Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terrion Arnold at 17?

(03-26-2024, 06:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brooks Mock 3.0

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-20...-draft-3-0

Sick 

shieldnet is blocked at the office, but I gotta imagine we're leaving many other talented players on the board with that pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2024, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 06:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brooks Mock 3.0

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-20...-draft-3-0

Sick 

shieldnet is blocked at the office, but I gotta imagine we're leaving many other talented players on the board with that pick.

They passed on Brian Thomas Jr. at WR who goes right after us to the Bengals and they passed on Byron Murphy II at DT who goes to the Rams. 

I would be disappointed if we passed on either of those guys in favor of Arnold.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-27-2024, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sick 

They passed on Brian Thomas Jr. at WR who goes right after us to the Bengals and they passed on Byron Murphy II at DT who goes to the Rams. 

I would be disappointed if we passed on either of those guys in favor of Arnold.

/offers brofist

(03-29-2024, 07:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/eric-edholm-202...-thomas-jr

I'm sick of morons saying Graham Barton is "projected to play center in the pros."

Yes, Graham can play all 5 spots on the OL, but he will start at LT or Guard in the NFL next season. In a pinch you could use him at center, but that is not where NFL teams are "projecting" him to play. Could he excel as a starting center? Yes, but it's not going to be his primary position in the league.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

If I was looking at a CB to draft in the last half of the first round:

Nate Wiggins is my guy. I wouldn't hate the pick at 25. I would hate it if it was Arnold.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2024, 05:05 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

We met with him today.  Lot of smoke surrounding us and him at 17 and not just because of this visit which we'll have with many other prospects.  Wondering if we might be coveting someone else and just kinda pumping the smoke a tad to keep others off the real scent.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/jacksonvi...-nfl-draft

Here's some highlights on the season for Arnold.  He looks good to me.  I don't see Sauce Gardner type highlights, but how often are you going to see that?  He seems to have not only good timing in defending passes, but also a nose for the football in the run and screen games.  Also, does a good job swatting the receiver's hands away from his body presumably so they can't get away with a push off. I wouldn't necessarily hate the pick if we do end up taking him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YtN_drWAkc

I've seen some mock drafts with Arnold going around 13-15>

Devin McCourty and Phill Simms rank the CBs after watching tape. Very interesting lists from the former NFL vets. I don't put too much stock into what Simms says though after his Trevor Lawrence takes

McCourty
1. Nate Wiggins - Clemson
2. Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
3. DJ James - Auburn
4. Terrion Arnold - Alabama
5. Max Melton - Rutgers

Simms
1. Mitchell
2. Nate Wiggins - Clemson
3. DJ James - Auburn
4. Max Melton - Rutgers
5. Decamerion Richardson - Miss State

https://youtu.be/qTwOtTZWeU8

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 12:25 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-07-2024, 01:53 AM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Devin McCourty and Phill Simms rank the CBs after watching tape. Very interesting lists from the former NFL vets. I don't put too much stock into what Simms says though after his Trevor Lawrence takes

McCourty
1.  Nate Wiggins - Clemson
2.  Quinyon Mitchell - Toledo
3.  DJ James - Auburn
5. Max Melton - Rutgers

Simms
1.  Mitchell
2.  Nate Wiggins - Clemson
3. DJ James - Auburn
4. Max Melton - Rutgers

Found a nice breakdown of Decamerion here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0rYT2Yihvw

If this analyst's projection of him being an early day 3 pick is accurate of where he'll go, I'd have no problem using one of our two 4ths on this guy or even our end of 3rd round pick if we target other positions in the 1st and 2nd. I generally agree with you about not trusting Simms' hot takes though.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 03:26 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 01:53 AM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Devin McCourty and Phill Simms rank the CBs after watching tape. Very interesting lists from the former NFL vets. I don't put too much stock into what Simms says though after his Trevor Lawrence takes

McCourty
3.  DJ James - Auburn
5. Max Melton - Rutgers

Simms
1.  Mitchell
3. DJ James - Auburn
4. Max Melton - Rutgers

If this analyst's projection of him being an early day 3 pick is accurate of where he'll go, I'd have no problem using one of our two 4ths on this guy or even our end of 3rd round pick if we target other positions in the 1st and 2nd.  I generally agree with you about Simms' hot takes though.

Nice find. I like Richardson a lot now. I agree with McCourty and Simms you take the speed/size guys and not worry about technique too much which will come with time. Another guy to keep an eye on for middle rounds is Andru Philips. Only 5'10 3/4, but runs 4.48 and most impressive jumps out of the gym (42 Vert, 11 - 3 Broad jump.)

