Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:09 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Jaguars will be picking 48th overall in the 2nd round and 96th overall in the 3rd round. 

Round 2 starts at 7PM. 

I’d like to see a Dlineman in these next 2 rounds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Passed on CB in the first for an explosive WR. Still 1st Rd talent available in 2nd round at CB, however, so it could turn out to be a great decision to select WR where we did (and got extra picks, too). Looking at CBs available on Day 2: Kool-Aid McKinstry, Cooper DeJean, Max Melton, Ennis Rakestraw and TJ Tampa could all be day 1 starters opposite Campbell. I would consider trading up to 39 (Carolina) from 48 and give up picks 116 (4th) and 167 (5th) to grab Kool-Aid or Cooper.

I wouldn't trade up at all. I sit tight at 48. I am banking on one of the following three players being there:

1. Kris Jenkins - DT
2. Zach Frazier - OC
3. Cooper Bebee - OG

I would consider moving up from 114 and 116 to get a CB though. I think if they can land Khyree Jackson or Deantre Prince they'll go for it potentially.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:57 AM by jaglou53.)

(04-26-2024, 07:34 AM)JaxonJag24 Wrote: Passed on CB in the first for an explosive WR.  Still 1st Rd talent available in 2nd round at CB, however, so it could turn out to be a great decision to select WR where we did (and got extra picks, too).  Looking at CBs available on Day 2:  Kool-Aid McKinstry, Cooper DeJean, Max Melton, Ennis Rakestraw and TJ Tampa could all be day 1 starters opposite Campbell.  I would consider trading up to 39 (Carolina) from 48 and give up picks 116 (4th) and 167 (5th) to grab Kool-Aid or Cooper.

Ditto! Both have 1st round traits.

(04-26-2024, 07:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I wouldn't trade up at all. I sit tight at 48. I am banking on one of the following three players being there:

1. Kris Jenkins - DT
2. Zach Frazier - OC
3. Cooper Bebee - OG

I would consider moving up from 114 and 116 to get a CB though. I think if they can land Khyree Jackson or Deantre Prince they'll go for it potentially.

(04-26-2024, 07:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I wouldn't trade up at all. I sit tight at 48. I am banking on one of the following three players being there:

1. Kris Jenkins - DT
2. Zach Frazier - OC
3. Cooper Bebee - OG

This is definitely possible. A very good player should fall to 48. Trading up after that is a great idea so ideally they can add an offensive lineman like Frazier/Beebe/JPJ and corner (many options there).

Agree stat put. 15 picks in front of us. I could be excited about:

Dejean
Rakestraw
Tampa
Melton
Mckinstry

Newton
Okhorhoro
Jenkins

JPJ
Beebee
Frazier
Paul
Saumatia
Haynes

Plenty of available options staying put with all the QB craze in round 1. I would even consider the possibility of trading up into the bottom of the 2nd round or first half of the 3rd round.

1. Kris Jenkins - DT
2. Zach Frazier - OC
3. Cooper Bebee - OG

I like that a lot. Would opt for OL over DL if I were making the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Yeah, I want to see some aggression to move up from 96 at the very least.

Not sure if a move up from 48 is in the cards, but I think if we want to get younger and cheaper, this is prime time to act. We need to be equally as agressive in drafting as we tend to be in FA. Eventually them cap hits are gonna force us to be better about draft day than we are tampering weekend.

1. Kris Jenkins - DT
2. Zach Frazier - OC
3. Cooper Bebee - OG

Bebee or Frazier would be ideal

If we can hit on these picks 2-5, it's gonna be a magical year.
Still plenty of room left to upgrade the trenches , get some CBS, IDL and maybe cash in on a kicker at pick 7

I think you’ll see a trade up for Kool-Aid.

If the Jags walk away with BTJ and Kool-Aid….. I’ll zip it on Baalke for 2024.

(04-26-2024, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you’ll see a trade up for Kool-Aid.

If the Jags walk away with BTJ and Kool-Aid….. I’ll zip it on Baalke for 2024.

I’m wondering about a trade up today as well.

Yeah - anticipating a trade up myself to chase a CB

Praying 2 of the next three picks are trench players

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 10:46 AM by HardcoreMoJagFan.)

I don't think you have too. There is probably going to be a small run on WRs here as it dries up quicker than expected. Coleman, Walker, Mitchell, MacConkey.

I'm more of JPJ, Suamatua, Rakestraw, Melton are all their at 48 what do you do.

(04-26-2024, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - anticipating a trade up myself to chase a CB

Thinking if we trade up it will be in the 3rd round. move up from #96.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:09 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Jeff Prosser said earlier on 1010xl, the kings ransom that Baalke received from Minnesota was the 9th richest in NFL History.

Beede B. Thomas!

Martin Lawrence: Beede Beeee *taps back of neck

What does giving up 96 and our two fourth rounders equate too?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...and-3/amp/

This mock has us taking a FS with Dejean, McKinstry, and Newton still on the board. I would love the second round to fall like this, but with one of those three going to the Jaguars of course.

(04-26-2024, 12:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: What does giving up 96 and our two fourth rounders equate too?

Around Pick 69 or 70.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value...stTeam=jax

(04-26-2024, 10:57 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - anticipating a trade up myself to chase a CB

Thinking if we trade up it will be in the 3rd round. move up from #96.

I'd like that better, but my gut tells me our regime is itching to nab a player likely to go before our next pick

(04-26-2024, 12:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...and-3/amp/

This mock has us taking a FS with Dejean, McKinstry, and Newton still on the board. I would love the second round to fall like this, but with one of those three going to the Jaguars of course.
That would be very Baalke