Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Brian Thomas Jr. Jags new star receiver

https://youtu.be/7isVdcVugKg?si=0fb0xczYWiBNVMd2

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball.  Hmm.  We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season.  Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

We upgraded the weakest position on the line in FA and we picked up a quality guard in the middle of last season.

Both those additions alone should improve the line significantly.

Trevor called him

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/17837...KDqjQ&s=19

(04-26-2024, 06:46 AM)Predator Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:55 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We're still pretending to be a high powered offense when we can't protect the QB or run the ball.  Hmm.  We had a solid defense last year until it died off at the end of the season.  Would be nice to find some depth and skill there.

We upgraded the weakest position on the line in FA and we picked up a quality guard in the middle of last season.

Both those additions alone should improve the line significantly.

And Tug is returning from injury.

We still have 48, 96, 114 and 116. These are great value picks and it wouldn't surprise me if Baalke combos up tonight to land a starting caliber Offensive Lineman.

Have faith.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Before the draft, I was seeing comparions to Tee Higgins and George Pickens. With some add'l refinement and route development, this guy could be a very good pro and weapon. Solid pick, and a bargain at 23.

I have seen others say they see him as a taller version of Terry McLaurin. Steve Smith compared him to Brandon Aiyuk.

I just see a big guy that can separate, get deep, high point the football and score a lot of TD's with great footwork inside the endzone.

All of his production is downfield. Only 4 catches last year behind the line of scrimmage. A ton of work on the outside.

Only 21. He'll be 22 I think around the same time Lawrence hits his 24th or 25th birthday in October.

I expect good things right off the bat with a healthy Kirk, Davis and Jones in the fold.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:46 AM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2024, 12:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: hopefuly BTJ turns into this years cj stoud as rookie of the year with a outstanding season.   I'm shocked jags took him with 23rd pick,i wasn't surpised though when we traded down.

I thought you were expecting us to take a QB at 17

I can't keep your scorching taeks straight

Shouldn't need to darft a WR to unlock a QB's potential.

The trade back netted minimal value. Waiting to see if we use the extra picks to move around, especially up from 96 before I completely call the move a fail.

Glad we landed BTJ, but he's gonna have to kill it to convince me we did the right thing.

I feel like he fits our team well. We have really lacked a guy with his true skillset. Kirk, Zay, Gabe, and Thomas Jr is a promising wr room. Throw engram into the mix, and it’s really dangerous. I think we need some more protection for Trevor, but I’m excited about this pick.

(04-26-2024, 07:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: hopefuly BTJ turns into this years cj stoud as rookie of the year with a outstanding season.   I'm shocked jags took him with 23rd pick,i wasn't surpised though when we traded down.

I thought you were expecting us to take a QB at 17

I can't keep your scorching taeks straight

Shouldn't need to darft a WR to unlock a QB's potential.

The trade back netted minimal value. Waiting to see if we use the extra picks to move around, especially up from 96 before I completely call the move a fail.

Glad we landed BTJ, but he's gonna have to kill it to convince me we did the right thing.
The trade was apparently one of the most lopsided trades in league history. In the Jags favor….

(04-26-2024, 02:06 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: Obviously you never know in the draft, but on the face of it. Really exciting pick that gives us a lot to look forward to, the draft equity they picked up was more than expected, so have to give props to baalke for that.

With how the board has fallen still some very good prospects at corner, be interesting to see if they trade up tonight for Kool-aid. If I was offered yesterday morning jags would get btj and kool-aid and an extra 3rd next year  id of snapped your hand off

was it?

I think everyone was considering an extra 2 to move off 17. You can sum up the picks on a value chart to say in the end 240>235 or whatever, but do we need or make good use of day 3 picks?

As I said before, the jury is still out to see what we do with the added ammo. If we stand pat, I think it's a fleecing. At present, I'm uneasy about the deal. We'll see if it pays off.

I don't believe in school superstition but we've had meh results from LSU. Hopefully this breaks that trend.

