Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Jags new DT Maason Smith!

For anybody that isn’t happy with the Maason Smith pick, he will be just the 3rd defensive player on the roster that weighs 300 pounds or more. Hamilton, Blackson, and Smith are the only players in that 300+ range.

Chaisson, no longer here, but was 245 pounds
Abdullah is 234 pounds
Gostis 291 pounds
Lacy 285 pounds
Armstead 280 pounds
Walker 271 pounds
Allen 255 pounds
Robertson-Harris 290 pounds
Ledbetter is no longer here but was 300

Behind Walker and Allen, you’re getting hardly anything in the Sack/QB Pressure department. Walker and Allen combined for 27.5 sacks, but the rest of the entire Dline combined to produce just 7.5 sacks, and I didn’t waste my time looking up QB pressures and QB hits.

Chaisson is gone, Ledbetter is gone, Fatukasi is gone, Smoot is not under contract for the 2024 season, and Gostis is in the final year of his contract.

Maason Smith fills a huge need along that defensive front and he can play DT and DE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty sure i saw Baalke earlier this week shopping at a scratch and dent appliance store.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

They massively needed to beef up the d line, I admittedly know little about him or most draft picks, but the assistant gm said immediately after, he has the traits and length that Ryan Nielsen wants in his dts, which is important !

As for corner, I expected us to trade up for one and would have been happy to, but as many people have said. You have a disruptive d line. And every corner on your roster instantly gets better

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 03:16 AM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Big upside, lots of potential to grow and be really good, maybe not the dominant player we want but reliable depth would still make it a good pick. If the new coordinator wanted him, good pick.

I wonder if this says anything about how they feel about Davon Hamilton.

(04-27-2024, 03:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if this says anything about how they feel about Davon Hamilton.

No way. You need more than one big guy to have an effective DL rotation.

Big guys don't have the stamina to play a ton of snaps. He will allow Hamilton to get the breathers he will need to stay effective the whole game without having to play a small front, plus he can add size with Hamilton in short yard situations.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 05:32 AM by Jag88. Edited 4 times in total.)

(04-26-2024, 09:46 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Pleasedontbust

That’s what she said.

Hopefully he can learn from Allen and Armstead. Also I like how Maason is excited to be a jag just like the 3rd selection (DB) jones. I watched their introductory press conferences and was impressed.

Few chiefs fans were upset they didn’t get him. Said he reminded of Chris Jones before Chris Jones was Chris Jones.

(04-27-2024, 06:45 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Few chiefs fans were upset they didn’t get him. Said he reminded of Chris Jones before Chris Jones was Chris Jones.

Exactly.  He got a sack against Florida lined up as a strong side DE.  He has top ten traits and git slowed down by an injury.  That length that quickness, and that frame are usually gone middle of round 1.  The risk is why we got him @ 48.  He comes into a great situation where he has Armstead to learn from and will be part of a rotation that will allow him to grow into the league and light a fire under him to fight for every rep.

we will need a strong stout defense when we go up againest elite qbs like cj  stroud  mahomes ,and all of the other elite qbs.    Trevor is looking more like a game manger qb at this point so its up to our defense to stop other offensses.  I'm glad jags took a 

defenseive player.   I thought at first last night we were trying to be the LSU Jaguars takeing back to back players from LSU.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(04-27-2024, 07:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we will need a strong stout defense when we go up againest elite qbs like cj  stroud  mahomes ,and all of the other elite qbs.    Trevor is looking more like a game manger qb at this point so its up to our defense to stop other offensses.  I'm glad jags took a 

defenseive player.   I thought at first last night we were trying to be the LSU Jaguars takeing back to back players from LSU.

So since you say Lawrence is a ‘game manager’, explain to me what you think that means.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-27-2024, 07:35 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we will need a strong stout defense when we go up againest elite qbs like cj  stroud  mahomes ,and all of the other elite qbs.    Trevor is looking more like a game manger qb at this point so its up to our defense to stop other offensses.  I'm glad jags took a 

Man, can't wait to see you walk a lot of stuff back this year. There's a golden rule in the NFL.

Never, ever doubt a QB's abilities during a contract year.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lol for those thinking it’s a contract year for Trevor.

(04-27-2024, 08:42 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Lol for those thinking it’s a contract year for Trevor.
It is. It's year four. If he doesn't ball out this year his bargain chips are gone at the table.

They're already talking to him about it. Confirmed by Baalke and Lawrence this month...

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Man, can't wait to see you walk a lot of stuff back this year. There's a golden rule in the NFL.

If he can remain upright. I just don't have faith in this offensive line doing that.

(04-27-2024, 08:45 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 08:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Man, can't wait to see you walk a lot of stuff back this year. There's a golden rule in the NFL.

If he can remain upright. I just don't have faith in this offensive line doing that.
We'll see. They pinned the blame on Fortner more than anybody. I think in a few hours though they lean towards Javon Foster as a solid OT to develop and Mason McCormick as a solid OG to develop.

A few other names to watch. Tanor Bortolini at OC/OG and then Javion Cohen at OG. Either way, if they don't double dip at OL today there's something wrong with that front office.

(04-27-2024, 08:53 AM)JiggyJagStar Wrote: Ummmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYcs5fUpjWo
That's 3 years ago. He's since grown in size, strength and build. Good stuff.

(04-27-2024, 08:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 08:45 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: If he can remain upright. I just don't have faith in this offensive line doing that.
We'll see. They pinned the blame on Fortner more than anybody. I think in a few hours though they lean towards Javon Foster as a solid OT to develop and Mason McCormick as a solid OG to develop.

A few other names to watch. Tanor Bortolini at OC/OG and then Javion Cohen at OG. Either way, if they don't double dip at OL today there's something wrong with that front office.

Give me someone with G/C versatility like Bortolini.  This means he'll probably go in the 13 picks prior to ours.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 09:03 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jenkins went the following pick. Hopefully they picked the right DT. The mini hands are odd on a player that size. He has Chris Jones's size but Jones has 10.75" hands while Smith has 8.5" hands. Hopefully his mini hands won't make a difference