Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Predict the entire first round [Game]

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 08:47 AM by Jagulars. Edited 3 times in total.)

This one will be for the entire first round of the draft. To make this a little more interesting. We will only predict the players at each number from 1-32. Not worry about the teams drafting at each location. (As trades can and will occur.)

Rules: 

- List numbers 1 to 32 (1 being the first overall pick and 32 being the last pick in round 1.) and put a player at each one on where you feel they will likely be selected. Example:

1. QB Dan Smith BYU
2. TE Hingle McCringleberry Penn State
...etc.

- The last day to submit or edit your entry will be on Tuesday, April 23rd. 2 days before the draft on Thursday, April 25th. 

- You are allowed to edit your prediction post at any point before Wednesday, April 24th. Editing on Wednesday, April 24th or anytime during the first round of the draft on April 25th will be disqualified. 

- You will receive 2 points for predicting the correct player and 1 consolation point for correct position if you miss out on the exact player. The user with the most clearly wins.

- This post will be edited after the first round to tally up and announce the winner(s).

Have fun.

Results:

Jaglou53 - 30
Jagulars - 15
Caldrac - 17
Mikey - 21
Jag149 - 13
HardcoreMoJagFan - 13
Jags32250 - 24

Just outside the due date:

TheDuke007 - 27

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-12-2024, 10:53 PM)Jagulars Wrote: This one will be for the entire first round of the draft. To make this a little more interesting. We will only predict the players at each number from 1-32. Not worry about the teams drafting at each location. (As trades can and will occur.)

Rules: 

- List numbers 1 to 32 (1 being the first overall pick and 32 being the last pick in round 1.) and put a player at each one on where you feel they will likely be selected. Example:

1. QB Dan Smith BYU
...etc.

- The last day to submit or edit your entry will be on Tuesday, April 23rd. 2 days before the draft on Thursday, April 25th. 

- You are allowed to edit your prediction post at any point before Wednesday, April 24th. Editing on Wednesday, April 24th or anytime during the first round of the draft on April 25th will be disqualified. 

-  You will get a point for each player you have in the correct spot drafted at. The user with the most clearly wins.

- This post will be edited after the first round to tally up and announce the winner(s).

Have fun.

May I suggest a point grading system that gives 2 points for correct player and a consolation 1 point for correct position?

(04-13-2024, 11:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 10:53 PM)Jagulars Wrote: This one will be for the entire first round of the draft. To make this a little more interesting. We will only predict the players at each number from 1-32. Not worry about the teams drafting at each location. (As trades can and will occur.)

Rules: 

1. QB Dan Smith BYU
...etc.

-  You will get a point for each player you have in the correct spot drafted at. The user with the most clearly wins.

Have fun.

May I suggest a point grading system that gives 2 points for correct player and a consolation 1 point for correct position?

I can agree to that.

My picks:

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye
4. Marvin Harrison
5. J.J. McCarthy
6.Malik Nabors
7.Joe Alt
8.Dallas Turner
9.Rome Odunze
10.Brock Bowers
11. J.C. Latham
12. Jared Verse
13. Taliese Fuaga
14. Olu Fashanu
15. Quinton Mitchell
16. Troy Fautanu
17. Terrian Arnold
18.Amarius Mims
19. Laitu Latu
20. JPJ
21. Byron Murphy
22. Nate Wiggins
23. Brian Thomas
24. Graham Barton
25. Tyler Guyton
26.Chop Robinson
27.Darius Robinson
28.Xavier Worthy
29.Adonai Mitchell
30. Kool-Aid McKinstry
31.Jordan Morgan
32.xavier Leggett

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2024, 09:08 AM by Jagulars. Edited 34 times in total.)

This will be my prediction post:

1. QB Caleb Williams 
2. QB Jayden Daniels
3. WR Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. WR Malik Nabers
5. TE Brock Bowers
6. EDGE Dallas Turner
7. OT Joe Alt
8. QB Drake Maye
9. WR Rome Odunze
10. OT Taliese Fuaga
11. DE Jared Verse
12. CB Quinyon Mitchell
13. OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
14. WR Brian Thomas Jr.
15. CB Terrion Arnold
16. DE Laiatu Latu
17. OT Amarius Mims
18. OT Tyler Guyton
19. QB J.J. McCarthy
20. CB Nate Wiggins
21. EDGE Chop Robinson
22. DT Byron Murphy II
23. OT Troy Fautanu
24. CB Ennis Rakestraw Jr.
25. S Cooper DeJean
26. IOL Jackson Powers-Johnson
27. DT Jer'Zhan Newton
28. WR Adonai Mitchell
29. CB Kool-Aid McKinstry
30. OG Graham Barton
31. DT Braden Fiske
32. CB T.J. Tampa

