Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
200 Yard Club

This is an exclusive club, with only 11 members. Only 11 players in Jaguars History have racked up 200 or more TOTAL yards in a single game. (Non-QB)

Only 3 players have done it more than once, which is Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, and Maurice Jones-Drew. 

Jaguars 200 yard club members:

1. Maurice Jones-Drew - 9 games
2. Fred Taylor - 5 games 
3. Jimmy Smith - 2 games 
4. Justin Blackmon - 1 game
5. Leonard Fournette - 1 game
6. Deji Karim - 1 game
7. Reggie Barlow - 1 game
8. Jamal Agnew - 1 game
9. Marqise Lee - 1 game
10. Keenan McCardell - 1 game
11. Mike Thomas - 1 game

*Jones-Drew is currently the only member in the 300 Yard Club.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pocket Hercules was fun to watch here. It's a shame it ended the way it did.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Justin Blackmon. What a waste.

That had to be some piss- poor scouting. How could we not know that he had such a huge problem?

(03-23-2024, 01:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Justin Blackmon.  What a waste.

That had to be some piss- poor scouting.  How could we not know that he had such a huge problem?

Gene Smith is why. It was desperation mode. He had a ton of talent though. I was excited when we drafted him and then I immediately felt sick when he shortly got that DUI arrest that same summer. 

Wife ran out and bought his jersey for me as a surprise for my birthday since the draft usually falls around my birthday. I had it on that same draft weekend. Would love to see another talent like that here, minus the character concerns.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Blackmon done it his rookie year. Not many rookies in history has had a 200 yrds receiving game

Jone-Drew was a fire cracker! I still remember seeing him run into a huge pile of bodies then come out the other side and break away.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

If Justin Blackmon could’ve played for 10 seasons with no off-the-field issues, he probably would’ve retired in Trevor Lawrence’s rookie season. Or maybe even been apart of that 2022 playoff season.

Biggest what ifs in franchise history.

(03-24-2024, 02:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Justin Blackmon could’ve played for 10 seasons with no off-the-field issues, he probably would’ve retired in Trevor Lawrence’s rookie season. Or maybe even been apart of that 2022 playoff season.

Well if he had played this whole time probably wouldn't of been in position to draft Trevor.
No Fun

(03-24-2024, 06:51 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 02:10 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If Justin Blackmon could’ve played for 10 seasons with no off-the-field issues, he probably would’ve retired in Trevor Lawrence’s rookie season. Or maybe even been apart of that 2022 playoff season.

Well if he had played this whole time probably wouldn't of been in position to draft Trevor.

Definitely wouldn't have been. Blackmon was the real deal. He was good straight out of the box. It's a shame his vices got the better of him and ruined his career.

I still remember that Broncos game. Dude had 14 catches for 190 and he took Champ Bailey to school in that game. Granted Champ was at the end of his career, but still.

Just the classic #becausejaguars. We finally hit on a pick and off field issues [BLEEP] us and says nope, you lose again.

(03-24-2024, 08:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 06:51 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Well if he had played this whole time probably wouldn't of been in position to draft Trevor.

Definitely wouldn't have been. Blackmon was the real deal. He was good straight out of the box. It's a shame his vices got the better of him and ruined his career.

I still remember that Broncos game. Dude had 14 catches for 190 and he took Champ Bailey to school in that game. Granted Champ was at the end of his career, but still.

Just the classic #becausejaguars. We finally hit on a pick and off field issues [BLEEP] us and says nope, you lose again.

If I was GM, I'd have anyone I thought might wind up on our radar in the first round in the subsequent draft followed around campus for a week during the college football season.  Especially with rookie deals fully guaranteed now.  I bet had we done something like that with Blackmon we'd have seen all we needed to see.

Surprised Eatin hasn't done it yet

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024, 12:31 PM by Mikey.)

(03-23-2024, 01:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is an exclusive club, with only 11 members. Only 11 players in Jaguars History have racked up 200 or more TOTAL yards in a single game. (Non-QB)

Only 3 players have done it more than once, which is Jimmy Smith, Fred Taylor, and Maurice Jones-Drew. 

2. Fred Taylor - 5 games 
3. Jimmy Smith - 2 games 
6. Deji Karim - 1 game
8. Jamal Agnew - 1 game
9. Marqise Lee - 1 game
11. Mike Thomas - 1 game

Cheapens the list when you add ST yards into the mix.  For example, Barlow's 200 had only 20 scrimmage yards. Karim and Thomas both had 2/3rds of their yards on KR.

It becomes an even more selective (as it should, IMO) list when you take only rushing and receiving yards into consdieration.

(03-24-2024, 06:51 PM)nhiverson Wrote:

...or still been a Jag.

(03-24-2024, 08:44 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-24-2024, 08:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Definitely wouldn't have been. Blackmon was the real deal. He was good straight out of the box. It's a shame his vices got the better of him and ruined his career.

If I was GM, I'd have anyone I thought might wind up on our radar in the first round in the subsequent draft followed around campus for a week during the college football season.  Especially with rookie deals fully guaranteed now.  I bet had we done something like that with Blackmon we'd have seen all we needed to see.

Yes, it's really surprising they didn't know about those off-field issues.  Every team should hire private detectives to find out absolutely everything about the players they might draft.  There's too much at stake.

