Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up to Pick 12

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 08:33 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Did I just see this come across? I got a NFL app notification but can’t seem to find anything else on it.

False alarm. I got duped by a clickbait Mock Draft headline
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nyet

It’ll be 8 with the Falcons for Odunze

We trade back 3x to get another 4th and 2 6th round picks to select someone random

(04-11-2024, 09:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’ll be 8 with the Falcons for Odunze

Reggie Williams 2.0. Slow, physical WR from Washington.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 09:06 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-12-2024, 08:24 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

You legit don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.

Odunze is a route runner, ball winner and ran a 4.45. Reggie Williams ran a 4.56. The only similarity they have is they went to Washington.

Odunze has a 9.92 RAS vs Reggie who had an 8.21. Stop being lazy with comparisons.

I don't like the idea of trading up, the roster is still too weak to sacrifice multiple players for a single one. I'd rather move down 5 spots to add an additional 2nd or 3rd pick on Friday than trade our current picks away to jump up. We need several of the good players we can get on Day 2 instead of cashing them in for a single guy higher up the draft board IMO.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 10:11 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-12-2024, 08:24 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Are you kidding.  Reggie Williams used to catch the ball with his arms (like a basket).  Odunze has great hands and highpoints the football.  Kind of reminds we of a smaller Mike Evans with better jumping ability.

It appears there are scouting comps to Davonte Adams and Allen Robinson.  Robinson perhaps could have been better had he not suffered the stress fracture --- for a person lacking speed to begin with, this was a huge setback which I don't think he fully recovered from (regaining the moderate speed he had)

This is what you seen. I'd do it for a 3rd but not a 2nd

https://www.nfl.com/news/gennaro-filice-...to-round-1

Plus, the Jags are not going to trade up 5 places this far in advance of Draft Day. I mean, they'd have to know they player(s) they are targeting would be available which is an unknown when only trading up to #12.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 10:14 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'd trade up for Odunze, Bowers, or Mitchell. Not counting Alt or MHJ because it would cost way to much. Oduze and Bowers you will need to trade up to 8 or 9 and will cost to much so pass on that as well. Mitchell is the one guy that could fall to the teens I could see us trading up for and not having to give up our 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM by Cleatwood.)

(04-12-2024, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't like the idea of trading up, the roster is still too weak to sacrifice multiple players for a single one. I'd rather move down 5 spots to add an additional 2nd or 3rd pick on Friday than trade our current picks away to jump up. We need several of the good players we can get on Day 2 instead of cashing them in for a single guy higher up the draft board IMO.
And have Baalke mess up even more 2nd and 3rd rounders? Pass.

Odunze is a stud. It allows the Jags to get a day 1 guy on the outside. MHJ is the only other guy you could plug in day 1 and they would command targets. Nabers is tricky because he may be a vertical slot but I like him a lot and would be fine with him. If they trade up and have to give up 48, I would be fine with:

1. Odunze
3. Renardo Greene Khyree Jackson or BA CB
4. IOL

This is just how I personally see it. No IOL player drafted in round 1 is going to start. The OL is set and I know we need to plan for the future but they also need a player in round 1 that will start.

(04-12-2024, 10:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 08:24 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Reggie Williams 2.0. Slow, physical WR from Washington.

Are you kidding.  Reggie Williams used to catch the ball with his arms (like a basket).  Odunze has great hands and highpoints the football.  Kind of reminds we of a smaller Mike Evans with better jumping ability.

It appears there are scouting comps to Davonte Adams and Allen Robinson.  Robinson perhaps could have been better had he not suffered the stress fracture --- for a person lacking speed to begin with, this was a huge setback which I don't think he fully recovered from (regaining the moderate speed he had)
I see a lot of Adams in his game.

(04-12-2024, 10:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't like the idea of trading up, the roster is still too weak to sacrifice multiple players for a single one. I'd rather move down 5 spots to add an additional 2nd or 3rd pick on Friday than trade our current picks away to jump up. We need several of the good players we can get on Day 2 instead of cashing them in for a single guy higher up the draft board IMO.

Odunze is a stud. It allows the Jags to get a day 1 guy on the outside. MHJ is the only other guy you could plug in day 1 and they would command targets. Nabers is tricky because he may be a vertical slot but I like him a lot and would be fine with him. If they trade up and have to give up 48, I would be fine with:

1. Odunze
4. IOL

This is just how I personally see it. No IOL player drafted in round 1 is going to start. The OL is set and I know we need to plan for the future but they also need a player in round 1 that will start.

(04-12-2024, 10:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Are you kidding.  Reggie Williams used to catch the ball with his arms (like a basket).  Odunze has great hands and highpoints the football.  Kind of reminds we of a smaller Mike Evans with better jumping ability.

The offensive line has 2 guys on their last year and two more who are +32 years old, that doesn't feel set. The defensive line likely needs the starter as our free agent is 30 and missed about 6 games a year the last two seasons after several injury shortened seasons early in his career. Yeah, I don't like how Baalke drafts all that much either, but I just don't see the offensive skill positions as needing investment right now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

No receivers please. Dline or Oline.

(04-12-2024, 11:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 10:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And have Baalke mess up even more 2nd and 3rd rounders? Pass.

1. Odunze
4. IOL

The offensive line has 2 guys on their last year and two more who are +32 years old, that doesn't feel set. The defensive line likely needs the starter as our free agent is 30 and missed about 6 games a year the last two seasons after several injury shortened seasons early in his career. Yeah, I don't like how Baalke drafts all that much either, but I just don't see the offensive skill positions as needing investment right now.
By set I meant "set for this season". I 100% agree that the Jags need to continue to bolster the Oline. And I'm not advocating trading up just for some WR. These top 3 guys this year are very special and all very easily could be the #1 WRs in many classes. The Jags have a lot of money tied up in WRs and they need to get younger and faster there. They have zero young talent at WR on this roster. Not sure there is another position you could say that about on this team except DT.

(04-12-2024, 10:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

1. Odunze
4. IOL

This darft will bite you in the rear as soon as Morse or Scherff go down with injury. We aren't a WR away from a title run, and if Odunze doesn't unlock some next level in TLaw, you're paying a steep price for the same old offense and a heap of holes as guys get older and expensiver.

I'd happily slide back a handful or so of spots and give Baalke three shots in the top 50-65 or so to find a win(s) than to gamble it all on one and leave us with the same gaping weaknesses going into the NEXT darft, too. Oh but this time, if 16 gets his bag we won't be able to count on FA to bail us out.

watch the jags draft a qb with thier first  pick in 2024. it wouldn't surpise me if they did.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-12-2024, 09:11 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: watch the jags draft a qb with thier first  pick in 2024. it wouldn't surpise me if they did.

Just stop posting until you can say something sensible.  OK?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-12-2024, 09:11 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: watch the jags draft a qb with thier first  pick in 2024. it wouldn't surpise me if they did.

it wouldn't?

Know I want them to, just so you can prove yourself wrong. You overreact, it's kinda your thing.

But yeah, what Rico said.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 02:51 PM by Caldrac.)

Same. I don't understand this belief or sentiment anytime I see it. With trading up. We're not one player away from running the table. Still have to figure out how to balance the offense out. Still have to see how this defense works with a new system installed.

The best way to ensure all of that happens is by adding quality players that offer immediate starting potential and depth at the very minimum.

We have two areas of weakness this off season, and this class just so happens to offer enough depth as a class at IOL and IDL to where we should be able to shore these areas up if handled correctly. With 17, 48, 96, 114 & 116. They should be able to make a few things happen.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."