1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye
4. Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Malik Nabers
6. Rome Odunze
7. Joe Alt
8. Dallas Turner
9. Terrion Arnold
10. Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. J.J McCarthy
12. Brock Bowers
13. Taliese Fuaga
14. Troy Fautanu
15. Quinyon Mitchell
16. Jer'Zhan Newton
17. Brian Thomas Jr.
18. Amarius Mims
19. Byron Murphy II
20. Laiatu Latu
21. Jackson Powers-Johnson
22. Jared Verse
23. Cooper DeJean
24. Tyler Guyton
25. Graham Barton
26. Chop Robinson
27. Jordan Morgan
28. Adonai Mitchell
29. Nate Wiggins
30. Kingsley Suamataia
31. Kool-Aid McKinstry
32. Xavier Worthy
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-15-2024, 07:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye
4. Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Malik Nabers
6. Rome Odunze
7. Joe Alt
8. Dallas Turner
9. Terrion Arnold
10. Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. J.J McCarthy
12. Brock Bowers
13. Taliese Fuaga
14. Troy Fautanu
15. Quinyon Mitchell
16. Jer'Zhan Newton
17. Brian Thomas Jr.
18. Amarius Mims
19. Byron Murphy II
20. Laiatu Latu
22. Jared Verse
23. Cooper DeJean
24. Tyler Guyton
25. Graham Barton
26. Chop Robinson
27. Jordan Morgan
28. Adonai Mitchell
29. Nate Wiggins
30. Kingsley Suamataia
31. Kool-Aid McKinstry
32. Xavier Worthy

Thomas would be an interesting pick in this scenario if the Jaguars stayed at 17. I'd be fine with this pick since Thomas has the potential to be a number 1 receiver and major deep threat that Trevor has not had. On the other hand, he is a somewhat risky pick who may not turn out any better than the previous 4 receivers (Soward, Blackmon, Williams,Jones) the team has taken in round 1. None received a 2nd contract and were either total busts (Soward, Blackmon), disappointments (Jones) or just slightly above average (Williams). This bad record would absolutely not stop me from taking someone like Harrison, Nabers or Odunze, but Thomas has only had one great year at LSU, 

I'd most likely take Verse, Latu or Wiggins in this scenario with Thomas slightly behind those 3.

(04-15-2024, 01:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 07:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. Caleb Williams
2. Jayden Daniels
3. Drake Maye
4. Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Malik Nabers
6. Rome Odunze
7. Joe Alt
8. Dallas Turner
9. Terrion Arnold
10. Olumuyiwa Fashanu
11. J.J McCarthy
12. Brock Bowers
13. Taliese Fuaga
14. Troy Fautanu
15. Quinyon Mitchell
16. Jer'Zhan Newton
17. Brian Thomas Jr.
18. Amarius Mims
19. Byron Murphy II
20. Laiatu Latu
22. Jared Verse
23. Cooper DeJean
24. Tyler Guyton
25. Graham Barton
26. Chop Robinson
27. Jordan Morgan
28. Adonai Mitchell
29. Nate Wiggins
30. Kingsley Suamataia
31. Kool-Aid McKinstry
32. Xavier Worthy

Thomas would be an interesting pick in this scenario if the Jaguars stayed at 17. I'd be fine with this pick since Thomas has the potential to be a number 1 receiver and major deep threat that Trevor has not had. On the other hand, he is a somewhat risky pick who may not turn out any better than the previous 4 receivers (Soward, Blackmon, Williams,Jones) the team has taken in round 1. None received a 2nd contract and were either total busts (Soward, Blackmon), disappointments (Jones) or just slightly above average (Williams). This bad record would absolutely not stop me from taking someone like Harrison, Nabers or Odunze, but Thomas has only had one great year at LSU, 

I'd most likely take Verse, Latu or Wiggins in this scenario with Thomas slightly behind those 3.

I wanted to try something different. For the sake of maybe getting a slight advantage in this friendly competition. With Arnold and Mitchell off the board at CB. Followed by Newton at DT right in front of us at 16 and all of the top, quality offensive lineman gone within the 7th - 14th range. 

I started shifting back towards WR. Figuring, why not, let's take the guy there now and land a prospect that's been considered top 5 at his position from this class across many platforms and media outlets. I personally liked what I saw out of his film last year. Was on the bandwagon early. 

Think he has NFL caliber hands, speed, size and footwork inside the endzone, and, after the near misses earlier last year inside the endzone that should have been TD's? Where Zay couldn't toe tap fast enough, or, Calvin couldn't drag a foot? Thomas Jr. showed a lot of that at LSU with his 17 TD grabs in 2023. 

