Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prospect Primer: Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

I was just talking about Nate here the other day. I like him much more than Arnold, that many of you are drooling over. 

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2024, 01:45 PM)PackersNation Wrote: I was just talking about Nate here the other day. I like him much more than Arnold, that many of you are drooling over. 

I don't recall a single poster here "drooling" over Arnold.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2024, 02:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 01:45 PM)PackersNation Wrote: I was just talking about Nate here the other day. I like him much more than Arnold, that many of you are drooling over. 

I don't recall a single poster here "drooling" over Arnold.

K, every one here thinks Arnold is overrated like I do I guess. I don't see the Packers going CB at 25, but if they think about it, Wiggins will be in Green and Gold this season.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(04-01-2024, 03:14 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 02:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't recall a single poster here "drooling" over Arnold.

K, every one here thinks Arnold is overrated like I do I guess. I don't see the Packers going CB at 25, but if they think about it, Wiggins will be in Green and Gold this season.

I'm kinda ambivalent about the CB class because I don't want any of them at #17. This team needs big men more than little ones in this draft. Most posters here are along the same lines except those that want a #1 WR type pick.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-01-2024, 03:14 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 02:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't recall a single poster here "drooling" over Arnold.

So everyone is either "drooling" over a prospect or "thinks he's overrated"

LOL

You know it is OK to talk about football without hyperbolizing everything, right? 

I guess it is very convenient that your preference of these two corners is the one the majority of national pundits feel might actually have a chance to be available when the pyackers are on the board. 

Aren't most of the draftniks predicting Arnold to be selected between 12-20?

(04-01-2024, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 03:14 PM)PackersNation Wrote: K, every one here thinks Arnold is overrated like I do I guess. I don't see the Packers going CB at 25, but if they think about it, Wiggins will be in Green and Gold this season.

Aren't most of the draftniks predicting Arnold to be selected between 12-20?
I honestly don't pay a great deal of attention to "draftniks."

I just know both Wiggins and Arnold are projected first rounders. I really don't care about Wiggins draft position. As I said, I don't see the Packers going CB at 25.

I did watch a bunch of All 22 film on both Wiggins and Arnold, and came away much more impressed with Wiggins.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

I don't like that Nate hurt himself running sprints. He may be great in coverage, but if he spends half the season nursing soft tissue injuries, we already got one of those.

(04-01-2024, 03:41 PM)PackersNation Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 03:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Aren't most of the draftniks predicting Arnold to be selected between 12-20?
I honestly don't pay a great deal of attention to "draftniks."

I just know both Wiggins and Arnold are projected first rounders. I really don't care about Wiggins draft position. As I said, I don't see the Packers going CB at 25.

I did watch a bunch of All 22 film on both Wiggins and Arnold, and came away much more impressed with Wiggins.
  • Starts a thread about a CB prospect 
  • claims to have watched a bunch of film on two of them
  • But doesn't "pay attention" and "doesn't care" 

OK

(04-02-2024, 11:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 03:41 PM)PackersNation Wrote: I honestly don't pay a great deal of attention to "draftniks."

• Starts a thread about a CB prospect 
  • claims to have watched a bunch of film on two of them
  • But doesn't "pay attention" and "doesn't care" 

OK

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952w8hnjh3ffqi0rhx0ssb...w.gif&ct=g]

Isn't this the guy who was spouting about earth being flat or moon landing fake in his interview ?

(04-02-2024, 06:21 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Isn't this the guy who was spouting about earth  being flat or moon landing fake in his interview ?

That would be Texas Tech safety Tyler Owens.

He should be off every darft board, unless it was a gimmick. Remember how Clinton Portis handled post-game pressers? That was fun.

This kid is just...concerning.

(04-02-2024, 06:21 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Isn't this the guy who was spouting about earth being flat or moon landing fake in his interview ?

You really think I would start a thread about a flat earther? Yes, being a flat earther would take you completely off my draft board.

Back to Wiggins, I feel he will have the best career of the CBs taken in this draft.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

His interviews reminded me of CJ Henderson. I wonder if there is some mental things going on there?

If we do draft Wiggins my hope is we can fix and make him a good and willing tackler and during his interviews he was just very nervous.

(04-05-2024, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we do draft Wiggins my hope is we can fix and make him a good and willing tackler and during his interviews he was just very nervous.

I've seen a lot worse.  Quentin Johnston last year was a bad interview though it's hard to find the ones I was looking at last year now as a lot of Charger interviews come up in search and I don't feel like digging deeper on it.  

Although, with many interviews and highlights, sometimes I'll watch the same interview or highlight reel a second time days later and come away with a completely different opinion.

(04-05-2024, 08:31 AM)PackersNation Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 06:21 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Isn't this the guy who was spouting about earth  being flat or moon landing fake in his interview ?

You really think I would start a thread about a flat earther? Yes, being a flat earther would take you completely off my draft board.

Back to Wiggins, I feel he will have the best career of the CBs taken in this draft.

That's a bold claim, I'll be interested to see if you stick around once the season starts and beyond...it will take time to say whether he is or not, of course.

(04-05-2024, 04:48 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 08:31 AM)PackersNation Wrote: You really think I would start a thread about a flat earther? Yes, being a flat earther would take you completely off my draft board.

That's a bold claim, I'll be interested to see if you stick around once the season starts and beyond...it will take time to say whether he is or not, of course.

Stick around? I do have a busy life, but yes, this is one place I stop when I have a few mins to kill, like now. Getting my vehicle detailed.

I'm not worried about Wiggins having just the best rookie year. I do think he will have the best career for a CB in this class. Yes, it takes "time" to judge a players career, but I can almost guarantee that Wiggins will be in the NFL longer than Kool-Aid. I think Kool-Aid will last until the 2nd round. Don't see him being drafted night one.
OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

(04-05-2024, 10:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we do draft Wiggins my hope is we can fix and make him a good and willing tackler and during his interviews he was just very nervous.

How would you know he was nervous during his interviews with teams? Those interviews are private and not made public. No media has access to those interviews.

(04-09-2024, 09:59 AM)NFLfandom Wrote:

How would you know he was nervous during his interviews with teams? Those interviews are private and not made public. No media has access to those interviews.

I don't know if he was nervous.  I'm going off one of the Jags reporters said our interview with Wiggins didn't go well.  It could be smoke but if not, I'm hoping he was just nervous and maybe doesn't interview well.

I say go guard or a big man if the value is there and cb in round two. Obviously everything depends on how the draft board falls though. Cannot reach totally for a position.