Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up to Pick 12

(04-16-2024, 11:02 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 10:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: We are all in agreement that the Jags need to build a wall around Trevor. However, no rookie lineman will start this season. Their starting 5 is set so it's just another rookie drafted that won't see playing time (ala Strange, Bigsby, Ventrell) in year 1. Now we all want depth (that's obvious) but for me, I don't draft depth in round 1. That player needs to make an immediate impact.

A rookie WR however will 100% start over Zay. Odunze, Davis and Kirk perfectly compliment each other.

I'm just going in reverse order of what some want to do with this draft. I'm going up for Odunze (the only player I really want to trade up for). Then I'm taking CB and OL the entire rest of the draft. Then in 2025, I'm hammering OL again. 

My trade up has more to do with Odunze than it does just wanting a WR. If it's not Odunze or MHJ, I'm staying at 17 and probably taking a corner then WR in round 2.

There's a distinct possibility Scherff's replacement is drafted in a couple of weeks.  Scherff's current restructured deal has him making about $10M this year at age 33 with only void years left following this one. He may very well start the season, but I expect someone to be on the roster to replace him by next year if not at some point this upcoming season.  It seems very much like a potential pass the torch type of deal to me.  He'd be fantastic as depth if we indeed do find a replacement in this draft that is able to outperform him by some point in the season.  Given his exhausted looking posture in games last season, I think it may wind up being foolish if we don't draft his replacement this year.

Also, if we go Tackle in the 1st, as I've said before, I'd ideally like to see Cam shipped immediately for another pick in this year's draft if we can swing such a deal for a high 4th or thereabouts. I'd be ecstatic with such a turn of events.

I see two potential opportunities for changes along the starting o-line this year, so I'd hesitate at this point to call it set.

JPJ to replace Scherff at RG this year and eventually take over at C would be dope, ideally in a trade back scenario.

I think it's just as likely that if we go OT early that we ship Little off and let the rook be the backup/starter in waiting. Cam's got enough injury history for us to assume that at some point the newb will be called into the fold.

Some folks might not want Cam at his price tag, unless they plan to stretch the deal out over a few more years. Little is cheap, capable, and certainly has upside if a team wants to put effort into coaching. We can save Cam for this season, then let him walk at season's end.

My fear of trading up is that instead of picks this year, it costs us early picks next year. I want to start stockpiling, we are going to have to gather a bunch of talented youth to replace the aging and expensive, and that's at all sorts of positions, not just the line or WR.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2024, 12:32 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 11:02 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: There's a distinct possibility Scherff's replacement is drafted in a couple of weeks.  Scherff's current restructured deal has him making about $10M this year at age 33 with only void years left following this one. He may very well start the season, but I expect someone to be on the roster to replace him by next year if not at some point this upcoming season.  It seems very much like a potential pass the torch type of deal to me.  He'd be fantastic as depth if we indeed do find a replacement in this draft that is able to outperform him by some point in the season.  Given his exhausted looking posture in games last season, I think it may wind up being foolish if we don't draft his replacement this year.

Also, if we go Tackle in the 1st, as I've said before, I'd ideally like to see Cam shipped immediately for another pick in this year's draft if we can swing such a deal for a high 4th or thereabouts. I'd be ecstatic with such a turn of events.

I see two potential opportunities for changes along the starting o-line this year, so I'd hesitate at this point to call it set.

JPJ to replace Scherff at RG this year and eventually take over at C would be dope, ideally in a trade back scenario.

I think it's just as likely that if we go OT early that we ship Little off and let the rook be the backup/starter in waiting. Cam's got enough injury history for us to assume that at some point the newb will be called into the fold.

Some folks might not want Cam at his price tag, unless they plan to stretch the deal out over a few more years. Little is cheap, capable, and certainly has upside if a team wants to put effort into coaching. We can save Cam for this season, then let him walk at season's end.

My fear of trading up is that instead of picks this year, it costs us early picks next year. I want to start stockpiling, we are going to have to gather a bunch of talented youth to replace the aging and expensive, and that's at all sorts of positions, not just the line or WR.

Yeah, ideally if "take Tackle at 17 and ship Cam for additional 2024 pick" is a conversation being had in the building, you probably have preliminary talks leading up to the draft with some Tackle needy teams that also hold a pick in this draft that you are interested in.  I think any team trading for him would be extending him if only to reduce his cap hit this year.

