Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

I think there are still 4 guys with 1st round grades. DeJean, Newton, Kool-Aid, JPJ. Id trade up for any of the 4.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gimmie Kool and Fiske
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Evening all. Just getting caught up with round 1 and the preview to day 2. As ever thanks to everyone for posting and the mix of views, makes for a much more involved feel for the evening for those of us keeping an eye on things from afar than just checking the draft tracker first thing in the morning and seeing the picks in list form. The board never let's us down  Smile
To add to the general discussion (and I appreciate some of these opinions have already been expressed by others) but...

1: Brian Thomas - happy. Not the flashiest pick Baalke could have made, but it's a pick with more and more upside the more you look at it. He clearly offers something else to our wide receiver room, and if the kid works out, his qualities should hopefully by proxy make Kirk, et al and their production next season better as well. Fair enough it's the same position, but improving two or three players with one pick hopefully. I can't knock that.

2: Personal preference but i always prefer picking players with production at college level. Appreciate front offices want to pick players with potential/ceiling/upside/room to improve etc ... Call it what you want, but there's a lot to be said for lads who just get the job done in my opinion. 17 touchdowns. Thumbs up! Fella, knows his way to the endzone! That'll do for me!

3: No problems with the trade. Think we've done well .... But then I thought we'd done well after day one last year and it all started to slide through the porthole. Ne-yan gets it right every time but making the same mistakes twice in a row is the sort of craic that gets folk fired. And in fairness the noises coming out are pretty positive, and sound like they took on board what happened last year ... So hoping for a good day 2!

4: Again still personal preference but we've enough developmental prospects from last years draft and hopefully a useful UDFA or two this year..Personally I'd be throwing everything we've got in rounds 5-7 and trying to get up into rounds 3/4 to try and find the odd starter there.

5: One or two obvious positions of need still to address, a cornerback especially would be nice but if it doesn't fall our way ... If in doubt ... Draft a big man!

6: Christ on a bike but if we draft a RB in round 3 I'll be mailing out bleach!

Enjoy the night guys and gals, and here's hoping Trent drafts like the second coming of Ozzie Newsome!

Heard Trent is salivating over some LBs in the 2nd round that may fall to him.

(04-26-2024, 04:21 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Heard Trent is salivating over some LBs in the 2nd round that may fall to him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-26-2024, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would ove to trade up for DeJean, Kool-Aid, or Newton

Hopefully they fall a bit behind a WR run.  To jump up to the first few picks in the 2nd round is going to require our 3rd OR both of our 4ths.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 04:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 04:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Would ove to trade up for DeJean, Kool-Aid, or Newton

Hopefully they fall a bit behind a WR run.  To jump up to the first few picks in the 2nd round is going to require our 3rd OR both of our 4ths.

We have 2 4ths this year and 2 4ths next year.  Id give 48 and 2 4ths, 1 this year and one next year if we can get DeJean or Newton

Sometimes you just need a bit of luck... But DeJean especially feels like a long shot!I

But if we get that luck and there's a Round 1 calibre player within reach ... Would love to see Trent have a dash at it!

(04-26-2024, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Hopefully they fall a bit behind a WR run.  To jump up to the first few picks in the 2nd round is going to require our 3rd OR both of our 4ths.

We have 2 4ths this year and 2 4ths next year.  Id give 48 and 2 4ths, 1 this year and one next year if we can get DeJean or Newton

I'd absolutely give #48 with one 4th this year and another 4th next year to move up.

My potential targets to move up in the second round would be Kool-Aid, DeJean, JPJ, and Fiske. Would also love Beebe who I think could be there at 48.

(04-26-2024, 04:21 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Heard Trent is salivating over some LBs in the 2nd round that may fall to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 05:02 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some team is going to get a steal in Payton Wilson in the 2nd

(04-26-2024, 04:53 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have 2 4ths this year and 2 4ths next year.  Id give 48 and 2 4ths, 1 this year and one next year if we can get DeJean or Newton

I'd absolutely give #48 with one 4th this year and another 4th next year to move up.

My potential targets to move up in the second round would be Kool-Aid, DeJean, JPJ, and Fiske. Would also love Beebe who I think could be there at 48.

Would love to see on passing downs or any down really.  I think this would be the best Jags dline of all time.

Allen - Newton - Armstead - Walker

(04-26-2024, 05:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some team is going to get a steal in Payton Wilson in the 2nd

As long as it's not us I don't care who gets that steal.

I’m in on Kool-Aid, Newton and the OL but someone fill me in on Maason Smith. Apparently Jags have serious interest

(04-26-2024, 05:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m in on Kool-Aid, Newton and the OL but someone fill me in on Maason Smith. Apparently Jags have serious interest

Not a fan of Mason Smith. Dealt with injuries and mediocre against the run. Aside from his hands being smaller than expected, sounds like a Baalke guy.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 05:35 PM by cat bells. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-26-2024, 05:01 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 05:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Some team is going to get a steal in Payton Wilson in the 2nd

As long as it's not us I don't care who gets that steal.

I haven't a [BLEEP] clue who Payton Wilson is ... But if he's a inside linebacker or a running back, then I do ... Hopefully, whoevers picking one spot in front of us! 

Let them have at it!

(04-26-2024, 05:34 PM)cat bells Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 05:01 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: As long as it's not us I don't care who gets that steal.

I haven't a [BLEEP] clue who Payton Wilson is ... But if he's a inside linebacker or a running back, then I do ... Hopefully, whoevers picking one spot in front of us! 

Let them have at it!

He won the Butkus Award and runs a 4.43 at 233 lbs.  Tackling machine and good in coverage. I think he will be a Pro Bowl LB

(04-26-2024, 05:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m in on Kool-Aid, Newton and the OL but someone fill me in on Maason Smith. Apparently Jags have serious interest

He is your boom or bust pick at DT imo.  Great measurables but really wasnt that productive. Hes built like Chris Jones at 6'5" .  Raw with very high upside.  Matt House, our LB coach was LSU DC so he knows him well.  If we do want Smith hopefully its in the 3rd and not at 48

Today is where Baalke can win the draft. He needs to trade up and get one of this future All Pros

(04-26-2024, 06:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Today is where Baalke can win the draft.  He needs to trade up and get one of this future All Pros

lol, who are the future all pros? You should be a GM.

(04-26-2024, 03:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think there are still 4 guys with 1st round grades.  DeJean, Newton, Kool-Aid, JPJ.  Id trade up for any of the 4.

Yesss sir

Give me any of these