Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 40oz Steak Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Work took us to Prime Quarter in Wisconsin last night so I did the "Beefeater Challenge"

In One hour and Fifteen minutes you must eat:

40oz sirloin

One trip to salad bar

A baked potato

One piece of Texas Toast

I had the steak finished in 16 minutes and proceeded to drink a beer and eat a piece of Reese's pieces after. That was around 7pm. As of typing this (on a bus to OHare at 5am), I still feel full and occasionally nauseous lol

I don't think I'll ever do this challenge again. I'm surprised how easily I finished it, but I am feeling pretty gross now.
I wish my work would fly me to Chicago and then bus me to Wisconsin just to eat.
Quote:I wish my work would fly me to Chicago and then bus me to Wisconsin just to eat.

That's basically all we did. Eat and get drunk. We did "training" during the day on roofing applications, but it's all about food and alcohol
Quote:Work took us to Prime Quarter in Wisconsin last night so I did the "Beefeater Challenge"

40oz sirloin

One trip to salad bar

A baked potato

One piece of Texas Toast

I had the steak finished in 16 minutes and proceeded to drink a beer and eat a piece of Reese's pieces after. That was around 7pm. As of typing this (on a bus to OHare at 5am), I still feel full and occasionally nauseous lol

I don't think I'll ever do this challenge again. I'm surprised how easily I finished it, but I am feeling pretty gross now.

How much did it cost if you didn't finish it in time? The steak would be no problem and neither would the salad or toast, but the potato would be a HUGE challenge for me. Starchy things feel like they expand in your stomach. They get you with the potato. 
I don't eat that much food in a week.

Best way to do that is bring a mini blender and throw it all in. Way easier to down a few steak shakes.
I'm full just reading about eating all that food!! Sick
Quote:How much did it cost if you didn't finish it in time? The steak would be no problem and neither would the salad or toast, but the potato would be a HUGE challenge for me. Starchy things feel like they expand in your stomach. They get you with the potato.

$30. So really not that bad for that much food anyway
Wow, that's cheap!

I've always wanted to try one of those.

That's just crazy.  I have a hard time eating a 6oz steak, baked potato & salad.

Quote:That's just crazy. I have a hard time eating a 6oz steak, baked potato & salad.

Trick is to get the steak down first. Then you can pick at the other stuff.

I did the steak, then salad, then took some time on the potato and just munched on the toast.
Sick

Quote:I don't eat that much food in a week.
Commie pinko scum. 
...I have no idea what you just typed.  But I'm sure it's a compliment, so thank you.

I cannot imagine. I am the slowest eater in the land. It's mostly just an anxiety thing though. Chocked on something as a kid and have always had this fear of that happening to me again. That stresses me out just to read you ate that big thing in 16 minutes.  :mellow:

That's what she said...

Based on my being a monster with no self control, I feel like I could give it a challenge.
Quote:Work took us to Prime Quarter in Wisconsin last night so I did the "Beefeater Challenge"

40oz sirloin

One trip to salad bar

A baked potato

One piece of Texas Toast

Just curious --- how much was the Dinner Challenge?  I assume you did not get it free if you succeeded like some other challenges did ya?  I'm surprised they didn't add another few baked potatoes and more bread to really get you.
Quote:Just curious --- how much was the Dinner Challenge? I assume you did not get it free if you succeeded like some other challenges did ya? I'm surprised they didn't add another few baked potatoes and more bread to really get you.

He said 30 bucks
This reminded me of that John Candy movie where he tried to eat a 72oz steak. If anyone is a food challenge freak Col Mustards does some pretty crazy burger stuff while having imo the best burgers in town.
Pages: 1 2 3