Little could hypothetically be the one if there is one to be traded.  Though, Little probably also has more value to us so the team's preference should be to deal Cam over Little because of age, injury, PEDs and cap space considerations.  If said team wants Little and not Cam and our intention otherwise is to re-sign Little, it better be for a decent 3rd or better in this draft.

(04-16-2024, 12:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 12:32 PM)Mikey Wrote: I think it's just as likely that if we go OT early that we ship Little off and let the rook be the backup/starter in waiting. Cam's got enough injury history for us to assume that at some point the newb will be called into the fold.

Yeah, ideally if "take Tackle at 17 and ship Cam for additional 2024 pick" is a conversation being had in the building, you probably have preliminary talks leading up to the draft with some Tackle needy teams that also hold a pick in this draft that you are interested in.  I think any team trading for him would be extending him if only to reduce his cap hit this year.

Little could hypothetically be the one if there is one to be traded.  Though, Little probably also has more value to us so the team's preference should be to deal Cam over Little because of age, injury, PEDs and cap space considerations.  If said team wants Little and not Cam and our intention otherwise is to re-sign Little, it better be for a decent 3rd or better in this draft.

If we went tackle early I could see them looking to acquire a pick in the early to mid 3rd round. We have #48 but have to wait till #96 to pick again. They would need to have the same confidence with the pick as last year with Harrison.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 02:27 PM by Caldrac.)

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...r7OKw&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...TUrEA&s=19

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 02:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I still think we trade up for Mitchell at 13 or 14

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 02:41 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If Mitchell is our top corner I think we have to jump the Colts. He's my top corner and I think will be an All Pro

(04-18-2024, 02:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...r7OKw&s=19

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...TUrEA&s=19

To me, that's saying this year's 2nd and next year's 1st are not in consideration to be dealt to move up which I'm happy about.

(04-18-2024, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Mitchell is our top corner I think we have to jump the Colts.  He's my top corner and I think will be an All Pro

Yeah. That's my line of thinking as well. If they get within that range it's for a CB. Could be Mitchell or Arnold. If they pull off a trade that gets them within the top ten though I am then thinking it's for Odunze or Nabers depending on how the first few selections shake out. 

We're in an interesting spot draft wise. Right in the middle of it all. Should be an exciting opening night. A trade up or a trade down are both likely in my opinion. Would prefer a trade down though, as I feel this class is deep in areas of need. Specifically CB, WR and IOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-18-2024, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Mitchell is our top corner I think we have to jump the Colts.  He's my top corner and I think will be an All Pro

Yeah. That's my line of thinking as well. If they get within that range it's for a CB. Could be Mitchell or Arnold. If they pull off a trade that gets them within the top ten though I am then thinking it's for Odunze or Nabers depending on how the first few selections shake out. 

We're in an interesting spot draft wise. Right in the middle of it all. Should be an exciting opening night. A trade up or a trade down are both likely in my opinion. Would prefer a trade down though, as I feel this class is deep in areas of need. Specifically CB, WR and IOL.
If it's not a trade up into the top 10 for Nabers or Odunze, then a trade down is fine by me. No reason to trade up for a corner when Kool-Aid will likely be there at 17 or a little later.

(04-18-2024, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

A trade up a couple spots we could probably move up while still keeping our 2nd and 3rd and get the player we want.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 03:39 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-18-2024, 03:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. That's my line of thinking as well. If they get within that range it's for a CB. Could be Mitchell or Arnold. If they pull off a trade that gets them within the top ten though I am then thinking it's for Odunze or Nabers depending on how the first few selections shake out. 

A trade up a couple spots we could probably move up while still keeping our 2nd and 3rd and get the player we want.

If it goes by the trade value chart, a move up to 14 would require either the 3rd and probably one of the 4ths OR both 4ths and probably the 5th. The trade value chart isn't gospel though.

(04-18-2024, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still think we trade up for Mitchell at  13 or 14

Probably one of the dumber things we could do, so yeah, you're probably right. Thankfully, I'll be at the bar.

(04-19-2024, 07:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I still think we trade up for Mitchell at  13 or 14

Probably one of the dumber things we could do, so yeah, you're probably right. Thankfully, I'll be at the bar.

If Mitchell ends up being the best corner in the draft and a shutdown corner it would be a great move.  I think he will be that