Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

Agree with o-line as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would love to see OL and IDL addressed early.
Not very confident they go that way in the first round unless the right guy falls.
2nd/3rd/4th seem more likely to me for trench guys.

A trade up for Bowers…..

Man. What a stupid move that would be.

(04-25-2024, 04:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: A trade up for Bowers…..

Man. What a stupid move that would be.

Would be no different than trading up for one of the WRs.  Bowers is just as good.  If one is stupid the other is stupid

Well they say if he's there at 17 he is the pick too says its Doug who wants him. Draft him and trade for Aiyuk
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 05:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-25-2024, 05:42 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Well they say if he's there at 17 he is the pick too says its Doug who wants him. Draft him and trade for Aiyuk

Who said that?

If Bowers was at 17 it would be a no brainer. Id trade up to jump the Cots if he makes it to the Saints. The Colts are taking Bowers if he falls there

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/178...915L-t18Xg

Hopefully Nabers/Odunze

Bowers the player isn’t the issue. It’s the process here. Sign Engram. Take Strange in round 2 and then trade up for Bowers? Horrible process. It’s like linebacker all over again.

No way Bowers is there. The Colts would absolutely take him if he somehow dropped to 15. I have a feeling, though, that 3 years from now we'll be sorry that the Jaguars didn't trade up for him. He is likely to do for his new team what Kelce does for the Chiefs.

Its a given that if they knew they could get Bowers this year they wouldnt have taken Strange. You take Bowers and if Strange can give you anything its a plus. You dont pass on Bowers because you have a Strange. Bowers and Engram would be like when the Pats had Gronk and AH, it would be a matchup nightmare

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 05:57 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

Looks like it’s already been posted, but I just
heard the same thing “Jaguars are trying to move up in round 1”

Hmm

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-25-2024, 05:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No way Bowers is there. The Colts would absolutely take him if he somehow dropped to 15. I have a feeling, though, that 3 years from now we'll be sorry that the Jaguars didn't trade up for him. He is likely to do for his new team what Kelce does for the Chiefs.

If Bowers is there in the teens you absolutely trade up for him imo.  He is the one player that could help take this offense over the top. I think he is the 3rd best player in the draft behind MHJ and Alt.  Never did I think we would have a chance in hell at Bowers after last season.  I dont think there has ever been a perfect prospect for a Doug Pederson offense.

If Odonze or Nabers falls to the teens id trade up for them as well.

Is it just a Todd McShay rumor or has anyone else talked about us wanting Bowers?

(04-25-2024, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 05:51 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No way Bowers is there. The Colts would absolutely take him if he somehow dropped to 15. I have a feeling, though, that 3 years from now we'll be sorry that the Jaguars didn't trade up for him. He is likely to do for his new team what Kelce does for the Chiefs.

If Bowers is there in the teens you absolutely trade up for him imo.  He is the one player that could help take this offense over the top. I think he is the 3rd best player in the draft behind MHJ and Alt.  Never did I think we would have a chance in hell at Bowers after last season.  I dont think there has ever been a perfect prospect for a Doug Pederson offense.

Kirk, Gabe, ETN, Engram & Bowers could really pose a multitude of matchup problems for opposing defenses with how versatile Engram/Bowers can both line up. I agree with Cleatwood where the "process" of choosing Strange last year in the 2nd and then potentially grabbing Bowers would end up as inefficient/wasted opportunities but I'm warming up to the idea for Bowers if he falls far enough.

I'm a BIG fan of Nabers and Odunze as well but if there's a coach/team who could utilize multiple TE sets in creative ways Doug Pederson's offense would be just that.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:05 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

My guess from staring at this crystal ball the last hour.

I saw Doug's face saying other than 2 WR's (which we all know) we can get a really good reciever in most any round.
I saw Baalkies face saying we need to get stronger and bigger on BOTH lines.
Baalkie then sighed distressed we didn't have a slot corner.
I then saw Shad and Tony looking at both of them saying you better be right!
Then for some reason Gene Smith appeared pushing for X'Zauvea Gadlin a tackle from Liberty and De'Jahn Warren a CB from Jackson State.

I an drinking Bourbon tonight to chase this Gene Smith apparition away.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:22 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-25-2024, 06:02 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Bowers is there in the teens you absolutely trade up for him imo.  He is the one player that could help take this offense over the top. I think he is the 3rd best player in the draft behind MHJ and Alt.  Never did I think we would have a chance in hell at Bowers after last season.  I dont think there has ever been a perfect prospect for a Doug Pederson offense.

Kirk, Gabe, ETN, Engram & Bowers could really pose a multitude of matchup problems for opposing defenses with how versatile Engram/Bowers can both line up. I agree with Cleatwood where the "process" of choosing Strange last year in the 2nd and then potentially grabbing Bowers would end up as inefficient/wasted opportunities but I'm warming up to the idea for Bowers if he falls far enough.

I'm a BIG fan of Nabers and Odunze as well but if there's a coach/team who could utilize multiple TE sets in creative ways Doug Pederson's offense would be just that.

Im not going to let one bad decision force me to make another one.  Their "process" didnt involve us having a chance in hell at Bowers or Id bet anything they wouldnt have taken Strange. I like Odunze and Nabers as well and if any of the 3 fall to the teens I would trade up for one of them. Trading up to the top 10 is just to much resources imo. I think the WR's go top 10, hopefully not though

If they're moving up it's for Nabers.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1783619172599029929

The target at what pick do they want to move up for him though
No Fun

Moving up for a WR is expensive. Have to probably swap 1's, fork 48 over or maybe next year's 2nd RD pick instead with 96 this year.

I honestly hope they don't. We need more depth on the OL and DL.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:32 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-25-2024, 06:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Moving up for a WR is expensive. Have to probably swap 1's, fork 48 over or maybe next year's 2nd RD pick instead with 96 this year.

I honestly hope they don't. We need more depth on the OL and DL.

If the Giants dont get a QB they will likely take Odunze.  If we want Nabors we will probably have to go to trade up to 9. Not sure which WR they like better out of Nabers or Odunze

Just give me OL early and often this year please.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]