Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I don't get this.  Perhaps someone can explain it to me.  For nearly two decades, the U.S. Army has provided an honor guard for an Independence Day celebration at a Baptist church that predates the founding of the nation. But this year – that tradition has come to an end.

Yet, they have no problem providing an honor guard for a "gay pride" celebration.

As a veteran I must ask, what the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is happening to our military and driving this kind of "pc" policy?

NOBODY CARES
Quote:NOBODY CARES

That is a very dangerous and potentially vital assumption.  Once you have a military that determines that being "PC" is an important thing, you've lost.
Quote:That is a very dangerous and potentially vital assumption. Once you have a military that determines that being "PC" is an important thing, you've lost.

Oface believes that if you disagree with him you're a nobody.
You'll have to excuse me if I wait to hear it from someone other than Todd Starnes.  You know what they say about the boy who cried wolf?

Quote:I don't get this. Perhaps someone can explain it to me. For nearly two decades, the U.S. Army has provided an honor guard for an Independence Day celebration at a Baptist church that predates the founding of the nation. But this year – <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/09/army-refuses-to-provide-honor-guard-for-church-s-july-4th-celebration.html'>that tradition has come to an end.</a>

Yet, they have no problem providing an honor guard for a "<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/us-armed-forces-color-guard-to-march-in-gay-pride-parade-in-dc-called-a-first-nationwide/2014/06/05/32955202-ec26-11e3-b98c-72cef4a00499_story.html'>gay pride</a>" celebration.

As a veteran I must ask, what the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is happening to our military and driving this kind of "pc" policy?
Stop providing military anything for civilian anything. We good now?

Baptism is a religion. Homosexuality is not. Next question.

Quote:Baptism is a religion. Homosexuality is not. Next question.

The celebration is at a location not a service. Churches hold non-religious and non-affiliated events at their facilities all the time, its a source of income that keep many of them afloat.

And the military budget cut many of these types of community events. Hell, they even grounded the Blue Angels for awhile. This isn't that big a deal.

And "baptism" is an ordinance, not a religion.

/end of religious-like typing for fear of retribution 

That is an incredibly dangerous precedent to make.
Quote:That is an incredibly dangerous precedent to make.

Its also true
Todd Starnes is regularly selling readers on a 'war on Christianity'.  Often using misleading stories that don't tell the whole story. He undermines any attempts to address real issues.  He's purposely deceptive in order to rile up the base and get page hits.  And of course people buy into it and jump into outrage.  It's confirmation bias.  And anyone who hasn't seen him do this (and profit off of it with his book sales) probably wouldn't know that you couldn't trust him.  Hopefully people are starting to catch on to him.  

Quote:Todd Starnes is regularly selling readers on a 'war on Christianity'.  Often using misleading stories that don't tell the whole story. He undermines any attempts to address real issues.  He's purposely deceptive in order to rile up the base and get page hits.  And of course people buy into it and jump into outrage.  It's confirmation bias.  And anyone who hasn't seen him do this (and profit off of it with his book sales) probably wouldn't know that you couldn't trust him.  Hopefully people are starting to catch on to him.  

If you're right, don't just post an ad hom. Tell us the whole story. How was he deceptive?

Quote:If you're right, don't just post an ad hom. Tell us the whole story. How was he deceptive?

It's not an Ad Hom fallacy.  His credibility is questionable.  The fact is, we don't know the whole story.  How could we?  Starnes is the only one reporting it.  Fort Gordon doesn't have an official response that can be found online yet (which is Starnes modus operandi)   But given his past reporting leaving out key details, I don't see any reason to just buy into what he's selling.  

To read more: 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/fox-ne...er-111872/
Quote:It's not an Ad Hom fallacy.  His credibility is questionable.  The fact is, we don't know the whole story.  How could we?  Starnes is the only one reporting it.  Fort Gordon doesn't have an official response that can be found online yet (which is Starnes modus operandi)   But given his past reporting leaving out key details, I don't see any reason to just buy into what he's selling.  

To read more: 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/fox-ne...er-111872/

I never claimed it was a fallacy, and it's certainly possible that a known liar would be telling another lie. But even Satan can tell the truth on occasion.

Quote:I never claimed it was a fallacy, and it's certainly possible that a known liar would be telling another lie. But even Satan can tell the truth on occasion.

Sure, but I still think it's better to wait for the full story when it comes to people who in the past have exaggerated claims and left out details. I mean if Brian Williams reported another story on the war and how he was in it, wouldn't you want to hear it from someone else before believing it?
Quote:I never claimed it was a fallacy, and it's certainly possible that a known liar would be telling another lie. But even Satan can tell the truth on occasion.

Quote:Sure, but I still think it's better to wait for the full story when it comes to people who in the past have exaggerated claims and left out details. I mean if Brian Williams reported another story on the war and how he was in it, wouldn't you want to hear it from someone else before believing it?

Especially Satan. Wonder who has actually heard from ol Beelzebub lately?
Quote:Especially Satan. Wonder who has actually heard from ol Beelzebub lately?

Not me, I haven't heard from my ex-wife in years.
It certainly seems to be to some.
Quote:It certainly seems to be to some.
explain?
Quote:explain?
Seems self explanatory to me. The fanatical LGBT community has made sure everyone in the world knows just how 'right' they are about who they are and how they live and shoves it down everyone's throat. Much like fanatical religious folks. To many, the LGBT way, for lack of a better way to put it, has become its own 'religion'.

And don't mistake my use of the word religion for Christianity or Judaism or any religious group. IMO a religious group and religion itself are two different things.

And there is a difference between the fanatical LGBT folks and those LGBT folks who are just living life without all of the drama and hoopla. I respect the second group much more because they're doing what the rest of us do- live life one day at a time. There is a way to get your point across without alienating people, and that goes for any group of people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4