Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Sleepers

Who are your sleepers this year? I'll start with a few of mine, at each position:

Offense:
QB - Spencer Rattler
RB - Bucky Irving Jr.
FB - Joe Evans
TE - Jared Wiley 
WR - Javon Baker
OT - Javon Foster
OG - Javion Cohen
C - Matt Lee

Defense:
EDGE - Javon Solomon
DT - Gabe Hall
ILB - Omar Speights 
OLB - James Williams 
CB - Cam Hart
S - Cole Bishop
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Malik Washington - WR, could be an elite slot receiver.
Zak Zinter - G, seen as the 3rd man in Michigan's interior oline behind Keegan and Nugent. Big and strong but lacks elite athleticism. He'll be a great gritty run blocker.
Theo Johnson - TE, enormous mountain of a tight end, blocker first but his height and long arms make him a deep, jump, and red zone target.
Will Shipley - RB, He'll be a great 3rd down and gadget back. Doesn't have the 5th gear but he gets to his more than adequate top speed immediately. Great hands but slight build will make pass pro difficult.
Evan Anderson - DT, I like this guy as a nose in the mold of Ted Washington. Could play effectively at 345lbs and be the rock of a stout 34 scheme.
Bralen Trice - Edge, I only put him here because he's mocking all over the place the first 3 rounds. He's a stand up rush end who plays at 275lbs. Not a bendy guy but non-stop motor every play, if he can turn his pressures and disruptions into sacks and tackles he could be a steal.
Harrison Mevis - K, In true Jags fashion we enter the season looking for a kicker. Mevis has stats that made me look into him. He's 5'11" tall and weighs in a 243 pounds. Yep, he's 40 pounds overweight for his job, so I found a hero and role model for all you degenerates here on the message board.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-29-2024, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Malik Washington - WR, could be an elite slot receiver.

Zak Zinter - G, seen as the 3rd man in Michigan's interior oline behind Keegan and Nugent. Big and strong but lacks elite athleticism. He'll be a great gritty run blocker.

Theo Johnson - TE, enormous mountain of a tight end, blocker first but his height and long arms make him a deep, jump, and red zone target.

Will Shipley - RB, He'll be a great 3rd down and gadget back. Doesn't have the 5th gear but he gets to his more than adequate top speed immediately. Great hands but slight build will make pass pro difficult.

Evan Anderson - DT, I like this guy as a nose in the mold of Ted Washington. Could play effectively at 345lbs and be the rock of a stout 34 scheme.

Bralen Trice - Edge, I only put him here because he's mocking all over the place the first 3 rounds. He's a stand up rush end who plays at 275lbs. Not a bendy guy but non-stop motor every play, if he can turn his pressures and disruptions into sacks and tackles he could be a steal.

Harrison Mevis - K, In true Jags fashion we enter the season looking for a kicker. Mevis has stats that made me look into him. He's 5'11" tall and weighs in a 243 pounds. Yep, he's 40 pounds overweight for his job, so I found a hero and role model for all you degenerates here on the message board.

I like Shipley. Plays tough. Saw him get lit up a good bit at Clemson last year and hung out to dry a few times but he would still work through it and stay productive. 

I like Trice. Good production over the last two years. People overlook him and a few other players on that Washington defense because the offense was scoring a ton and his teammates over there on that side of the football will more than likely take up three of the first thirty-two selections in the opening night of the draft. 

Had no idea about Johnson until I saw his big [BLEEP] running around at the combine. LOL. Even the local guys were upset about how good he performed. We picked the wrong year to draft a Penn St. TE. He looked like a new age Kyle Brady running around out there. Brady had about 20 pounds on him though.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-29-2024, 03:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Malik Washington - WR, could be an elite slot receiver.

I like Shipley. Plays tough. Saw him get lit up a good bit at Clemson last year and hung out to dry a few times but he would still work through it and stay productive. 

I like Trice. Good production over the last two years. People overlook him and a few other players on that Washington defense because the offense was scoring a ton and his teammates over there on that side of the football will more than likely take up three of the first thirty-two selections in the opening night of the draft. 

