Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: School bus shooting on Jax west side
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Disgusting.

Seems a tad cruel to keep them on the bus to interview them. 

Cowardly act of terrorism

Quote:Disgusting.

Seems a tad cruel to keep them on the bus to interview them. 
Yeah, I thought that was a little odd, but I guess they were trying to contain the situation. 
Terrible.
Quote:Yeah, I thought that was a little odd, but I guess they were trying to contain the situation. 

I suppose the worry is the chance one of the kids on the bus having information on the shooters, and getting to him/her before anyone else does.
Bet you its related to two shootings near 103rd yesterday. Gangs are getting out of hand, I dont remember the kids ever being this reckless. Shootings on back to back days, shooting at crowds/innocent. We really need to go after those guys.
Unbelieveable. This is one of the reason cops are so on edge. You just don't know what is going on and what could happen when you got crazies like this out there.

It breaks my heart that there seems to be no respect for human life anymore. Sad
Quote:It breaks my heart that there seems to be no respect for human life anymore. Sad

It's called Lack of parenting and not teaching the moral code of a polite society
Quote:It's called Lack of parenting and not teaching the moral code of a polite society
Couldn't agree more. I have taken this stance on several threads in the political section. Parenting plays a Huuuuuge factor. We've got to find a way to get back to parents who are together and raising their kids with morals, respect, dignity, etc.
Quote:Couldn't agree more. I have taken this stance on several threads in the political section. Parenting plays a Huuuuuge factor. We've got to find a way to get back to parents who are together and raising their kids with morals, respect, dignity, etc.

NO! NO! NO!! It's WAY more important to be your child's friend!! They might not think you're cool if you try to actually teach them anything! Rolleyes
Quote:NO! NO! NO!! It's WAY more important to be your child's friend!! They might not think you're cool if you try to actually teach them anything! Rolleyes

This is sure to start a firestorm...but you didn't see this kind of stuff, or at least not to this extent, when it was still 'acceptable' to physically discipline your children.
Quote:This is sure to start a firestorm...but you didn't see this kind of stuff, or at least not to this extent, when it was still 'acceptable' to physically discipline your children.

Yep. I was taken out behind the wood shed more than once.... and I turned out just fine
Some of you are jumping to conclusions. We don't even know who the shooters are, yet you are already sure it was due to bad parenting.

Quote:Some of you are jumping to conclusions. We don't even know who the shooters are, yet you are already sure it was due to bad parenting.

"Girls recovering, teen gunmen sought"
Quote:"Girls recovering, teen gunmen sought"

How do we know the shooter wasn't "whooped" on a regular basis, and still turned out bad?
Anyone see the Times Union this morning?

The headline in big bold letters was, "Shocker, anger after shooting."  Then right above that was a sticker for a Gun Show in Jacksonville this weekend.

Good job TU.

I believe they arrested two guys for the crime.  I saw on FB yesterday a couple pictures from a tv station.  The kids faces were blurred out, and then one of the kids friends tagged the kid getting arrest to 'free him." 

Listening to the JSO press conference, and they have identified the shooter in this incident.  They also explained the motive.  Apparently, two kids on the bus had a disagreement with two kids NOT on the bus earlier.  The disagreement was over disrespectful things one of the kids said about another student who was killed in a car accident last year.  They agreed to fight over this disrespectful talk.  When the shooter and his buddy approached the bus, words were exchanged, and one of the kids who was the intended target on the bus spit on the shooter from a window on the bus.  At this point, the shooter pulled out his .380 and fired 5 shots into the bus.  They're saying no gang affiliation was associated with this shooting.  The shooter is a 16 year old male. 

Quote:Anyone see the Times Union this morning?

The headline in big bold letters was, "Shocker, anger after shooting."  Then right above that was a sticker for a Gun Show in Jacksonville this weekend.

Good job TU.

I believe they arrested two guys for the crime.  I saw on FB yesterday a couple pictures from a tv station.  The kids faces were blurred out, and then one of the kids friends tagged the kid getting arrest to 'free him." 
The two they took into custody yesterday are not the shooters.  He's still on the loose.  if the presser that's going on now is any indication, the two who were taken into custody were the two on the bus who were the target of the shooter.  They made some disrespectful comment about a friend of the shooter who was killed in a hit and run accident last year.

Edgar Robles is the shooter.  16 year old Hispanic male.  His mother said he doesn't spend a lot of time at home, and spends most of his time "flittering around the west side" going from the home of one friend to the next.  I'd say that there's pretty much no parenting happening in this kid's life based on what his own mother told JSO. 

Pages: 1 2 3