Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars are now involved with Deflate-gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Apparently, Jaguars staff caught Indianapolis messing with the inflation of the balls in a prior season.

Feel free to move this to the big Deflategate thread in the NFL sub-forum, but I figured since it was Jaguars-related it'd need it's own thread

http://nesn.com/2015/05/patriots-told-we...-sideline/

Leave us out of this mess

There's also the piped-in crowd noise in the old RCA dome.

While I wouldn't mind the clots being punished one bit, this just seems like another lame attempt of the Brady camp trying to deflect attention from the real issue.
I'm shocked.  No way would the clots ever, ever do anything shady.>/sarcasm

This from the organization that piped in crowd noise, had every call go their way, and tanked the one season they didn't have manning to get luck....please, I wish they would go down hard.

Looks like the big baby haves are going to push around the rest of the league.  Bob Kraft is a jerk.

Piped in noise!

I also notice Aaron Rodgers footballs are very dark in color. He uses a ton of stickum.

I guess that is legal though.
I honestly thought this was going to be a joke about our record being deflated.

Anyone... who doesn't think that teams will cheat is naive. Obviously, some are more guilty of 'bending the rules' than others; on the 'yourteamcheats' web site, the Jag's are listed as the least offensive among NFL teams. So... we have that going for us. Rolleyes

I remember the 'whoa and cry' of some on here when I suggested that the colts had, in fact, intentionally thrown games in order to insure they got the first round draft pick of andrew luck. Some suggested such a thing was ridiculous, others said that would be unsportsmanlike, still others said the league wouldn't allow such a thing. All true... but none of them would necessarily stop a team from such activity.

The fact is, if someone wants to cheat... I mean, really wants to cheat, it's very difficult to prevent it. For every obstacle there is a solution, and a counter-solution, and so forth and so on. The best any institution can do is try to limit the amount of dishonesty. In the end, the only real insurance against cheating is the integrity of the teams and players; and we've seen too often how fragile that can be.

Bob Kraft isn't even one of the top 5 richest owners. Rodger should drop the hammer on this chump, and drop it hard.

COLTS!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

WHERE WELLS AT??

Where is our $5 million dollar 243 page report?????

Colts tanked for Andrew Luck. Plain and simple
Sounds about right:

1. Colts do basically the same kinds of things to try and gain advantages for themselves (as most teams surely do)

2. They spill the beans on their opponent before they take their little red wagon and go home, lol.

3. They get beat down like a drum in the 2nd half of the playoff game anyway, after the league/refs made sure the balls were ok for that half.

No excuse for the Pats, they were caught. But, personally I believe that people that think only the Pats do this sort of thing is really, really naive.

Piped in crowd noise, needles in sleeves, stickem, footballs in ovens,, etc.

I'm sure there's a thousand different things teams do to try and get advantages.
Quote:I honestly thought this was going to be a joke about our record being deflated.

And Jaguars fans have been feeling let down for years now...
Quote:Sounds about right:

1. Colts do basically the same kinds of things to try and gain advantages for themselves (as most teams surely do)

2. They spill the beans on their opponent before they take their little red wagon and go home, lol.

3. They get beat down like a drum in the 2nd half of the playoff game anyway, after the league/refs made sure the balls were ok for that half.

No excuse for the Pats, they were caught. But, personally I believe that people that think only the Pats do this sort of thing is really, really naive.

Piped in crowd noise, needles in sleeves, stickem, footballs in ovens,, etc.

I'm sure there's a thousand different things teams do to try and get advantages.
This, the Colts are a joke, and keep getting off, they never been fined for piped in crowd noise but ATL does. They mess with balls but yet snitch on the Pats. The jags go to the NFL and they do nothing, as soon as the Colts go to the NFL its deflate gate.

Oh yea and they have a drug head owner

Quote:Anyone... who doesn't think that teams will cheat is naive. Obviously, some are more guilty of 'bending the rules' than others; on the 'yourteamcheats' web site, the Jag's are listed as the least offensive among NFL teams. So... we have that going for us. Rolleyes

I remember the 'whoa and cry' of some on here when I suggested that the colts had, in fact, intentionally thrown games in order to insure they got the first round draft pick of andrew luck. Some suggested such a thing was ridiculous, others said that would be unsportsmanlike, still others said the league wouldn't allow such a thing. All true... but none of them would necessarily stop a team from such activity.

The fact is, if someone wants to cheat... I mean, really wants to cheat, it's very difficult to prevent it. For every obstacle there is a solution, and a counter-solution, and so forth and so on. The best any institution can do is try to limit the amount of dishonesty. In the end, the only real insurance against cheating is the integrity of the teams and players; and we've seen too often how fragile that can be.
I remember how dumb it was to think players and coaches would damage their career in order to help a franchise get a higher draft pick just so it can turn around and fire the people that were supposedly helping.

This thread is about real cheating, not some half brained ideas.
Quote:I remember how dumb it was to think players and coaches would damage their career in order to help a franchise get a higher draft pick just so it can turn around and fire the people that were supposedly helping.

This thread is about real cheating, not some half brained ideas.
"This thread is about real cheating, not some half brained ideas." Please, elaborate what you mean by this.
Regardless what the Colts did,  it doesn't change the Patriots history with Spygate AND DeflateGate.    To the point that the credibility of entire seasons are in doubt.   I certainly hope that the Patriots related punishments are not reduced at all.   It sounds like the Patriots P.R.  is trying to try this from DeflateGate to DeflectGate.   

Quote:I honestly thought this was going to be a joke about our record being deflated.
Lets deflate that issue.  It almost took the wind right out of my sails.
Quote:Regardless what the Colts did,  it doesn't change the Patriots history with Spygate AND DeflateGate.    To the point that the credibility of entire seasons are in doubt.   I certainly hope that the Patriots related punishments are not reduced at all.   It sounds like the Patriots P.R.  is trying to try this from DeflateGate to DeflectGate.   
that's about the truth of the matter, but that's also what you would expect a pr team to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4