Had no idea about Johnson until I saw his big [BLEEP] running around at the combine. LOL. Even the local guys were upset about how good he performed. We picked the wrong year to draft a Penn St. TE. He looked like a new age Kyle Brady running around out there. Brady had about 20 pounds on him though.

Johnson would have the number 1 ras All Time if it wasn't for the shuttle, hes now 2nd All Time.  He will likely go in the 2nd round.  But yeah, would much rather Johnson than Strange.

(03-29-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 03:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Shipley. Plays tough. Saw him get lit up a good bit at Clemson last year and hung out to dry a few times but he would still work through it and stay productive. 

Johnson would have the number 1 ras All Time if it wasn't for the shuttle, hes now 2nd All Time.  He will likely go in the 2nd round.  But yeah, would much rather Johnson than Strange.

He's a freak for sure. Depending on where he ends up he could be underutilized or a potential menace. Teams like Baltimore, San Francisco & Cincinnati could make due with him.

(03-29-2024, 06:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Johnson would have the number 1 ras All Time if it wasn't for the shuttle, hes now 2nd All Time.  He will likely go in the 2nd round.  But yeah, would much rather Johnson than Strange.

He's a freak for sure. Depending on where he ends up he could be underutilized or a potential menace. Teams like Baltimore, San Francisco & Cincinnati could make due with him.

I could see the Chiefs drafting him for Kelce's eventual replacement.

I like the 3 bolded for the 6/7th rounds.  I would add maybe we should look at Frank Gore Jr. out of respect for what his dad did for us.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-31-2024, 02:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

I like the 3 bolded for the 6/7th rounds.  I would add maybe we should look at Frank Gore Jr. out of respect for what his dad did for us.

Gore Jr. actually looks good in highlights to me despite his relatively low grade.  I see a significant role somewhere in the league in his future.  

Actually, despite the consensus "meh" regarding this RB class, I see several guys I like that should find significant roles in the league.  I'm not seeing "meh", there's just no Barkley or Bijan at the top is all.  I think the class is somewhat deep in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2024, 08:11 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

I got one for you Cal, Elijah Collins. Bro is smoof wit it, running back. Check him out. Not a position of need but he seems extremely fluid.

Over on defense I’d have to say Beanie Bishop, CB

Tennessee QB Joe Milton is one I'd be interested in late. All the physical tools.

(03-31-2024, 08:35 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Tennessee QB Joe Milton is one I'd be interested in late.  All the physical tools.

I'm happy with our current qb backups

I'd be Interested in a kicker late rather then a qb

(03-29-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 03:16 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Shipley. Plays tough. Saw him get lit up a good bit at Clemson last year and hung out to dry a few times but he would still work through it and stay productive. 

Idk if you meant to do it for comedic effect but you saying you'd much rather have Johnson than strange is quite hilarious.

(04-01-2024, 05:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 05:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Johnson would have the number 1 ras All Time if it wasn't for the shuttle, hes now 2nd All Time.  He will likely go in the 2nd round.  But yeah, would much rather Johnson than Strange.

Idk if you meant to do it for comedic effect but you saying you'd much rather have Johnson than strange is quite hilarious.

lol good catch there.

(04-01-2024, 05:08 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

He should of saw that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 09:23 AM by Mikey.)

(03-29-2024, 01:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Who are your sleepers this year? I'll start with a few of mine, at each position:

Offense:
QB - Spencer Rattler
RB - Bucky Irving Jr.
FB - Joe Evans
TE - Jared Wiley 
WR - Javon Baker
OT - Javon Foster
OG - Javion Cohen
C - Matt Lee

Defense:
EDGE - Javon Solomon
DT - Gabe Hall
ILB - Omar Speights 
OLB - James Williams 
CB - Cam Hart
S - Cole Bishop

Speights and Hall are two I gravitate toward in late rounds of my sims.

Good list, not sure I could do better.

