Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 - NFL Draft - Sleepers

(04-19-2024, 08:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoeMoton/status/1780...RbIlQ&s=19

While I don't think Penix is a sleeper. This is some good points from Baldy on him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

No I've seen a few mocks with him going in the 1st lately.  MJD's had him going 6th overall.  He's not a sleeper.  When Simms interviewed Bo Nix at the combine and said to him he had Bo just behind Caleb and Jayden or something to that effect.  I was reviewing QBs at that time and I liked Penix better than Nix.  Nix's footwork is awful.  He's just running around a lot of times playing backyard ball and also throws a lot of screens, but even when he wasn't running around he would still not step into throws a lot of times.  

Penix throws downfield a lot and does so accurately.  His receiving corp was top notch, but not to the extent to overshadow his contributions in my mind.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2024, 08:45 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 08:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/MoeMoton/status/1780...RbIlQ&s=19

While I don't think Penix is a sleeper. This is some good points from Baldy on him.

No I've seen a few mocks with him going in the 1st lately.  MJD's had him going 6th overall.  He's not a sleeper.  When Simms interviewed Bo Nix at the combine and said to him he had Bo just behind Caleb and Jayden or something to that effect.  I was reviewing QBs at that time and I liked Penix better than Nix.  Nix's footwork is awful.  He's just running around a lot of times playing backyard ball and also throws a lot of screens, but even when he wasn't running around he would still not step into throws a lot of times.  

Penix throws downfield a lot and does so accurately.  His receiving corp was top notch, but not to the extent to overshadow his contributions in my mind.
Yeah. I think he'll be a Raider at the minimum on Thursday. I like his arm talent. Elevated a lot of the receivers around him this past season especially.

I also don't get the Bo Nix hype. He's an old senior. Did a lot of short stuff at Oregon. A lot of option stuff. I just don't think he'll transition very well at the next level.

Spencer Rattler is being slept on though from this class.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 02:54 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2024, 02:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 08:45 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: No I've seen a few mocks with him going in the 1st lately.  MJD's had him going 6th overall.  He's not a sleeper.  When Simms interviewed Bo Nix at the combine and said to him he had Bo just behind Caleb and Jayden or something to that effect.  I was reviewing QBs at that time and I liked Penix better than Nix.  Nix's footwork is awful.  He's just running around a lot of times playing backyard ball and also throws a lot of screens, but even when he wasn't running around he would still not step into throws a lot of times.  

Yeah. I think he'll be a Raider at the minimum on Thursday. I like his arm talent. Elevated a lot of the receivers around him this past season especially.

I also don't get the Bo Nix hype. He's an old senior. Did a lot of short stuff at Oregon. A lot of option stuff. I just don't think he'll transition very well at the next level.

Spencer Rattler is being slept on though from this class. 

Agreed on Rattler.  He actually had a top 30 visit here which is a little odd. I'm thinking they asked him a few questions about Leggete and the main reason they brought him here.  Did you see the video yesterday on Arnold when he was on NFL network and talking to Bucky Brooks?