Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The dumbing of America.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I received a completed application for employment today. The application asks what is the highest school level completed: High School 1 2 3 4 ..........College 1 2 3 4. He circled High School. What  position are you applying for: He wrote, "dichwacher".  Former employment: "scruty gard". Reason for leaving former employment: "still dare"

OK people. Some people want to raise the wages of people like this to $15 per hour which quite logically means we have to raise our prices to pay that increase. Do you want to pay higher prices in restaurants to support a "dichwacher" to make $30k per year?

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Well, he was a scruty gard.  That's worth something, right?

Quote:I received a completed application for employment today. The application asks what is the highest school level completed: High School 1 2 3 4 ..........College 1 2 3 4. He circled High School. What position are you applying for: He wrote, "dichwacher". Former employment: "scruty gard". Reason for leaving former employment: "still dare"

OK people. Some people want to raise the wages of people like this to $15 per hour which quite logically means we have to raise our prices to pay that increase. Do you want to pay higher prices in restaurants to support a "dichwacher" to make $30k per year?

Um. I could show you emails from people my/our age that are almost unintelligible.
Quote:I received a completed application for employment today. The application asks what is the highest school level completed: High School 1 2 3 4 ..........College 1 2 3 4. He circled High School. What position are you applying for: He wrote, "dichwacher". Former employment: "scruty gard". Reason for leaving former employment: "still dare"

i take it I'm knot hird
A lot of the Kids graduating today can't even read their Diploma..... It's really sad

Quote:A lot of the Kids graduating today can't even read their Diploma..... It's really sad

It's been that way for a long time
Quote:OK people. Some people want to raise the wages of people like this to $15 per hour which quite logically means we have to raise our prices to pay that increase. Do you want to pay higher prices in restaurants to support a "dichwacher" to make $30k per year?

An inescapable fact proponents of a minimum wage increase seemingly don't understand, a person, whose skill set matches every person on the planet, is always going to be the lowest paid person on the planet, regardless of what any pandering politician tells them. If $15 an hour is good, then $100 an hour is better. Why not that, then? The reality is everything around that increase increases as well, and those people find themselves in the same position they have always been in when the dust settles. In the process, other people's savings have been devalued.
Maybe the applicant's Probation Officer made them apply
Quote:An inescapable fact proponents of a minimum wage increase seemingly don't understand, a person, whose skill set matches every person on the planet, is always going to be the lowest paid person on the planet, regardless of what any pandering politician tells them. If $15 an hour is good, then $100 an hour is better. Why not that, then? The reality is everything around that increase increases as well, and those people find themselves in the same position they have always been in when the dust settles. In the process, other people's savings have been devalued.
This kind of logic doesn't really suit the agenda for those who think the minimum wage needs to be increased dramatically.
And they wonder why they can't get a job...
I have my doubts the OP is true. Sounds like a veiled attempt at making a racist joke.

Quote:I have my doubts the OP is true. Sounds like a veiled attempt at making a racist joke.

:blink:
Quote:I have my doubts the OP is true. Sounds like a veiled attempt at making a racist joke.
Well, I've seen similar types of applications, and it seems to me the racial profile for this segment is pretty diversified. 
Quote:A lot of the Kids graduating today can't even read their Diploma..... It's really sad
If it's not on the state mandated tests, it's not being taught.  Reading is overrated.  If they can't read it, they can request that it be read to them.  Wink
I can assure you it's completely factual and if you are interested this person's ethnicity is Caucasian. But we'll let you make it racist if that is your agenda.

Quote:I can assure you it's completely factual and if you are interested this person's ethnicity is Caucasian. But we'll let you make it racist if that is your agenda.

You've got something against Caucasians?  Smile
He will likely do a great job washing your dishes, and may well stay with you as long as you'll have him. He might even be developmentally disabled and you'll be giving him the break that will change his life. Then you'll be able to look back on this thread with pride.

Quote:He will likely do a great job washing your dishes, and may well stay with you as long as you'll have him. He might even be developmentally disabled and you'll be giving him the break that will change his life. Then you'll be able to look back on this thread with pride.

Or he's an idiot that didn't take education seriously.
Quote:Or he's an idiot that didn't take education seriously.
Why not both? 
Quote:Why not both?

Well if he were developmentally challenged it wouldn't have been his fault.
Pages: 1 2