Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Jags new DT Maason Smith!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 12:03 AM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 3 times in total.)

I am kinda torn on how I feel about the pick. On one hand, , one can never have enough big men. I am an old school thinker in believing games are won in the trenches. This guy has Chris Jones size but is a work in progress. Limited playing time and a major injury. Could become a monster but just potential at this point. 

On the other hand, this team needs to protect Lawrence. Also a big hole at cb. I felt this pick could of been used elsewhere.

C IMO for what it's worth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Head-scratching selection for me with the value at the pick. Not a fan of the selection especially with other higher rated players available at OL, CB, and even DT.

Hope he proves me wrong though. He's going to have EVERY opportunity to be the impactful player that Baalke must have seen in him with Josh Allen, Travon Walker and Arik Armstead flanking him.

Truly the biggest boom or bust player in this draft. I don't know if I hate it. Just not sure I understand the process there.

23 pressures last year coming off an ACL the prior year is nothing to sneeze at. That shows somebody on the up and up in my opinion.

I just worry if we should have went CB or OL there instead but the run at DT happened. I get it on paper. Would really like to see Baalke move up here soon though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Pleasedontbust

(04-26-2024, 09:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Truly the biggest boom or bust player in this draft. I don't know if I hate it. Just not sure I understand the process there.

23 pressures last year coming off an ACL the prior year is nothing to sneeze at. That shows somebody on the up and up in my opinion.

I just worry if we should have went CB or OL there instead but the run at DT happened. I get it on paper. Would really like to see Baalke move up here soon though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if it’s boom or bust. I think he has a decent floor with his athleticism and length.

His ceiling is obscene though. After Nashville I’m all aboard beefing up the front.

Great traits return-to-heath upside pick for the 4th round....oops, 2nd round....major reach for the production and risk.

*Insert fake hype noises*

He has the size we desperately needed on the interior line with huge upside.

I love the pick.

I just need him to be better than Roy Robertson Harris. That's my low bar, which he should be able to exceed.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

*Insert ACL joke*
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(04-26-2024, 10:29 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: I just need him to be better than Roy Robertson Harris.    That's my low bar, which he should be able to exceed.

He is 25 lbs bigger. He will have a different type of impact on the Dline than Robertson-Harris.

He has the size to take on blocks that can possibly free up Robertson-Harris to become an interior pass rusher. He was a nightmare to offenses in late 2022.

We now have bulk and depth in the middle.

(04-26-2024, 10:29 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: I just need him to be better than Roy Robertson Harris.    That's my low bar, which he should be able to exceed.

Terrible take because Big Roy is a good player lol.

(04-26-2024, 10:48 PM)Predator Wrote:

He is 25 lbs bigger. He will have a different type of impact on the Dline than Robertson-Harris.

He has the size to take on blocks that can possibly free up Robertson-Harris to become an interior pass rusher. He was a nightmare to offenses in late 2022.

We now have bulk and depth in the middle.

He's a good addition. Once he gets NFL strong, he'll be a force. I'm satisfied with the pick.

This guy will not bust. He will be a monster for us in the trenches. We needed to get stronger there. He is the classic Baalke pick, with an ACL recovery. However, eventually one of these picks will work out, and this guy is it.

Fingers crossed for the guy!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-26-2024, 10:52 PM)Newton Wrote: This guy will not bust. He will be a monster for us in the trenches. We needed to get stronger there. He is the classic Baalke pick, with an ACL recovery. However, eventually one of these picks will work out, and this guy is it.

He's gonna be in the best scenario possible having Armstead, Walker, and Allen playing alongside him.

He better be it.

(04-26-2024, 11:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...0756550887
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1784048768586797260

I like it! Fans will have to be patient as he is pretty inexperienced, but he could become a force after his rookie season.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 01:01 AM by jj82284. Edited 1 time in total.)

No acl recovery and he's not there at 48. That's the nature of things. That size length and quickness is usually a 1st round set if traits.