Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia, Saudi Arabia may be manipulating oil prices to help Trump: MSNBC

I really have some HUGE DOUBTS about this...... Neither country would want Trump back in office......... Sounds like "Russia Gate" 2024 version..........

Just like to have whatever she's been smoking...... LOL

Russia, Saudi Arabia may be manipulating oil prices to help Trump: MSNBC

Gas prices hit an average $3.67 per gallon on Thursday

An MSNBC panel entertained the conspiracy theory that Russia and Saudi Arabia are purposefully driving up oil and gas prices to help Trump politically in the fall.

"The 11th Hour with Stephanie Ruhle" introduced the idea in a segment remarking on how gas prices are slowly climbing up ahead of the election. Though Ruhle noted that gas prices often rise before the summer, she suggested something more sinister influencing the rise.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/russia-sau...rump-msnbc
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saudi Arabia and Russia clearly prefer Trump for their own reasons, but it's not clear they have that much influence over US gas prices anymore.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:22 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(04-19-2024, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Saudi Arabia and Russia clearly prefer Trump for their own reasons, but it's not clear they have that much influence over US gas prices anymore.

I can see Saudi Arabia preferring Trump. They want protection from Iran.

Putin just knows Trump isn't the usual empty suit run by the deep state, he can manipulate the empty suits, he can't manipulate Trump in the way he has for 20+ years of former Presidents.

(04-19-2024, 12:22 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Saudi Arabia and Russia clearly prefer Trump for their own reasons, but it's not clear they have that much influence over US gas prices anymore.

I can see Saudi Arabia preferring Trump. They want protection from Iran.

Putin just knows Trump isn't the usual empty suit run by the deep state, he can manipulate the empty suits, he can't manipulate Trump in the way he has for 20+ years of former Presidents.

Jared Kushner manages portions of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.  I don't know why they like the Trump family, but they clearly do.

As for Russia, Trump is the main reason that aid to Ukraine is stalled.  Trump is publicly telling members of Congress to stall it.  Of course Russia prefers that.

(04-19-2024, 12:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:22 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I can see Saudi Arabia preferring Trump. They want protection from Iran.

Jared Kushner manages portions of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.  I don't know why they like the Trump family, but they clearly do.

As for Russia, Trump is the main reason that aid to Ukraine is stalled.  Trump is publicly telling members of Congress to stall it.  Of course Russia prefers that.

Because normal Americans like myself are sick and tired of funding foreign wars while our people suffer here in this country.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:43 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(04-19-2024, 12:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:22 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I can see Saudi Arabia preferring Trump. They want protection from Iran.

If Americans were to vote on helping Ukraine it would be an overwhelming no.

We shouldn't be involved in former soviet states.. and we damn sure shouldn't have orchestrated the coup in 2014.

(04-19-2024, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Jared Kushner manages portions of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.  I don't know why they like the Trump family, but they clearly do.

Because normal Americans like myself are sick and tired of funding foreign wars while our people suffer here in this country.

To be fair though, those billions are going to Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, etc. 

Javelin missiles cost about 240k each and we have sent them 6,000 or so so far. The US taxpayer is paying US companies to fight a losing proxy war... all the while Russians and Chinese study our weapons in actual battle situations.

(04-19-2024, 12:39 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Jared Kushner manages portions of the Saudi sovereign wealth fund.  I don't know why they like the Trump family, but they clearly do.

We shouldn't be involved in former soviet states.. and we damn sure shouldn't have orchestrated the coup in 2014.

(04-19-2024, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Because normal Americans like myself are sick and tired of funding foreign wars while our people suffer here in this country.

To be fair though, those billions are going to Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, etc. 

Javelin missiles cost about 240k each and we have sent them 6,000 or so so far. The US taxpayer is paying US companies to fight a losing proxy war... all the while Russians and Chinese study our weapons in actual battle situations.

All of that is fine if that's really how you feel, just don't clutch at your pearls when Democrats point out that Russia is rooting for your candidates to win their races for this reason.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:47 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2024, 12:39 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:

(04-19-2024, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Because normal Americans like myself are sick and tired of funding foreign wars while our people suffer here in this country.

We're funding both countries involved in this war.. It's a lose-lose situation.

I’ve heard a couple of talking heads (Marc Thiessen and Admiral James Stavridis) say 80% of the money used to support Ukraine and Israel is going to U.S. weapons manufacturers. We’re giving away our dated weapons stocks for newer, updated weapons. Not to mention we are also gleaning information of our own from Russian, Chinese and Iranian made weapons as they are utilized. Stavridis says this has been an intelligence boon for the U.S.