That stuck out to me instantly. We need that on the outside for this offense.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-15-2024, 05:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 01:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thomas would be an interesting pick in this scenario if the Jaguars stayed at 17. I'd be fine with this pick since Thomas has the potential to be a number 1 receiver and major deep threat that Trevor has not had. On the other hand, he is a somewhat risky pick who may not turn out any better than the previous 4 receivers (Soward, Blackmon, Williams,Jones) the team has taken in round 1. None received a 2nd contract and were either total busts (Soward, Blackmon), disappointments (Jones) or just slightly above average (Williams). This bad record would absolutely not stop me from taking someone like Harrison, Nabers or Odunze, but Thomas has only had one great year at LSU, 

I wanted to try something different. For the sake of maybe getting a slight advantage in this friendly competition. With Arnold and Mitchell off the board at CB. Followed by Newton at DT right in front of us at 16 and all of the top, quality offensive lineman gone within the 7th - 14th range. 

I started shifting back towards WR. Figuring, why not, let's take the guy there now and land a prospect that's been considered top 5 at his position from this class across many platforms and media outlets. I personally liked what I saw out of his film last year. Was on the bandwagon early. 

Think he has NFL caliber hands, speed, size and footwork inside the endzone, and, after the near misses earlier last year inside the endzone that should have been TD's? Where Zay couldn't toe tap fast enough, or, Calvin couldn't drag a foot? Thomas Jr. showed a lot of that at LSU with his 17 TD grabs in 2023. 

Definitely wouldn't mind Thomas at all. Looks like we won't have too much competition for the most accurate predictions since only 3 have submitted this. The worst we could do is the Bronze medal! Hopefully more will take the time to get this done.

(04-16-2024, 09:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 05:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wanted to try something different. For the sake of maybe getting a slight advantage in this friendly competition. With Arnold and Mitchell off the board at CB. Followed by Newton at DT right in front of us at 16 and all of the top, quality offensive lineman gone within the 7th - 14th range. 

Definitely wouldn't mind Thomas at all. Looks like we won't have too much competition for the most accurate predictions since only 3 have submitted this. The worst we could do is the Bronze medal! Hopefully more will take the time to get this done.

I'm going to submit one, but I just haven't had the amount of time to put in to evaluating the entire 1st round that I'd like to.  Having some perfectionist tendencies, I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time on meaningless things like this.

(04-16-2024, 09:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 09:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Definitely wouldn't mind Thomas at all. Looks like we won't have too much competition for the most accurate predictions since only 3 have submitted this. The worst we could do is the Bronze medal! Hopefully more will take the time to get this done.

I'm going to submit one, but I just haven't had the amount of time to put in to evaluating the entire 1st round that I'd like to.  Having some perfectionist tendencies, I tend to spend an inordinate amount of time on meaningless things like this.

I'm right there with you! When I think of all the time I spend on the draft, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.But the bottom line is very simple- I enjoy it and it's a great and harmless distraction from all the craziness in this world!

(04-16-2024, 09:58 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 09:51 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Definitely wouldn't mind Thomas at all. Looks like we won't have too much competition for the most accurate predictions since only 3 have submitted this. The worst we could do is the Bronze medal! Hopefully more will take the time to get this done.

Mein gott I have never felt a comment more than this

Before y'all spit your drinks, I have us trading with DAL:

1 QB Caleb Williams
2 QB Drake Maye
3 QB Jayden Daniels
4 WR Marvin Harrison Jr
5 QB JJ McCarthy
6 WR Malik Nabers
7 OT Joe Alt
8 WR Rome Odunze
9 ED Jared Verse
10 TE Brock Bowers
11 OT Olu Fashanu
12 ED Dallas Turner
13 OT Troy Fautanu
14 OT Taliese Fuaga
15 CB Quinyon Mitchell
16 DL Johnny Newton
17 OT JC Latham
18 CB Terrion Arnold
19 ED Laiatu Latu
20 OT Amarius Mims
21 C JPJ (I'm lazy)
22 S Cooper Dejean
23 WR Brian Thomas Jr
24 DT Byron Murphy
25 OT Graham Barton
26 CB KoolAid Man
27 CB Nate Wiggins
28 ED Chop Robinson
29 QB Bo Nix
30 WR Keon Coleman
31 OT TYler Guyton
32 WR X Worthy

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024, 03:37 PM by Jag149. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. Caleb Williams
2. Daniels
3. JJ Mc Carthy
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Brock Bowers
6. Drake Mayo
7. Joe Alt
8. Cooper DeJean
9. Rome Odunze
10.Malik Nabers
11. Bo Nix
12. Laiatu Latu
13. Taliatu Fuaga
14. Jer'zhan Newton
15. Quinyon Mitchell
16. Dallas Turner
17. Jackson Powers-Johnson
18. Byron Murphy
19. Terrion Arnold
20. Troy Fautanu
21. Oluymuyiwa Fashanu
22. Adonai Mitchell
23. Graham Barton
24. JC Latham
25. Jared Verse
26. Nate Wiggins
27. Brrian Thomas
28. Amarius Mims
29. Kool-aid Mc Kinstry
30. Troy Franklin
31. Mike Sainristill
32. Ladd McConkey

