Jackson & Renardo Green as Day 2/Day 3 options. Go get the best CB or CB/S/Gunner/Returner with the 17th overall pick or just stick to the IDL or IOL there and get the upgrades that we know will help the overall scheme of things on either side of the football because it all starts up front anyway.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-23-2024, 11:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I watched that game live but i couldnt remember who gave up what so i just checked it out again.  Arnold didn't give up 1 catch against Mitchell in that game.  He drew 1 PI call on Arnold where Arnold bit on a WR pass, thought the WR was going to run with the ball and he passed it down field.   Out of Mitchell's 3 catches Kool Aid gave up 2 and 1 TD and the other TD was against someone else in the secondary.

Yeah. I just don't like the pick man. Doesn't do it for me. I would take Dallas Turner if he fell though. I like him as an EDGE prospect. With Arnold? I just can't see it. Just reading some of the strengths about him concern me. The Marshon Lattimore comparison is being a little too generous in my opinion. 

I don't feel like waiting two years on a 17th overall selection to become a "good" starter the way he's been profiled on NFL.com. That speed bothers me a lot, especially for a guy of his size, and, the biggest thing is his inexperience and the fact that his overview says "Arnold will make mistakes with positioning and lose focus at times, but he has quality upside to be a CB1 within a couple of years". 

Pass. If it's not Quinyon Mitchell, I am not interested at Arnold there nor Wiggins with the 17th overall pick. I am honestly going to flat out say it, getting big C.J Henderson vibes from both of those guys. The value just isn't there for me to justify it. Not on a team that needs to get better and better fast in 2024 to avoid a potential reset or changing of the guard in 2025. 

At that point? If they had to go secondary? I would hope Cooper DeJean is still on the board. I still like T.J Tampa, Mike Sainristil, Max Melton, Khyree Jackson & Renardo Green as Day 2/Day 3 options. Go get the best CB or CB/S/Gunner/Returner with the 17th overall pick or just stick to the IDL or IOL there and get the upgrades that we know will help the overall scheme of things on either side of the football because it all starts up front anyway.
Gotcha, just saying Mitchell didnt really do [BLEEP] on him.  Hard pass on Wiggins for me.  He is too light and can't tackle.  Not to mention he doesn't seem very bright and it was very odd that he didn't even know anything about 2 Clemson legends because he wasnt there at the time.  Mia also said when he interviewed with the team it didnt go well thanfully.  Corner has to be able to tackle in this defense.  

Mitchell and DeJean are the 2 corners I would be very happy with at 17, the rest not so much.  I'm hoping Jarian Jones will be there in the 3rd, i think he could be starter at nickle day 1 and eventually be our starting outside corner.  I really like Sainristil as well, him and Jones are the 2 best nickle corners in the draft with Jones being better in man coverage, I hope 1 falls to the 3rd but I wouldn't hate it if we took either in the 2nd depending on who is available

As far as edge I'd love it if Turner or Verse fell. If we were still running a 3-4 Latu might be number 1 for me but being we are going back to a 4-3 nd I'm not sure Latu would be a good fit. I think Verse might be edge 1 for me just because he has the power and can win with the bull rush at times if needed.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 05:09 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 11:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I just don't like the pick man. Doesn't do it for me. I would take Dallas Turner if he fell though. I like him as an EDGE prospect. With Arnold? I just can't see it. Just reading some of the strengths about him concern me. The Marshon Lattimore comparison is being a little too generous in my opinion. 

Gotcha, just saying Mitchell didnt really do [BLEEP] on him.  Hard pass on Wiggins for me.  He is too light and can't tackle.  Not to mention he doesn't seem very bright and it was very odd that he didn't even know anything about 2 Clemson legends because he wasnt there at the time.  Mia also said when he interviewed with the team it didnt go well thanfully.  Corner has to be able to tackle in this defense.  

