Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MOVIES

Turner Classic Movies showed the director's cut of Apocalypse Now which has scenes cut from the original release. One being where the boat crew encounter a French family of plantation owners fighting to keep their land from the communists. Captain Willard smokes opium and has carnal relations with a pretty widowed woman in the bunch.

Such a fantastic movie. There were so many good actors. Marlon Brando playing Colonel Kurtz was incredible. Coppola knows his stuff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2024, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Turner Classic Movies showed the director's cut of Apocalypse Now which has scenes cut from the original release. One being where the boat crew encounter a French family of plantation owners fighting to keep their land from the communists. Captain Willard smokes opium and has carnal relations with a pretty widowed woman in the bunch.

Such a fantastic movie. There were so many good actors. Marlon Brando playing Colonel Kurtz was incredible. Coppola knows his stuff.

One of Peta's favorite movies lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Watched a couple of really good ones the last couple of weeks..

We watched this one called The Florida Project.. The movie is based in Orlando and about a single meth-type mother with like a 6 year old girl, living in a hotel room.. Pretty heartbreaking, but really good I thought.

Finally got around to watching The Trial of The Chicago 7.. Became one of my recent favorites!!

More recently, we saw one called The Devil all the Time.. Great movie!! Pretty wild!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 05:48 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-30-2024, 06:25 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 06:15 PM)Sammy Wrote: Very good movie. I've watched it twice ... I was too drunk the first time. I think?

Look what the cat dragged in!

Welcome back Sammy.  I still stand by you on your claims of innocence and hope the Innocence Project will continue their support to claim some compensation from the State of Indiana and clean your record.

(04-29-2024, 08:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We watched this one called The Florida Project.. The movie is based in Orlando and about a single meth-type mother with like a 6 year old girl, living in a hotel room.. Pretty heartbreaking, but really good I thought.

I had that one on my watchlist for about a year now and continually pass on it as I can't bring myself to tear jerkers after watching Terms of Endearment and City of Angels years ago...

[Image: 438109190-416602377820867-2598900533613102575-n.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Long plane flights are great places to see movies. The other day, I saw The Beekeeper, starring Jason Statham. It's pure Jason Statham, with all the stuff you like if you like Jason Statham. I liked it.

(05-14-2024, 05:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Long plane flights are great places to see movies.  The other day, I saw The Beekeeper, starring Jason Statham.  It's pure Jason Statham, with all the stuff you like if you like Jason Statham.  I liked it.

A long plane flight is how I discovered a little known Coen brothers film called A Serious Man. It’s an outstanding movie, but I’m also a big Coen brothers fan. Their sense of humor and drama resonates with me.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2024, 10:26 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(05-14-2024, 08:11 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 05:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Long plane flights are great places to see movies.  The other day, I saw The Beekeeper, starring Jason Statham.  It's pure Jason Statham, with all the stuff you like if you like Jason Statham.  I liked it.

A long plane flight is how I discovered a little known Coen brothers film called A Serious Man. It’s an outstanding movie, but I’m also a big Coen brothers fan. Their sense of humor and drama resonates with me.

I'm a huge Coen brothers fan, too.  Fargo, Raising Arizona, True Grit, No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading, and on and on.  

I had a cold the last few days, and my voice got so deep I could do that line, "What business is it of yours where I come from... friendo."  Just like Javier Bardem.

An underrated Coen Brothers movie is The Man Who Wasn't There.  The way they shot it in black and white is very striking.

We watched a movie called Annihilation. I hadn’t been aware of it before seeing some previews. It’s pretty trippy, definitely not a typical science fiction flick.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I watched 42 a couple of nights ago. The story of how Jackie Robinson came to be on the Brooklyn Dodgers team. Chadwick Boseman played Robinson and did an outstanding job. As Robinson I can't say, but with the racism the black community had to deal with back then and the movie not pulling any punches Boseman did a stellar job. 

It was a really good movie.