Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

(04-26-2024, 12:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...and-3/amp/

This mock has us taking a FS with Dejean, McKinstry, and Newton still on the board. I would love the second round to fall like this, but with one of those three going to the Jaguars of course.
That would be very Baalke

How so? 

He's nailing this offseason so far filling the holes everyone has been screaming for - what is your reasoning for suggesting he'd take a free safety in round 2?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

JPJ round 2 would be nutty

(04-26-2024, 12:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news...and-3/amp/

This mock has us taking a FS with Dejean, McKinstry, and Newton still on the board. I would love the second round to fall like this, but with one of those three going to the Jaguars of course.

The thing about that mock is it nails the run on receivers that feels likely to be coming.   I believe we'll see those guys go early pushing some ol and definitely cbs down.

I think Dejean, Rakestraw, Melton will have a high chance of being there.

Fiske from fsu would be amazing in the 3rd round

(04-26-2024, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That would be very Baalke

How so? 

He's nailing this offseason so far filling the holes everyone has been screaming for - what is your reasoning for suggesting he'd take a free safety in round 2?
I think Baalke is good in round 1 and poor in rounds 2-5.

Strange, Bisby and Ventrell recent examples.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 01:18 PM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2024, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you’ll see a trade up for Kool-Aid.

If the Jags walk away with BTJ and Kool-Aid….. I’ll zip it on Baalke for 2024.

was just thinking about this...to get that high up, and likely in a bidding war, cost would be this year's and next year's two?

Do you sit still and wait for TJ Tampa to fit? Looks like there may be an early run on CB, there's a bunch of em available and they all have talent.

(04-26-2024, 10:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - anticipating a trade up myself to chase a CB

Praying 2 of the next three picks are trench players

I happened to see Sporting News did a day 2 mock and they have us going Ruke/McKinnley. I guess careful what you ask for? Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 01:20 PM by Jagulars.)

I'm looking at Braden Fiske and Ruke Orhorhoro at DT. Kingsley Suamataia and Cristian Haynes at OL. I'm thinking the WRs are going to start coming off the board in the top half as well as DBs.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 01:23 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you’ll see a trade up for Kool-Aid.

If the Jags walk away with BTJ and Kool-Aid….. I’ll zip it on Baalke for 2024.

Could we get you type #BaalkeMasterclass as well?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 01:36 PM by Mikey.)

(04-26-2024, 11:01 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jeff Prosser said earlier on 1010xl, the kings ransom that Baalke received from Minnesota was the 9th richest in NFL History.

Beede B. Thomas!

Martin Lawrence: Beede Beeee  *taps back of neck

I think this is based on the outdated Jimmy Johnson chart?

For that to be said, unless you really see value in day 3 selections, we didn't get substantial firepower in return for the move off of 17. Pick 23 worked out, regardless of anyone's arbitrary, numerical assessment of a draft pick's worth. If we do convert some or all of the net gain from the move into useful draft selections, only then would I say the trade is any way 'rich'.

(04-26-2024, 12:12 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:04 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: What does giving up 96 and our two fourth rounders equate too?

Around Pick 69 or 70.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value...stTeam=jax

NICE!

Big Grin

Braden Fiske vs Kris Jenkins

If the Jags are truly running a 4-2-5... They need another interior Dlinman that can beat his man. Sorry, but I put little value in Big Roy filling that role.

I know people are thinking corner...and if Kool Aid is on the board I'd agree, but I don't think he's going to be there. If not, then imo Brown is the Jags #3 CB and I'm ok with that this upcoming season.

What I'm not ok with is us expecting any of the interior Dlinmen we had last season (even D. Hamilton) to play better than they did last season. And Armstead didn't play every down for the 49ers so I'm not expecting him to do it with the Jags.

imo...Fiske or Jenkins would be better options THIS season on the dline. Which is better?
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-26-2024, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: How so? 

Would you say the questionable positional value compared to other roster needs is what primarily calls those still unproven picks questionable? 

If so, would you say there's a pretty good chance a GM who is mandated to collaborate with coaches is more likely to make such a decision based on the staff's perspective of positional need? 

I dislike ALL of those picks - two of them intensely - but the full context I'm viewing this through doesn't interpret those picks as "Baalke is bad in rounds 2-5" 

I think that's a gross oversimplification.