Mitchell and DeJean are the 2 corners I would be very happy with at 17, the rest not so much.  I'm hoping Jarian Jones will be there in the 3rd, i think he could be starter at nickle day 1 and eventually be our starting outside corner.  I really like Sainristil as well, him and Jones are the 2 best nickle corners in the draft with Jones being better in man coverage, I hope 1 falls to the 3rd but I wouldn't hate it if we took either in the 2nd depending on who is available

I know we're not in the Nabers (I know this isn't a Nabers thread) sweepstakes at 17, but the bolded stood out to me because the biggest reason why I don't like him is because of how he interviewed.  One of the things he was asked about and answered poorly in my opinion was if he had any conversations with LSU legends like Ja'marr Chase and Odell Beckham about the draft or NFL life and he said no he didn't really have a relationship with those guys but he had reached out to the likes of Terrace Marshall.  

Someone is doing him a disservice.  It may be him and just not taking advantage of opportunities presented to him, but if I'm the AD at LSU or any school, I'm keeping my guys in the NFL in the fold at that school as much as I can and as much as they are willing, especially the big stars.  Even if you can't get them back in the building much, have regular conversations with them, stay in touch, have them appear via Zoom to your team and have them be available to your guys currently in school and on the roster.  You can't have your up and coming soon to be top 10 pick (or better) NFL WR come from a school known for producing WRs in the NFL and have him answer the question that way.  You just can't.  Ja'marr Chase specifically hasn't been in the NFL that long.  They missed each other by a year.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2024, 07:40 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-23-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 11:55 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I just don't like the pick man. Doesn't do it for me. I would take Dallas Turner if he fell though. I like him as an EDGE prospect. With Arnold? I just can't see it. Just reading some of the strengths about him concern me. The Marshon Lattimore comparison is being a little too generous in my opinion. 

Your not the only ones liking them.  Why do you think KC floated that leak of us being interested in swapping #17 for Sneed.   A really good CB will be available there. Now they will have to try to get one with the 3rd they got from the Titans. Still not bad as he was a 4th round pick in 2020. KC needs low cost young guys just like everyone else in the league. Sneed signed a 4 year 76 mill (55 guaranteed) contract with the titans. We will see him 2x a year now.

True, the draftnicks keep putting us going corner. If you look at our 2 deep and what we did in free agency, corner is most likely the only starting spot of need. That corner would need to start. We need a back up tackle to Harrison, a backup guard for Ezra, a big physical defensive lineman to spell Armstead and possibly a back up corner IF we don't keep 5 safeties. It would be nice for these backups to be able to mature fast, say by midseason?  Just a 50,000 foot observation. How much confidence we have in other players is debatable.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 10:17 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-23-2024, 07:38 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gotcha, just saying Mitchell didnt really do [BLEEP] on him.  Hard pass on Wiggins for me.  He is too light and can't tackle.  Not to mention he doesn't seem very bright and it was very odd that he didn't even know anything about 2 Clemson legends because he wasnt there at the time.  Mia also said when he interviewed with the team it didnt go well thanfully.  Corner has to be able to tackle in this defense.  

Your not the only ones liking them.  Why do you think KC floated that leak of us being interested in swapping #17 for Sneed.   A really good CB will be available there. Now they will have to try to get one with the 3rd they got from the Titans. Still not bad as he was a 4th round pick in 2020. KC needs low cost young guys just like everyone else in the league. Sneed signed a 4 year 76 mill (55 guaranteed) contract with the titans. We will see him 2x a year now.

True, the draftnicks keep putting us going corner. If you look at our 2 deep and what we did in free agency, corner is most likely the only starting spot of need. That corner would need to start. We need a back up tackle to Harrison, a backup guard for Ezra, a big physical defensive lineman to spell Armstead and possibly a back up corner IF we don't keep 5 safeties.  It would be nice for these backups to be able to mature fast, say by midseason?  Just a 50,000 foot observation. How much confidence we have in other players is debatable.