If you figure there are 53 guys on the Jaguars roster every year since 1995, that means in 29 season there have been approximately 1,537 players that suited up for this franchise, not including the players called up from the practice squad, waived and signed players, free agent acquisitions, etc.

Out of 1537 players, only 11 have gained 200 or more yards in a single game. That’s .007%. Roughly 1 out of every 140 players.

*Jones Drew is the only 300 yard club member because of return yardage. If you take away return yardage, then Jones-Drew would only have 1 game where he gained 200+ yards, which was against Cleveland in 2010.

On an NFL field with the best football players in the world, 200 yards is 200 yards regardless of how the yardage is gained.

If you didn’t include return yards, the list would shrink to 6:

Taylor - 5
Smith - 2
McCardell - 1
Blackmon - 1
Fournette - 1
Jones-Drew - 1

*There would also be no 300 yard club member, because in that game against Indy back in 2006, Jones-Drew had 166 yards rushing and 15 yards receiving with 109 kickoff return yards and 13 punt return yards.

I have to include the special teams players because in 2022, Jamal Agnew was a huge reason the Jaguars beat the Titans to win the division and make the playoffs. Without looking I think he gained 173 all purpose yards and it took every one of those yards to help us win the game. It can be the 200 all purpose yards club in a single game.

(03-25-2024, 09:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you figure there are 53 guys on the Jaguars roster every year since 1995, that means in 29 season there have been approximately 1,537 players that suited up for this franchise, not including the players called up from the practice squad, waived and signed players, free agent acquisitions, etc.

Out of 1537 players, only 11 have gained 200 or more yards in a single game. That’s .007%. Roughly 1 out of every 140 players.

*Jones Drew is the only 300 yard club member because of return yardage. If you take away return yardage, then Jones-Drew would only have 1 game where he gained 200+ yards, which was against Cleveland in 2010.

On an NFL field with the best football players in the world, 200 yards is 200 yards regardless of how the yardage is gained.

Taylor - 5
Smith - 2
McCardell - 1
Blackmon - 1
Fournette - 1
Jones-Drew - 1

*There would also be no 300 yard club member, because in that game against Indy back in 2006, Jones-Drew had 166 yards rushing and 15 yards receiving with 109 kickoff return yards and 13 punt return yards.

I have to include the special teams players because in 2022, Jamal Agnew was a huge reason the Jaguars beat the Titans to win the division and make the playoffs. Without looking I think he gained 173 all purpose yards and it took every one of those yards to help us win the game. It can be the 200 all purpose yards club in a single game.

Sigh, if that 2017 team had Justin Blackmon they probably win it all.

(03-25-2024, 09:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If you figure there are 53 guys on the Jaguars roster every year since 1995, that means in 29 season there have been approximately 1,537 players that suited up for this franchise, not including the players called up from the practice squad, waived and signed players, free agent acquisitions, etc.

Taylor - 5
Smith - 2
McCardell - 1
Blackmon - 1
Fournette - 1
Jones-Drew - 1

Oh honey.

This premise is already flawed from the start. First, you're assuming not only that only 53 players suit up in a season, but also that a different 53 suit up from year to year.

(03-26-2024, 08:31 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Taylor - 5
Smith - 2
McCardell - 1
Blackmon - 1
Fournette - 1
Jones-Drew - 1

Oh honey.

This premise is already flawed from the start. First, you're assuming not only that only 53 players suit up in a season, but also that a different 53 suit up from year to year.

And calculating the percentage of players who have had a 200 yard rushing game and apparently including defenders and offensive linemen in the calculation who, by the nature of their positions, will never get a carry.  What’s the point in that?

(03-23-2024, 01:08 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: This is an exclusive club, with only 11 members. Only 11 players in Jaguars History have racked up 200 or more TOTAL yards in a single game. (Non-QB)

2. Fred Taylor - 5 games 
3. Jimmy Smith - 2 games 
6. Deji Karim - 1 game
8. Jamal Agnew - 1 game
9. Marqise Lee - 1 game
11. Mike Thomas - 1 game

Just another constant reminder that the Jags have the worst winning percentage of all teams in the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA over the past decade.

(03-26-2024, 08:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:31 AM)Mikey Wrote: Oh honey.

And calculating the percentage of players who have had a 200 yard rushing game and apparently including defenders and offensive linemen in the calculation who, by the nature of their positions, will never get a carry.  What’s the point in that?

You never know...former Jag Dan Connolly had a 70-plus yard kick return for TD...just get three of those in a game and you're on the list!

(03-26-2024, 12:09 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: And calculating the percentage of players who have had a 200 yard rushing game and apparently including defenders and offensive linemen in the calculation who, by the nature of their positions, will never get a carry.  What’s the point in that?

You never know...former Jag Dan Connolly had a 70-plus yard kick return for TD...just get three of those in a game and you're on the list!

I know you're being facetious, but it reminds me of another point regarding return yardage.  At least on kickoff returns, the returner is a lot of times getting 20 yards before defenders are in the vicinity which significantly cheapens including return yardage in any comparison or total yardage from scrimmage calculation in my mind.  Punt returns can vary of how much room a returner has to get going before defenders are in the area, but it's usually a lot less than 20.