Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

Here we go!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:12 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

Various thoughts:

1.  I see cornerback as our biggest need.  I would love it if we could get DeJean or Kool-Aid.  Many had them projected as first rounders.  Some had us taking them at #17 overall.  Although most disagree, Mel Kiper even had DeJean as the best cornerback in the entire draft.  Someone mentioned trading a 4th and 5th for one of them.  If someone would take that offer, I would accept.

2.  After cornerback, I see defensive tackle as our biggest need.  It's followed by inside offensive line and edge.  If no trades occur, I'm hoping we get CB, DT, IOL and Edge with our 2nd, 3rd and two 4th round picks.  I also think we need a kicker, but that's something we can take later in the draft.

3.  I'm hoping for a big run at wide receiver at the top of the second round.  It will help our need positions fall to us.

4.  I care very little about our 5th through 7th round picks.  Other than maybe keeping a late pick for a kicker, I hope we use them to trade up.  We had a bunch of Day 3 picks last year.  We need to give them one more year to see if they develop.  We actually have pretty good depth at most positions.  I'm not sure many of our picks taken in those late rounds would even make the team and if they did, they likely would be minimal upgrades at a third string roster spots that wouldn't likely get much playing time anyway.  We need more quality, not quantity.

5.  I do think Baalke is looking to trade up.  He basically said it without saying it at last night's press conference.  It could be a bluff, but the way it came up, I don't think so.  They held off giving their press conference until after the first round was over.  I do think that's a sign that they were at least open to a trade up into the late first round.

6.  I'm hoping Baalke doesn't piss me off with a "strange" pick this year.  I'm no fan of Baalke, but fair is fair.  I liked Day 1, but he often does well on Day 1 of the draft.  We need him to do well on Day 2 and 3 this year for a change.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:10 PM by nhiverson. Edited 1 time in total.)

DL/OL
CB later for me even if not picked wouldn't be mad.
No Fun

Kinda weird takes his second and third round picks here have been.

Campbell, little, Cisco
Fortner and muma
Strange and bigsby

Campbell has been pretty awesome. Every one of them is still on the roster.

(04-26-2024, 07:12 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Kinda weird takes his second and third round picks here have been.

Campbell, little, Cisco
Fortner and muma
Strange and bigsby

Campbell has been pretty awesome.  Every one of them is still on the roster.

This season is huge for Campbell and Cisco to me they need to be a lot better.
No Fun

Won't disagree he hasn't gotten quick pro bowlers but they haven't all been horrendous. Strange and Bigsby remain to early to call.

I like that pick for Bills.
No Fun

Bills got a weapon
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

First WR. Gonna be 3-4 more here soon.

Chargers traded up for presumably a WR.

Wow Coleman so early

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 07:24 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-26-2024, 07:12 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Kinda weird takes his second and third round picks here have been.

Campbell, little, Cisco
Fortner and muma
Strange and bigsby

Campbell was literally the first pick in the second round (#33 overall).  He was all but a first rounder.  If you look at Baalke's record with the Jaguars when he drafts later than #33 overall, it's not good.  I'll give him credit for Cisco, but I don't like the production we've gotten so far out of Little, Fortner, Muma, Strange and Bigsby.

McConkey selected by the Chargers.

He'll definitely work the short/intermediate routes nicely for Herbert.

Keep taking those WRs! Good for us.

(04-26-2024, 07:20 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

Campbell, little, Cisco
Fortner and muma
Strange and bigsby

Campbell was literally the first pick in the second round (#33 overall).  He was all but a first rounder.  If you look at Baalke's record with the Jaguars when he drafts later than #33 overall or later, it's not good.  I'll give him credit for Cisco, but I don't like the production we've gotten so far out of Little, Fortner, Muma, Strange and Bigsby.

Even including Bigsby and Strange in this just [BLEEP] is weird

OK to be disappointed in their rookie year, but both could be all pro in year 3 for all we know now

(04-26-2024, 07:22 PM)enigma Wrote: McConkey selected by the Chargers.

He'll definitely work the short/intermediate routes nicely for Herbert.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

WRs coming off now

(04-26-2024, 07:19 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Wow Coleman so early
The only reason he wasn't a top pick is his 40 time. He is a big WR that is quick more than fast and wins 50/50 balls. He's proven it on the field, which is better than selecting someone because they ran on the track.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

That is a tongue twister

Sounds like something Scooby would say
[Image: SaKG4.gif]