(03-31-2024, 02:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Zinter should be gone by the 4th. If he's not I say trade into the first pick of the fifth and cackle like a supervillain

(03-31-2024, 08:35 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Tennessee QB Joe Milton is one I'd be interested in late.  All the physical tools.

After we traded for Mac I think it's safe to say QB is off the board for us.

(04-01-2024, 09:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 02:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I like the 3 bolded for the 6/7th rounds.  I would add maybe we should look at Frank Gore Jr. out of respect for what his dad did for us.

Zinter should be gone by the 4th. If he's not I say trade into the first pick of the fifth and cackle like a supervillain

Yea, is possible but how he recovers from his leg injury/surgery is everything. That said our GM has a propensity for these type players.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/m...r-AA1kyppY
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024, 12:49 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-31-2024, 08:09 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I got one for you Cal, Elijah Collins. Bro is smoof wit it, running back. Check him out. Not a position of need but he seems extremely fluid.

Over on defense I’d have to say Beanie Bishop, CB

Collins is interesting. Six years in college is a long time though. From what I can see he was pretty good back in 2019. Not sure if he's had a bunch of injuries or not but from his highlights he reminds me a little bit of James Robinson.

(04-01-2024, 09:19 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 01:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Who are your sleepers this year? I'll start with a few of mine, at each position:

Offense:
QB - Spencer Rattler
RB - Bucky Irving Jr.
FB - Joe Evans
TE - Jared Wiley 
WR - Javon Baker
OT - Javon Foster
OG - Javion Cohen
C - Matt Lee

Defense:
EDGE - Javon Solomon
DT - Gabe Hall
ILB - Omar Speights 
OLB - James Williams 
CB - Cam Hart
S - Cole Bishop

Speights and Hall are two I gravitate toward in late rounds of my sims.

Good list, not sure I could do better.

(03-31-2024, 02:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I like the 3 bolded for the 6/7th rounds.  I would add maybe we should look at Frank Gore Jr. out of respect for what his dad did for us.

After we traded for Mac I think it's safe to say QB is off the board for us.

Speights by all accounts has been a tackling machine for LSU and Gabe Hall I really like as well due to his versatility. At 6'6, 291 pounds, similar size to Arik Armstead. Would be a nice day three selection and somebody you could develop to potentially push guys like Lacy and RHH. 

QB is off the board after they traded for Mac Jones. Agreed there. Milton was on my radar though. Cannon for an arm. Just a little stiff in the pocket so there will be adjustments at the next level but you cannot coach that arm strength. That's a gift. I still think Hartman and Rattler are being slept on a little bit.

Hunter Nourzad - C

I think he can push Morse early and eventually replace him at center. Morse is a stop geap and we need to have plans for the future at the position.

Not sure the definition of sleeper but here are a few guys that arent really talked about much but I woule love to get. Not gonna name any of the guys we have met with..

Johah Ellis. He is one of my top guys at 48. Ive been high on him for a while now and I just seen he posted a 6.69 3 cone. That would beat out Bruce Irvin for the fastest ever for a DE. Thats an insane 3 cone. Ellis is very athletic and also has very good production, had 12 sacks this past year. Kneeland and Ellis are the top 2 edges I want in this draft if we dont get one in the first.

Dwight McGlothern. He had the 2nd highest pff corner grade in the draft behind Mitchell and ran a 4.4 in the draft. He is a lighter corner but is 6'2 and if you could get him in the 5th I think he has starting potential on the outsitde

Tanner Bortilini. I think he would be a perfect C to draft to learn under Morse for a year or 2 to be our future there. The most athletic center in the draft and was putting up combine numbers like Jason Kelce who was a 6th round pick and a future HOF

Kris Jenkins. Not sure if hes a sleeper but nobody really talks about him and i think he is a 1st round talent that could possibly be there at 48.

Malik Washington. I dont consider him a sleeper thought when you just had over 1400 yards and 9 TDs

https://twitter.com/MoeMoton/status/1780...RbIlQ&s=19

While I don't think Penix is a sleeper. This is some good points from Baldy on him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk