Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Claim Jeff Tuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JohnOehser'>John Oehser ‏@JohnOehser </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/605478316796084224' title="4:57 PM - 1 Jun 2015">1m1 minute ago</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars claim QB Jeff Tuel off waivers from Buffalo. Release QB Jake Waters.

Can't see how Peter King ranks us 30th now.  This move right here is what separates the men from the boys.

Quote:Can't see how Peter King ranks us 30th now.  This move right here is what separates the men from the boys.

Tuel legit to quit
Well say goodbye to Bortles I guess. Now we're true contenders!
[Image: s193RJ4.jpg]

Think I would have preferred to see Waters play in the preseason.

Tuel Time!
I'd rank the current backup QBs; 1. Henne, 2. Tuel, and 3. Morris. I still think Henne keeps it, but Tuel may provide some actual competition for the backup job. He also knows both Marrone and Hackett well.

Looks like a Hackett/Marrone recommendation.
Morris...brush up the resume.

I really thought it would be Morris to go.....
Quote:Morris...brush up the resume.

Tuel probably should too. I highly doubt we go into the season with 3 QBs on the 53 man roster.
Quote:Looks like a Hackett/Marrone recommendation.

More like anything is an improvement considering Henne is the backup.
Quote:More like anything is an improvement considering Henne is the backup.
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Chad Henne under center than Jeff Tuel if it came down to it.
Quote:I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Chad Henne under center than Jeff Tuel if it came down to it.

WHY
Quote:I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Chad Henne under center than Jeff Tuel if it came down to it.

I think Tuel could compete with Bortles. Tuel has shown improvement from his rookie year and I believe outplayed EJ Manuel in OTAs/Preseason. Marrone was force fed EJ because Whaley used a first round pick on him and Tuel was an UDFA. This signing leads me to believe Marrone probably like Tuel better than EJ, which could've been a factor in the rift Marrone and the FO and the reason Marrone chose to opt out of his contract. Tuel has all the traits to be a great QB in this league, I think he just needs a fair shake. I've been a faithful Bills fan for 20 years, and have never cared much about other teams, but I am interested in the Jaguars now.
I sure hope he has improved his arm strength since two years ago. His weak arm cost Buffalo a winnable game against the Chiefs in a performance that was Garrard like in monumental game killing interceptions and under throws.
Quote:WHY
Quote:I sure hope he has improved his arm strength since two years ago. His weak arm cost Buffalo a winnable game against the Chiefs in a performance that was Garrard like in monumental game killing interceptions and under throws.
Well, that, for one.
At least Tuel was undrafted and has some kind of uspide! Henne is getting millions still being Henne.

Soup or Bowl
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6