(04-26-2024, 07:52 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I don't believe in school superstition but we've had meh results from LSU. Hopefully this breaks that trend.
What about the tradition of LSU WRs?

(04-26-2024, 06:13 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 05:45 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Dude scored 17 TD last season, which is 1 every 4 catches. 6’4” and runs a 4.33 he will immediately be one of the fastest Jaguars in team history.

His 17 TD in a single-season is good for 3rd all-time in LSU History behind Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson, and MORE than Malik Nabers.

His 1,077 yards last year is good for 10th most in a single-season and LSU has produced some absolute studs at WR, they’ve had some dawgs come thru there.

Thomas will punish a smaller type CB. His routes can use some work but his hands are elite. If he breaks one, they won’t run him down. Bro is about to cause all kinds of problems for defenses.

Kirk and Zay Jones will benefit but most of all Trevor Lawrence.

It’s going to be more difficult for opponents to try to stop everything. There are some excellent options for Lawrence to choose from. Remember that injuries were a huge problem last season, so I would hang on to zay jones. He’s a good wide receiver and should be able to get lost in the mix when it comes to the defensive priorities making him even more dangerous a wide receiver. I really like all these wide receivers to go along with etn. Jags are stacked.

We said that about Rid, too. Negative runs and pressure/sacks made for plenty of punts in spite of our loaded receiver room.

We still got work to do.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:58 AM by snarkyguy_he_him_his. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 07:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 07:52 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: I don't believe in school superstition but we've had meh results from LSU. Hopefully this breaks that trend.
What about the tradition of LSU WRs?

Our franchise seems to take chicken salad and turn it into .... well you know.

Now that I think about it.. have we ever drafted a successful WR that stayed with the Jags?

Could break a lot of negative trends

(04-26-2024, 07:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We still have 48, 96, 114 and 116. These are great value picks and it wouldn't surprise me if Baalke combos up tonight to land a starting caliber Offensive Lineman.

Have faith.

I absolutely want to see aggression. TLaw is still cheap, temporarily, so get after it and get the talent now. This darft is way too deep at positions we need to sit around and wait for guys to fall to us.

We have the ammo, even more so now. Let's not be afraid to pull the trigger.

It’s no secret that I don’t like Baalke.

I have to give him props on this one. Apparently fleeced the Vikings (3030 in value vs 1500) and still got their guy. A WR who has some serious speed but most of all, fits what Trevor does well. You get BTJ running go balls on the outside with Kirk/Engram running the MOF.

Now, rounds 2-5 is where Baalke whiffs. He needs to hit on OL and CB. If he can somehow get JPJ or Bortolini and Zinter…. We cooking.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 08:47 AM by Caldrac.)

I trust Baalke will draft a CB and it will be a quality player. He has a good eye for this position.

He still has to, in my opinion, fully invest in the offensive line and defensive line. You have to add depth at 96, 114 and 116.

Failing to land fresh, quality rotational players there will kill us in 2024. There has to be a good LG and RG ready to go. There needs to be another swing tackle that can go.

There has to be somebody that can play EDGE and DT and challenge the entire room for a job. I am looking at players going into tomorrow already.

Give me a combination of Mason McCormick and Brandon Coleman on offense with maybe Gabe Hall on defense and ill feel beyond content with that.

Hopefully Javon Foster at OT is higher on their board as well. That guys ability to hold up well in play action plays in particular is intriguing.

If I see a LB, RB or TE taken tonight I will implode. We don't need anymore of that. Especially at 48 and 96.

He could draft CB, OL and DL the rest of the way and I simply will not complain for swinging for the fences there.

It's the most depth depleted areas on the team and it needs to be shored up this weekend. It can be done. It should be done. It must be done.

Baalkes best move as jags GM thus far. Adding 3 additional mid round picks and still gwtting the guy I wanted at 17. Bravo Trent.

Seems like solid pick with picks from the vikes to boot.
Like the optimism from most here.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson