Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(04-29-2024, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:04 PM)Mikey Wrote: So you got nothing to refute my claim?

The conversation was about expectation, not team boards. Nobody who logs into this server has access to any team's board, or they are DARN good at keeping secrets. So how do you propose that any person here would have used any of the 32 team boards out there as a basis for expectation? Where is the reliable information that said we shouldn't be surprised when Pearsall is off the board before guys like Cooper DeJean, Johnny Newton, or Koolaid, for example?

Where is any reliable information that says you should be surprised?  Its not like he went top 10 lol.  He went 31st overall.  He has the production with a less than stellar QB play, runs great routes, good size, and a crazy athlete that destroyed the combine.  That's the reliable information that it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Basically every writer, source, mock, writeup etc that figured you could get him in the 40s. I still have yet to see anything that states to the contrary.

It's ok, I know he's a gator, and I didn't mean to insult his alma mater by saying most everyone in the football world envisioned him as a second round receiver. This too shall pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 10:05 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-30-2024, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where is any reliable information that says you should be surprised?  Its not like he went top 10 lol.  He went 31st overall.  He has the production with a less than stellar QB play, runs great routes, good size, and a crazy athlete that destroyed the combine.  That's the reliable information that it shouldn't have been a surprise.

Basically every writer, source, mock, writeup etc that figured you could get him in the 40s. I still have yet to see anything that states to the contrary.

It's ok, I know he's a gator, and I didn't mean to insult his alma mater by saying most everyone in the football world envisioned him as a second round receiver. This too shall pass.

It's now clear they writers and mocks you were looking at were wrong and they don't think like real GMs, scouts and teams. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-...-prospects

(04-30-2024, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like you need to go and read it again because I didn't say that you said that.  I asked a question.  Teams don't spend countless hours and months putting a board together and in the first round not even stick to it.

It's mocks, mocks mean nothing lol.  These mock boards don't match real team boards.  Mocks lol

(04-29-2024, 05:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Exactly

No matter how many contingency plans they make - they end up altering course more often than not. 

And it often ends up with moving down their board to find value instead of just taking whichever guy is left who is ranked at the top of their draft room big board.

I see you slept through the weekend, as the latter was basically all we did on Friday and Saturday. Such a lazy, unambitious experience.

not sure if serious

Every single player they selected was a position of need. 
I don't think that happened by just taking whichever guy was available from the top of their board every time. Maybe on a few picks.

(04-30-2024, 10:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: Basically every writer, source, mock, writeup etc that figured you could get him in the 40s. I still have yet to see anything that states to the contrary.

It's now clear they writers and mocks you were looking at were wrong and they don't think like real GMs, scouts and teams. 

Says nothing about expectation as to darft position.

Here's one that specifically addresses expectation. I'll save you the click thru:
Quote:
Quote:With their first-rounder, they chose wideout Ricky Pearsall out of Florida. While Pearsall might become a strong pro, many had him pegged as a second-round pick at best and ranked outside the top 10 at his position. But San Francisco made him the sixth receiver taken off the board.

Nobody stated whether or not ya gata was pro ready. The statement was whether he went before most expected. Keep shifting the goalposts if you want, you'll still be wrong.

(04-30-2024, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote: I see you slept through the weekend, as the latter was basically all we did on Friday and Saturday. Such a lazy, unambitious experience.

not sure if serious

Every single player they selected was a position of need. 
I don't think that happened by just taking whichever guy was available from the top of their board every time. Maybe on a few picks.

We needed IOL depth in an IOL thick darft. Not sure that we needed a backup (collegiately) RB. We have eleventy-threeve young DBs already, Deantre wasn't one that screamed "super value at position of need" to me. We made zero movement after day 1 to fit players to draft position, whether they were needs or not. In comparison to some of the other teams out there, it just seemed so...passive.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2024, 08:03 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-01-2024, 02:53 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 10:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's now clear they writers and mocks you were looking at were wrong and they don't think like real GMs, scouts and teams. 

Says nothing about expectation as to darft position.

Here's one that specifically addresses expectation. I'll save you the click thru:

Nobody stated whether or not ya gata was pro ready. The statement was whether he went before most expected. Keep shifting the goalposts if you want, you'll still be wrong.

He went before some of the mocks and the few writers you looked at had him going. They obviously got it wrong again.  Not the first time and it won't be the last.   Teams have a better idea of where these players are going to go than these writers and their mocks.