I watched him vs Clemson in the Gator Bowl and he jumped out a lot. Good player. Probably a Nickle CB
https://youtu.be/0XcJ7dSZA4A

(04-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

McCourty
3.  DJ James - Auburn
5. Max Melton - Rutgers

Simms
1.  Mitchell
3. DJ James - Auburn
4. Max Melton - Rutgers

If this analyst's projection of him being an early day 3 pick is accurate of where he'll go, I'd have no problem using one of our two 4ths on this guy or even our end of 3rd round pick if we target other positions in the 1st and 2nd.  I generally agree with you about Simms' hot takes though.
Mitchell has been my favorite cornerback to take at 17. After doing a "deeper dive" into Nate Wiggins, I'd add him to my list of players to strongly consider with the 1st round selection. Wiggins is known to be a huge trash talker, but I have no problem with that as long as he backs it up. While watching a couple of his post-game interviews, he comes across as very respectful and actually somewhat soft-spoken. Mia O'Brien put out something that the Jaguars were not impressed after meeting with him. If anything, that tells me the Jaguars love him and don't want other teams to trade up ahead of 17 to get him. He is only 20 years old and should be able to add some muscle weight to his 173 pound frame. The team needs to research his character like any other player, but if there are no red flags he'd be someone I'd be very happy with at 17. If either he or Mitchell are on the Board and Bowers has been selected (likely by the Jets), one of those two is likely to be the pick. Both just seem to have more upside than Arnold and DeJean, although they are very solid players.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 03:23 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-07-2024, 01:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Found a nice breakdown of Decamerion here.

Mitchell has been my favorite cornerback to take at 17. After doing a "deeper dive" into Nate Wiggins, I'd add him to my list of players to strongly consider with the 1st round selection. Wiggins is known to be a huge trash talker, but I have no problem with that as long as he backs it up. While watching a couple of his post-game interviews, he comes across as very respectful and actually somewhat soft-spoken. Mia O'Brien put out something that the Jaguars were not impressed after meeting with him. If anything, that tells me the Jaguars love him and don't want other teams to trade up ahead of 17 to get him. He is only 20 years old and should be able to add some muscle weight to his 173 pound frame. The team needs to research his character like any other player, but if there are no red flags he'd be someone I'd be very happy with at 17. If either he or Mitchell are on the Board and Bowers has been selected (likely by the Jets), one of those two is likely to be the pick. Both just seem to have more upside than Arnold and DeJean, although they are very solid players.

I think OL for the 1st and even 2nd round pick need to be the picks. The franchise is going as far as Trevor can go. Priority has to protecting him and giving him time to throw and giving lanes for Etienne to run through. If not OL or a top tier WR that falls I agree on Mitchell and Wiggins. Mitchell has got everything you're looking for as far as speed/size/hips/physicality. I'm interested to watch his career coming from Toledo. I've spoken about this on Wiggins in another thread, but I'll reiterate Wiggins did come in immature, but more so missing class/being late to meetings. Dabo has praised his turnaround and buy-in since.  With 4.2 speed probably one of those guys who has never had to work hard to dominate until college. He's not a "me guy" or locker room cancer at all. He was one of the most well liked guys on the team and would have been a captain if he was eligible (have to be SR)

Watching him the last 3 years I've never seen another 6'1+ guy move as well as he can. Not just straight line speed but his ability to get out of breaks is special. He's got elite instincts in coverage as a former WR and is physical despite being thin. He played against big WRs Johnny Wilson (6'7 230), Coleman (6'3 213), Walker (6'2 190), and Xavier Leggett (6'1 220) and dominated. Only 1 PI entire year shadowing opposing teams best WRs. He's from the same area as AJ Terrell and has trained with him for years now and it shows. I've been wrong before and will be again but I'm convinced he can be a Patrick Peterson or Stephon Gilmore type player as far as multi year All Pro player. Easily one of most talented guys I've seen at Clemson but with a lot of room for growth. Just hope he doesn't end up a Colt or Texan

https://youtu.be/OemXUdhxpAE?list=TLPQMD...H2fs53FiFA

(04-07-2024, 02:55 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 01:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Mitchell has been my favorite cornerback to take at 17. After doing a "deeper dive" into Nate Wiggins, I'd add him to my list of players to strongly consider with the 1st round selection. Wiggins is known to be a huge trash talker, but I have no problem with that as long as he backs it up. While watching a couple of his post-game interviews, he comes across as very respectful and actually somewhat soft-spoken. Mia O'Brien put out something that the Jaguars were not impressed after meeting with him. If anything, that tells me the Jaguars love him and don't want other teams to trade up ahead of 17 to get him. He is only 20 years old and should be able to add some muscle weight to his 173 pound frame. The team needs to research his character like any other player, but if there are no red flags he'd be someone I'd be very happy with at 17. If either he or Mitchell are on the Board and Bowers has been selected (likely by the Jets), one of those two is likely to be the pick. Both just seem to have more upside than Arnold and DeJean, although they are very solid players.