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...4zLZQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:02 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Let's hope for a run on WRs to start us off tonight.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 02:31 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan.)

(04-26-2024, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: How so? 

So your basis in this post is due to lack of immediate production.  Risky stance to take.

(04-26-2024, 02:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Let's hope for a run on WRs to start us off tonight.

Absolutely.  Would look great if we got in the run first, nabbed the best, then while others get caught zigging we zag back the way we need.

(04-26-2024, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 12:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think Baalke is good in round 1 and poor in rounds 2-5.

Would you say the questionable positional value compared to other roster needs is what primarily calls those still unproven picks questionable? 

If so, would you say there's a pretty good chance a GM who is mandated to collaborate with coaches is more likely to make such a decision based on the staff's perspective of positional need? 

I dislike ALL of those picks - two of them intensely - but the full context I'm viewing this through doesn't interpret those picks as "Baalke is bad in rounds 2-5" 

Taking a FS with those specific players mentioned still on the board is just like bypassing Torrence for Strange.

It’s also certainly positional value for me as well. A FS over DT and CB seems very strange if all are graded equally or at least close.

Let’s see how tonight plays out. If he continues to nail this draft, I have no problem at all typing out #BaalkeMasterclass.

I like his FA moves. I love the BTJ move and if he can nab Kool-Aid plus Bortolini tonight? He will have won me over.

(04-26-2024, 02:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Would you say the questionable positional value compared to other roster needs is what primarily calls those still unproven picks questionable? 

Taking a FS with those specific players mentioned still on the board is just like bypassing Torrence for Strange.
Agreed, But there was no way Pederson was taking a 340 pound guard for his super finesse ZBS. Was never gonna happen. It was a mistake not to take the player and adapt the scheme - but I bet he was never a consideration due to measurables. 

It’s also certainly positional value for me as well. A FS over DT and CB seems very strange if all are graded equally or at least close. Yeah, I think that mocker missed the mark there. 

Let’s see how tonight plays out. If he continues to nail this draft, I have no problem at all typing out #BaalkeMasterclass. 
Fair enough

I like his FA moves. I love the BTJ move and if he can nab Kool-Aid plus Bortolini tonight? He will have won me over.
comments in red

Would ove to trade up for DeJean, Kool-Aid, or Newton

Too much depth in the first four rounds for me to trade up unless it can be accomplished with 6th or 7th round attachment.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 03:42 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-26-2024, 01:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...4zLZQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Man, last night I kept hearing the Jaguars are trying to move up in round 1, but they did the exact opposite. Maybe go up and get a defensive starter tonight, hopefully one of the CBs you named earlier. 

Or maybe use some of that kings ransom to jump back in round 2 and get another starter, this time along that offensive line. Lot of options out there.

We’ve had some luck in round 2 at CB with guys like Tyson Campbell and Rashean Mathis. Heck throughout Jaguars History, we’ve always been pretty solid in round 2.

Best scenario for rounds 2 and 3 based on what the Jaguars should do:

1. Do NOT trade up if it requires giving up their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks. They can't afford to do this based on needs at OL, DL and cornerback.

2. Consider trading back in round 2 only after 8-10 picks have been made. This will depend on how many cornerbacks they have good grades on remain available at this time. If these players all have similar grades, wait until there is only one left. The cost would be minimal at that time. None of us know how many they might really like, but there's a good chance the list includes McKinstry, Rakestraw, Tampa, Melton, Jackson, DeJean and possibly Andru Phillips and Sainristill.

3.The only other player I'd trade up for is JPJ. If they can still keep their 3rd and one 4th, he'd be a fantastic pick. Definitely has pro bowl potential and could begin playing guard until Morse retires.

4. Following their 2nd round pick, they should move back up to the first half of round 3 to take either an offensive lineman ( if they don't get JPJ) or cornerback ( if they don't take one in round 2). Potential targets would be OL Haynes, Beebe, Fisher, Zinter, Mahogany, Bortolini, McCormick and Zinter or corners Jackson, Newton, Hart, Jones, King and Renardo Green. Only move up if one of these players clearly stand out at OL or corner..

5. Depending on the moves they make in these 2 rounds, they should still have at least 3 or 4 picks left to select developmental players on both lines.