I still think RT is a high possibility at 17 depending on who is there.  Next year Harrison is the only tackle we have on the roster.  I think we need to extend Cam another year and get the cap hit down so he will be under contract next year or draft one of these RT's at 17.  There will be some very good RT's available when we pick and I dont want to go into next year with Harrison as the only tackle on the roster.  If we draft Mims, Latham, or Fuaga then we could trade Cam and we have our bookends for the next 5 plus years. Me personally i want to extend Cam or Little but I dont think Little would sign an extension here being we wont put him at LT and leave him there. If we dont extend Cam we are in a bad spot at tackle next year

(03-24-2024, 10:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 07:38 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Your not the only ones liking them.  Why do you think KC floated that leak of us being interested in swapping #17 for Sneed.   A really good CB will be available there. Now they will have to try to get one with the 3rd they got from the Titans. Still not bad as he was a 4th round pick in 2020. KC needs low cost young guys just like everyone else in the league. Sneed signed a 4 year 76 mill (55 guaranteed) contract with the titans. We will see him 2x a year now.

True, the draftnicks keep putting us going corner. If you look at our 2 deep and what we did in free agency, corner is most likely the only starting spot of need. That corner would need to start. We need a back up tackle to Harrison, a backup guard for Ezra, a big physical defensive lineman to spell Armstead and possibly a back up corner IF we don't keep 5 safeties.  It would be nice for these backups to be able to mature fast, say by midseason?  Just a 50,000 foot observation. How much confidence we have in other players is debatable.

I still think RT is a high possibility at 17 depending on who is there.  Next year Harrison is the only tackle we have on the roster.  I think we need to extend Cam another year and get the cap hit down so he will be under contract next year or draft one of these RT's at 17.  There will be some very good RT's available when we pick and I dont want to go into next year with Harrison as the only tackle on the roster.  If we draft Mims, Latham, or Fuaga then we could trade Cam and we have our bookends for the next 5 plus years.  Me personally i want to extend Cam or Little but I dont think Little would sign an extension here being we wont put him at LT and leave him there. If we dont extend Cam we are in a bad spot at tackle next year

I agree everything we will do is dependent upon who is there, they are in a position to be opportunistic. I would prefer they end this draft up acquiring quality IOL, IDL, Tackle, and CB x2 in any order the draft allows.  I was listening to 1010 and the coach remarked a lot of teams only have 17-20 players with first round grades.  We should have opportunities because of that.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2024, 04:51 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 4 times in total.)

Wiggins and Mitchell only ones I would take. Both have the height/speed/coverage production that suggests All Pro upside. Arnold and Kool-Aid are overrated largely due to playing at Alabama IMO. Neither breaks 6 foot and neither are elite tier athletes. Arnold especially gave up too much YAC, yards, and big plays. Mitchell most complete at the moment, however Wiggins is 2 years younger and highest upside. Didn't play CB until Clemson, former WR. He's already the best in coverage despite being the most inexperienced

Age HT WT 40 Time Vertical Broad Targets Rec. Comp. % Yards Yac TDs (INTs +FF) 20+ Yard Receptions
Nate Wiggins: 20.6 - 6-1 3/8 - 183 - 4.28 - 36 - 10-7 -41 - 18 - 43.90% - 176 - 38 - 1 - 4 - 1
Terrion Arnold: 21 - 5-11 3/4 - 189 - 4.51 - 37 - 10-9 - 79 - 41 - 51.90% - 441 - 237 - 2 - 6 - 7
Kool-Aid McKinstry: 21.5 - 5-11 1/2 - 199 - 4.47- 34.5 - 10-1 - 39 - 19 - 48.72% - 205 - 76 - 1 - 0 -- 2
Quinyon Mitchell: 22.8- 6-0 1/8 -195 - 4.33 - 38 - 10-2 - 62 - 27 - 43.55% - 290 - 67 - 0 - 1 - 3

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 06:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Brooks Mock 3.0

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-20...-draft-3-0