I think OL for the 1st and even 2nd round pick need to be the picks. The franchise is going as far as Trevor can go. Priority has to protecting him and giving him time to throw and giving lanes for Etienne to run through. If not OL or a top tier WR that falls I agree on Mitchell and Wiggins. Mitchell has got everything you're looking for as far as speed/size/hips/physicality. I'm interested to watch his career coming from Toledo. I've spoken about this on Wiggins in another thread, but I'll reiterate Wiggins did come in immature, but more so missing class/being late to meetings. Dabo has praised his turnaround and buy-in since.  With 4.2 speed probably one of those guys who has never had to work hard to dominate until college. He's not a "me guy" or locker room cancer at all. He was one of the most well liked guys on the team and would have been a captain if he was eligible (have to be SR)

Watching him the last 3 years I've never seen another 6'1+ guy move as well as he can. Not just straight line speed but his ability to get out of breaks is special. He's got elite instincts in coverage as a former WR and is physical despite being thin. He played against big WRs Johnny Wilson (6'7 230), Coleman (6'3 213), Walker (6'2 190), and Xavier Leggett (6'1 220) and dominated. Only 1 PI entire year shadowing opposing teams best WRs. He's from the same area as AJ Terrell and has trained with him for years now and it shows. I've been wrong before and will be again but I'm convinced he can be a Patrick Peterson or Stephon Gilmore type player as far as multi year All Pro player. Easily one of most talented guys I've seen at Clemson but with a lot of room for growth. Just hope he doesn't end up a Colt or Texan

https://youtu.be/OemXUdhxpAE?list=TLPQMD...H2fs53FiFA

The Jaguars couldn't be criticized for taking Fashanu, Fuaga, JPJ or Fautanu in round 1 as all should be very good in the NFL. I'd go cornerback, however, since they kept Robinson, Scherff and Cleveland as well as signing Morse. I believe their starting line is already set for this season. I'd expect them to draft a guard as early as round 3 to replace Scherff after this season as well as a tackle to develop on day 3. While I liked the Darby signing, he gets injured quite a bit and I'm not confident that Brown, Braswell or Hallett will be suitable replacements. In addition to that, the Jaguars will need to deal with a Texans receiving trio of Diggs, Collins and Dell in 2024 and beyond. Wiggins and Mitchell can both be shutdown corners so I'd prefer them over offensive line. I do respect your opinion, however, and appreciate the info. on Wiggins.

(04-07-2024, 01:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Found a nice breakdown of Decamerion here.

If this is the case and the interview really did go well and there is no character concerns and they feel he can put on a little healthy weight without losing his speed and mobility id feel much better about a Wiggins pick.  If we do take him this was likely the case and it would make me feel better.  If what Mia said was true and the interview really didnt go well i doubt we draft him.

(04-07-2024, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 01:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Mitchell has been my favorite cornerback to take at 17. After doing a "deeper dive" into Nate Wiggins, I'd add him to my list of players to strongly consider with the 1st round selection. Wiggins is known to be a huge trash talker, but I have no problem with that as long as he backs it up. While watching a couple of his post-game interviews, he comes across as very respectful and actually somewhat soft-spoken. Mia O'Brien put out something that the Jaguars were not impressed after meeting with him. If anything, that tells me the Jaguars love him and don't want other teams to trade up ahead of 17 to get him. He is only 20 years old and should be able to add some muscle weight to his 173 pound frame. The team needs to research his character like any other player, but if there are no red flags he'd be someone I'd be very happy with at 17. If either he or Mitchell are on the Board and Bowers has been selected (likely by the Jets), one of those two is likely to be the pick. Both just seem to have more upside than Arnold and DeJean, although they are very solid players.
If this is the case and the interview really did go well and there is no character concerns and they feel he can put on a little healthy weight without losing his speed and mobility id feel much better about a Wiggins pick.  If we do take him this was likely the case and it would make me feel better.  If what Mia said was true and the interview really didnt go well i doubt we draft him.

It feels more and more likely to me like he's going to be gone before 17 and might be the first corner off the board.

(04-07-2024, 08:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If this is the case and the interview really did go well and there is no character concerns and they feel he can put on a little healthy weight without losing his speed and mobility id feel much better about a Wiggins pick.  If we do take him this was likely the case and it would make me feel better.  If what Mia said was true and the interview really didnt go well i doubt we draft him.

It feels more and more likely to me like he's going to be gone before 17 and might be the first corner off the board.

I think Mitchell is there first corner taken and the one I really want

Now till the draft writers will report players will be "rising up" and "falling down" the draft boards. Mostly when they do not have anything else to report and a deadline looms. I always find it humorous.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-07-2024, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

The report would be odd given the fact the Jaguars DB coach is the guy who worked out Wiggins at Pro Day. I'm not sure how credible the source is here 

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...0115377263