I did it this way, but I thinking the Jags will have an opportunity to get the Steelers to pay up to draft JPJ. They have a history of drafting centers here. (Maurkice Pouncey 1 round pick #18) To let them swap picks with us I feel it isfair for them to swap 3rd picks and give us their round 4 pick #119. (both picks are 2 slots before Houston's 3rd and 4th) If they decline we just take him. This will be a really good lineman for us the next 10 years. Also, the opportunity for the trade will leak out after the draft and the next time the other team will know we are not bluffing. That would give us 3 4th rounders. and the ability to trade up if we wanted to. .Yea, a ruthless pipedream I know... the points check out....maybe a few points favorable to us but not many.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Add points for correct trades!!

(04-20-2024, 03:19 PM)Jag149 Wrote: 1. Caleb Williams
2. Daniels
3. JJ Mc Carthy
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Brock Bowers
6. Drake Mayo
7. Joe Alt
8. Cooper DeJean
9. Rome Odunze
10.Malik Nabers
11. Bo Nix
12. Laiatu Latu
13. Taliatu Fuaga
14. Jer'zhan Newton
15. Quinyon Mitchell
16. Dallas Turner
17. Jackson  Powers-Johnson
18. Byron Murphy
19. Terrion Arnold
20. Troy Fautanu
21. Oluymuyiwa Fashanu
22. Adonai Mitchell
23. Graham Barton
24. JC Latham
25. Jared Verse
26. Nate Wiggins
27. Brrian Thomas
28. Amarius Mims
29. Kool-aid Mc Kinstry
30. Troy Franklin
31. Mike Sainristill
32. Ladd McConkey

I did it this way, but I thinking the Jags will have an opportunity to get the Steelers to pay up to draft JPJ.  They have a history of drafting centers here. (Maurkice Pouncey 1 round pick #18)  To let them swap picks with us I feel it isfair for them to swap 3rd picks and give us their round 4 pick #119. (both picks are 2 slots before Houston's 3rd and 4th)  If they decline we just take him. This will be a really good lineman for us the next 10 years. Also, the opportunity for the trade will leak out after the draft and the next time the other team will know we are not bluffing. That would give us 3 4th rounders. and the ability to trade up if we wanted to. .Yea, a ruthless pipedream I know... the points check out....maybe a few points favorable to us but not many.

Steelers have a new GM who seems more aggressive than previous longtime GM Colbert, as evidence by the free agent QB flurry. Time will tell his draft philosophy. He drafted a tackle last year. 

I'd love a trade down with a team fixated on JPJ. Listening to Baalke and Pederson's recent presser, it seems like they're willing to trade down only a few spots because they are eyeing a handful of players. I think it's going to be defense.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-20-2024, 05:48 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Add points for correct trades!!
Not sure if we'll add it to the game but these are my trades for RD1. Went a little further with selections in the mix.

Minnesota trades up with New England.
MIN receives NEW 3 for MIN 11, 23 and next year's 3rd RD pick.

Carolina trades up with Las Angeles Rams.
CAR receives LA 19 for CAR 33, 65 and next year's 3rd and 5th RD pick.

Arizona trades up with Jacksonville.
ARZ receives JAC 17 & 116 for ARZ 27 & 35 and next year's 4th RD pick.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(04-21-2024, 10:05 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 05:48 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Add points for correct trades!!
Not sure if we'll add it to the game but these are my trades for RD1. Went a little further with selections in the mix.

Minnesota trades up with New England.
MIN receives NEW 3 for MIN 11, 23 and next year's 3rd RD pick.

Carolina trades up with Las Angeles Rams.
CAR receives LA 19 for CAR 33, 65 and next year's 3rd and 5th RD pick.

Arizona trades up with Jacksonville.
ARZ receives JAC 17 & 116 for ARZ 27 & 35 and next year's 4th RD pick.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

That would be an interesting trade for te Jaguars. I would personally like it because the Jags could still get an excellent cornerback in round 1 ( the possibility that one of McKinstry, Wiggins or DeJean will be available is good) and another very good player at 35 (Newton,JPJ,Franklin, Frazier, D. Robinson could all be there). They could then add a receiver or offensive lineman at pick 48 giving them 3 great additions if Baalke gets it right (a big IF, I know).

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 12:21 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Caleb Williams
2. Drake Maye
3. Jayden Daniels
4. Marvin Harrison Jr.
5. Malik Nabors
6. Joe Alt
7. Dallas Turner
8. Rome Odunze
9. Brock Bowers
10. Oluyiuna Fashanu
11. J.J. McCarthy
12. Jared Verse