Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Welcome Jags nickle back Jarrian Jones

(04-27-2024, 10:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 10:57 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I remember this, but forget who it was?

CJ Henderson

Well that explains his tenure here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love the passion. Last guy that I saw that was so excited was Chris Claybrooks. I will be rooting for this young man.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I am honestly excited about this guy. Think he's going to offer immediate impact and we need him in this division.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 10:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 10:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: #BaalkeMasterclass like OR "ok, he's got the gas on and the pan is warming up, but he ain't cookin' yet" like?
Hahaha

Not a MasterClass but I do like it. 

On the fence about Maason Smith but can’t say I like it or dislike it because I don’t know the player that well.

If he addresses OL with 114 and 116 with McCormick and Bortolini. I’ll call him Hibachi because he’s straight cookin in front of my eyes.

Yea, Bortolini noodles with some Mccormick brand cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Lunch is served soon boys.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 04:39 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

I couldn't be more excited for this young man!!

Go Noles!!

Go Jags!!

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/17842...hC9yg&s=19
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-27-2024, 12:30 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 12:21 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: One of the better press CBs in the country and will give the Jaguars some competition at that position.

I saw where Doug “envisions” Jones as a day 1 starter, just like I envisioned a million bucks. Good pick though, I think he will be solid.

No Doug said he sees Jones starting out inside from day 1, aka working at Nickel DB (even though they think he can play outside as well). Not that he would be the starter from day 1. He'll be competing with Savage for the inside DB spot.

No, he said he “envisions.” I crossed my wires up on the day 1 inside vs day 1 starter.

This is my favorite pick of the class. Supberb ball skills. Good coverage. Think he's nickel all the way by mid season.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:50 PM by enigma.)

Like Caldrac, Jarrian is my favorite pick of this draft class.

Kid is a ballhawk and plays with an edge and exudes swag. It wouldn't surprise me if he becomes one of the vocal leaders of our team. Players rally around the type of teammate he is.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I agree with yall. My favorite pick of the draft. I had him as my 5th best corner and we got him at the end of the 3rd. Great pick

(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This is my favorite pick of the class. Supberb ball skills. Good coverage. Think he's nickel all the way by mid season.

Remember when you asked me for my top 5 corner list? Had Jones at 5

(04-27-2024, 06:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree with yall. My favorite pick of the draft. I had him as my 5th best corner and we got him at the end of the 3rd. Great pick

(04-27-2024, 06:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This is my favorite pick of the class. Supberb ball skills. Good coverage. Think he's nickel all the way by mid season.

Remember when you asked me for my top 5 corner list? Had Jones at 5
Yep. Good call. The way the Rams were drafting. They probably had him on their radar as well.

Compare his measurables to L'Jarius Sneed's.

Not saying that will be his level...but L'Jarius went in the 4th round...and just signed a 75 million contract with the Titans.

Like the pick a lot. Tyson and Darby on the outside...Jones on the inside.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

The reason the pick is a stretch is he doesn't grade out as an outside DB. He is a starter inside but do you draft nickle only CBs in the 3rd round.

With the QBs and WRs the Jags will face in the division, it's more important than in the past. Hopefully will have the NB spot locked down for 4 years and maybe grow into an outside CB.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(04-28-2024, 05:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The reason the pick is a stretch is he doesn't grade out as an outside DB. He is a starter inside but do you draft nickle only CBs in the 3rd round.

With the QBs and WRs the Jags will face in the division, it's more important than in the past. Hopefully will have the NB spot locked down for 4 years and maybe grow into an outside CB.

The nickel corner is pretty much a starter now days.  You have to have a good slot corner

(04-28-2024, 05:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The reason the pick is a stretch is he doesn't grade out as an outside DB. He is a starter inside but do you draft nickle only CBs in the 3rd round.

Our new DC ran 5 DBs on 95% of their snaps last year in ATL.

He's a valued starter if he wins the nickel spot. 
(for a team that has needed a good nickel for YEARS)

(04-28-2024, 05:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

The nickel corner is pretty much a starter now days.  You have to have a good slot corner
(04-28-2024, 05:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Agreed but the draft experts haven't caught up yet. He is cheap for 4 years and either stays cheaper or becomes an outside CB and is expensive. His draft grade was in the 40s, same as the other CB selected much later. The NFL needs to separate CB from NB as they require different skills and even top CBs can struggle inside.

(04-27-2024, 04:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I couldn't be more excited for this young man!!

Go Noles!!

Go Jags!!

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/17842...hC9yg&s=19

Very exciting! It’s amazing to have a lifelong dream come true.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 08:46 AM by Mikey.)

(04-27-2024, 08:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: In my experience, when you have someone that shows that much gratefulness, you got a worker..

IMO that's exactly the type of guy that fits at nickel. Gonna bust their rump every down, make plays and get back to work. You need those guys just as much as you need the swagger guys.

(04-27-2024, 10:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 10:13 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: #BaalkeMasterclass like OR "ok, he's got the gas on and the pan is warming up, but he ain't cookin' yet" like?
Hahaha

Not a MasterClass but I do like it. 

On the fence about Maason Smith but can’t say I like it or dislike it because I don’t know the player that well.

If he addresses OL with 114 and 116 with McCormick and Bortolini. I’ll call him Hibachi because he’s straight cookin in front of my eyes.

....and this is why I wanted to shoot my TV midday Saturday.

(04-28-2024, 05:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Been saying this for a bit now, it's pretty clear we'll be in nickel most of the time. The biggest thing is that means we have to stop the run with the front 4, hence the extra draft capital spent there this year. If the group of Allen, Hamilton, Smith, Walker, RRH, and Jefferson can control the line and get some middle pocket pressure then this defense will be much improved.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’m drinking all the teal drank the jags are serving. I’m super excited. We need to take the south back and shut them Texans up.