Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Brian Thomas Jr. Jags new star receiver

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:17 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 4 times in total.)

He ran a 4.3, soft hands, silky smooth route running. He may be an upgrade from Ridley. Plus picking up extra picks.

Baalke deserves credit tonight.

My Grade :. A

I hope he and Trevor have instant chemistry. Stay tuned!

https://youtu.be/AJwwk7besX0?si=sjdiQV2W1QBZaScN

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love it. Wanted him, got 3 picks aswell. Just a great round

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 11:21 PM by mikesez.)

With first round wideouts not named Matt Jones, you know they've got the athletic skills.
It's all about mentality and that will play out over time. Will the brain be fast enough to use those skills correctly at this level where everyone else has fast muscles too? Will he become a head case? No way to know.
But I'll be his biggest fan as long as he wears teal.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Congratulations. Let’s go!

Ahhhhhhh

Now we don't have to listen to "Maybe Aiyuk" discussions anymore. The Jags have both their #2 and #3 receivers for the next 4 years.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

hopefuly BTJ turns into this years cj stoud as rookie of the year with a outstanding season.   I'm shocked jags took him with 23rd pick,i wasn't surpised though when we traded down.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 12:56 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball. Hmm. We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season. Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball.  Hmm.  We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season.  Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

Draft isn't over

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 04:18 AM by Craigukjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Obviously you never know in the draft, but on the face of it. Really exciting pick that gives us a lot to look forward to, the draft equity they picked up was more than expected, so have to give props to baalke for that.

With how the board has fallen still some very good prospects at corner, be interesting to see if they trade up tonight for Kool-aid. If I was offered yesterday morning jags would get btj and kool-aid and an extra 3rd next year id of snapped your hand off

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 03:48 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Through my usual teal colored lenses, this seems to be a pretty good pick.  It's even better considering we picked up three extra draft choices, one this year and two next year.
Before the draft, I kind of thought there was a good opportunity to trade down because there were so many players rated around that level that I would have been perfectly happy with.

I've seen alot of haters calling him Kevin white 2.0

Honestly I was hoping to draft an DT or CB w/our first pick to which I'm NOT the GM/HC to make the pick. NEVERTHELESS, we drafted the replacement for you know who or should I say that we Upgraded the position. Brian Thomas Jr. has the speed, hands and skill set to be The Man at the position of our future. He was our choice at the 17th. pick but we traded out of that position, collected additional picks and still landed him. He was the third fasted during the combine and when he visited us, he impressed us.

Welcome to Duuuuuuuuuuvalllllll BTJ, I can't wait to see you torch the field.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball.  Hmm.  We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season.  Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

Tbf we’ve made moves this off season to improve the oline. Morse is a huge upgrade and Anton Harrison only got better as the season went on, plenty of options to grab some extra depth on the oline also.

https://youtu.be/A4WPy_KK_fM?si=xzXHxqkEISNhjh93

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2024, 03:12 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I've seen alot of haters calling him Kevin  white 2.0

Martavius Bryant

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 06:11 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Dude scored 17 TD last season, which is 1 every 4 catches. 6’4” and runs a 4.33 he will immediately be one of the fastest Jaguars in team history.

His 17 TD in a single-season is good for 3rd all-time in LSU History behind Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, and MORE than Malik Nabers.

His 1,077 yards last year is good for 10th most in a single-season and LSU has produced some absolute studs at WR, they’ve had some dawgs come thru there.

Thomas will punish a smaller type CB. His routes can use some work but his hands are elite. If he breaks one, they won’t run him down. Bro is about to cause all kinds of problems for defenses.

Kirk and Zay Jones will benefit but most of all Trevor Lawrence.

I just hope they find a way to keep Kirk with his contract.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 06:15 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 05:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dude scored 17 TD last season, which is 1 every 4 catches. 6’4” and runs a 4.33 he will immediately be one of the fastest Jaguars in team history.

His 17 TD in a single-season is good for 3rd all-time in LSU History behind Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, and MORE than Malik Nabers.

His 1,077 yards last year is good for 10th most in a single-season and LSU has produced some absolute studs at WR, they’ve had some dawgs come thru there.

Thomas will punish a smaller type CB. His routes can use some work but his hands are elite. If he breaks one, they won’t run him down. Bro is about to cause all kinds of problems for defenses.

Kirk and Zay Jones will benefit but most of all Trevor Lawrence.

It’s going to be more difficult for opponents to try to stop everything. There are some excellent options for Lawrence to choose from. Remember that injuries were a huge problem last season, so I would hang on to zay jones. He’s a good wide receiver and should be able to get lost in the mix when it comes to the defensive priorities making him even more dangerous a wide receiver. I really like all these wide receivers to go along with etn. Jags are stacked.

Draft and develop. This kid is young and raw, but his natural athleticism is off the charts. We have our potential WR1 on a 5 yr cost controlled contract. This is a great gift for TLaw.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.