Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
200 Yard Club

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 01:36 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

*Some of us need to read the entire post before replying.

What’s the point? The point is to document Jaguars history. Another point is to bring these players to the light and acknowledge which players have gained 200 yards in a single-game.

Why do you need to know the point? What’s the point in you knowing the point? I don’t owe you an explanation of what I decide to post. Why did I include all 53 players, also includes defensive players - who wouldn’t otherwise have a chance at gaining 200 yards? Because that’s the way I chopped it up. You can chop it up however you want, I ain’t here to satisfy needs and wants. But to keep it professional, I’ll give you a 3rd answer, sometimes people say things with different views and angles to give others a different perspective. That was my way of putting it in another light, there ain’t no point.

At the pro level, defensive players return kickoffs and punts, they also play on offense at times. Now you gonna let me drive or do I need to get out and let you?

RP - I agree with you about Blackmon in 2017. He would have went up and got that thang instead of letting Gilmore knock it down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2024, 12:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:09 PM)Mikey Wrote: You never know...former Jag Dan Connolly had a 70-plus yard kick return for TD...just get three of those in a game and you're on the list!

I know you're being facetious, but it reminds me of another point regarding return yardage.  At least on kickoff returns, the returner is a lot of times getting 20 yards before defenders are in the vicinity which significantly cheapens including return yardage in any comparison or total yardage from scrimmage calculation in my mind.  Punt returns can vary of how much room a returner has to get going before defenders are in the area, but it's usually a lot less than 20.

Me? Facetious? Why, I never!

I don't even know what that means.

(03-26-2024, 01:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: *Some of us need to read the entire post before replying.

What’s the point? The point is to document Jaguars history. Another point is to bring these players to the light and acknowledge which players have gained 200 yards in a single-game.

Why do you need to know the point? What’s the point in you knowing the point? I don’t owe you an explanation of what I decide to post. Why did I include all 53 players, also includes defensive players - who wouldn’t otherwise have a chance at gaining 200 yards? Because that’s the way I chopped it up. You can chop it up however you want, I ain’t here to satisfy needs and wants. But to keep it professional, I’ll give you a 3rd answer, sometimes people say things with different views and angles to give others a different perspective. That was my way of putting it in another light, there ain’t no point.

At the pro level, defensive players return kickoffs and punts, they also play on offense at times. Now you gonna let me drive or do I need to get out and let you?

RP - I agree with you about Blackmon in 2017. He would have went up and got that thang instead of letting Gilmore knock it down.

The bigger point, though, is the stats you are trying to state - namely, that a player has a .007% chance of having a 200-yard game, is severely flawed, if not outright inaccurate.

This would be like me saying .007% of people in the medical field have successfully performed open heart surgery. Why would I include nurses, administration, proctologists, and their like in my sample?

It's rare, yes, as it should be. But throwing bad data into the mix only makes the analysis bad. It's a severely daunting task to go back and review the historical rosters year by year to count the distinct players we've fielded - I gave it a glance just to see if it could be done - and unless you're on the team payroll, it's probably not worth the effort to properly analyze the true proportion of offensive skill positions and special teamers to determine a realistic percentage of frequency.

Keep driving, bud. But if you're driving west trying to get to Miami, don't be surprised when folks in the backseat start questioning your sense of direction.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 05:04 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-27-2024, 08:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 01:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: *Some of us need to read the entire post before replying.

The bigger point, though, is the stats you are trying to state - namely, that a player has a .007% chance of having a 200-yard game, is severely flawed, if not outright inaccurate.

This would be like me saying .007% of people in the medical field have successfully performed open heart surgery. Why would I include nurses, administration, proctologists, and their like in my sample?

It's rare, yes, as it should be. But throwing bad data into the mix only makes the analysis bad. It's a severely daunting task to go back and review the historical rosters year by year to count the distinct players we've fielded - I gave it a glance just to see if it could be done - and unless you're on the team payroll, it's probably not worth the effort to properly analyze the true proportion of offensive skill positions and special teamers to determine a realistic percentage of frequency.

Keep driving, bud. But if you're driving west trying to get to Miami, don't be surprised when folks in the backseat start questioning your sense of direction.

Just driving in a huge field, cutting donuts and having a big time. 

And yes, putting stats together is a severely daunting task. I put about 2 hours per day…..ahh…I better not get into all that. I’m not allowed, yet.

Marqise Lee, have not thought about him in a while. Guy just couldn't catch a break. Probably the only receiver we have had that finished a season with a QBR of 100.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2024, 10:08 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Marqise Lee, have not thought about him in a while. Guy just couldn't catch a break.  Probably the only receiver we have had that finished a season with a QBR of 100.

The albino tiger was fun guy to root for. He would be great out there with T-Law.

(04-17-2024, 02:24 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 10:08 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Marqise Lee, have not thought about him in a while. Guy just couldn't catch a break.  Probably the only receiver we have had that finished a season with a QBR of 100.

The albino tiger was fun guy to root for. He would be great out there with T-Law.

It's early in the season, we have plenty of room on IR to fit him in.