Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags weakest part of team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

raweyejag

Now that OTA's have started and we have had a look at rookies. I know It is early and hard to tell in shorts but IMO it is safety.
QB
Quote:Now that OTA's have started and we have had a look at rookies. I know It is early and hard to tell in shorts but IMO it is safety.

Maybe it's hard to tell because we haven't been able to see anything?
Quote:QB
go away troll
OC

the message board

Quote:Now that OTA's have started and we have had a look at rookies. I know It is early and hard to tell in shorts but IMO it is safety.

On paper the Jaguars don't have a lot of weaknesses’, David Caldwell and his staff has done a remarkable job of turning the roster over, infusing it with veteran and young talent. In my humble opinion the receiving core could use a "lid lifter", a guy that can blow the top off any coverage with pure speed; I was hoping we'd snag Tyler Lockett in the 3rd round but AJ Cann was arguably the best guard in the draft and was still on the board, too much value to pass on a guy that has the potential to turn into a pro bowl caliber mauling guard.

Until this team wins more than 8 games in a season everyone is a weakness. 

QB until bortles develops
C, FS, LG, LT

The helmets will always be the weakest part of the team until they get new ones.

amirite?

Quote:go away troll

Bortles had one of the worst rookie seasons EVER.  Henne isn't the answer.  QB is weakest position right now, until Bortles takes the next step or ten.
Quote:Bortles had one of the worst rookie seasons EVER.  Henne isn't the answer.  QB is weakest position right now, until Bortles takes the next step or ten.

it wasn't THAT bad.  he did have one of the best games by a rookie in his first start.
I'd say OTTO LB and LT. I'm just not very high in Joeckel and I think people are over rating Skuta. Of course I would love to be wrong and have both players end up being great this year.
Until I see it on the field, the offensive line.

Depth is an issue at LB and S, but I still feel there are too many unanswered questions along the offensive line. Linder is the only player I'd consider solid.
Quote:it wasn't THAT bad.  he did have one of the best games by a rookie in his first start.

it was very bad.  most of us have a positive outlook on it due to the fact that we see his potential, but his results were very poor.
On Paper

RB-WR-LB-S
Quote:it was very bad.  most of us have a positive outlook on it due to the fact that we see his potential, but his results were very poor.

<p style="margin:0in;">Give me a break, I'm not one to make excuses but you really have to give Blake a pass last season, he wasn't even supposed to play. I'd like to see any QB survive behind that joke of an "offensive line" last season, throwing to the likes of an ineffective Cecil Shorts, an undrafted rookie in Allen Hurns, an inconsistent and often banged up Marqise Lee, and a TE "duo" of Marcedes Lewis and Clay frickin Harbor, with the incompetent Jedd Fisch orchestrating the offense, Blake didn't play well but there's not a QB in football that would’ve had success with those circumstances.
QB, although Blake will hopefully develop this year.  Followed by the safeties, as Cyprien needs to take a step up and Brown/Sample are mediocre this year at best.  
OL
Pages: 1 2 3 4