(04-19-2024, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve heard a couple of talking heads (Marc Thiessen and Admiral James Stavridis) say 80% of the money used to support Ukraine and Israel is going to U.S. weapons manufacturers. We’re giving away our dated weapons stocks for newer, updated weapons. Not to mention we are also gleaning information of our own from Russian, Chinese and Iranian made weapons as they are utilized. Stavridis says this has been an intelligence boon for the U.S.

They barely ever use T90s and they never use their newest gen tanks. They use T72s. We already know everything there is to know about those tanks. I'm not sure what intelligence we are getting from that.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 01:29 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2024, 01:02 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve heard a couple of talking heads (Marc Thiessen and Admiral James Stavridis) say 80% of the money used to support Ukraine and Israel is going to U.S. weapons manufacturers. We’re giving away our dated weapons stocks for newer, updated weapons. Not to mention we are also gleaning information of our own from Russian, Chinese and Iranian made weapons as they are utilized. Stavridis says this has been an intelligence boon for the U.S.

They barely ever use T90s and they never use their newest gen tanks. They use T72s. We already know everything there is to know about those tanks. I'm not sure what intelligence we are getting from that.

We’re not because we care very little about tanks. You’re thinking primitive. The intelligence hauls come from the electromagnetic spectrum, such as signals intelligence (SIGINT), RADARS, SATCOMS, weapons controls, and lots of other RF and LASER capabilities. Along with weapons capabilities, behaviors, autonomy, deployment methods and support. From this we establish effective countermeasures and detection methods.

Edit: Not to mention the material exhibits gathered to study. Knowledge can be gained simply by examining weapons remnants.

(04-19-2024, 12:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:39 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: If Americans were to vote on helping Ukraine it would be an overwhelming no.

All of that is fine if that's really how you feel, just don't clutch at your pearls when Democrats point out that Russia is rooting for your candidates to win their races for this reason.

Don’t!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-19-2024, 12:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:39 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: If Americans were to vote on helping Ukraine it would be an overwhelming no.

Honest question, I genuinely don’t know. How do they know that?

(04-19-2024, 04:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: All of that is fine if that's really how you feel, just don't clutch at your pearls when Democrats point out that Russia is rooting for your candidates to win their races for this reason.

Honest question, I genuinely don’t know. How do they know that?

You know that some US politicians are for more aid to Ukraine and some are not.  Russia knows that too.
You may not care about aid to Ukraine.  But Russia does.
You really think Russia has no preference about who wins our next elections?

Ya'll need to quit worrying about what Russia wants and start worrying about what America needs!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 06:07 PM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(04-19-2024, 05:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll need to quit worrying about what Russia wants and start worrying about what America needs!

Seriously. Ukraine gives us nothing except a border with Russia which I don't want.

Once Russia takes the Ukraine you're gonna see gas prices go way lower. And sorry libs, my family here in the US is worth more to me than the entire population of the Ukraine. And I will say the same about your family, they matter more to me than every Ukrainian.

(04-19-2024, 06:06 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 05:59 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll need to quit worrying about what Russia wants and start worrying about what America needs!

Seriously. Ukraine gives us nothing except a border with Russia which I don't want.

Once Russia takes the Ukraine you're gonna see gas prices go way lower. And sorry libs, my family here in the US is worth more to me than the entire population of the Ukraine. And I will say the same about your family, they matter more to me than every Ukrainian.

Ukraine doesn't have much petroleum resources.  So I don't follow.

(04-19-2024, 06:44 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:06 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Seriously. Ukraine gives us nothing except a border with Russia which I don't want.

Ukraine doesn't have much petroleum resources.  So I don't follow.

Russia does. Plus no war is always better for gas prices versus war.

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024, 08:07 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-19-2024, 07:05 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 06:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ukraine doesn't have much petroleum resources.  So I don't follow.

Russia does. Plus no war is always better for gas prices versus war.

Right, Russia does.  And they're still selling it.  The EU, US, and some other countries have agreed to not pay more than $70 a barrel for it.  It's like a reverse OPEC. Russia can get better offers from China and India.  So the EU and US pay a little more for crude oil from countries other than Russia, and China and India pay a little less for Russian oil, and Russia makes a little less money from their oil.

So say Russia "takes" Ukraine tomorrow.  Would any of the other facts above change?

Oil will be cut in half in February 2025 when Don turns on those domestic drills.