Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Houston to cut Swearinger?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per pft...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...o-houston/

It was fun exploiting him while it lasted.

He is terrible

Quote:Per pft...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...o-houston/

It was fun exploiting him while it lasted.

dang it. well if we are lucky maybe he winds up with the clots since they decided not to upgrade their defense in the draft and instead focused on drafting guys they didnt need and didnt present value. 
Quote:dang it. well if we are lucky maybe he winds up with the clots since they decided not to upgrade their defense in the draft and instead focused on drafting guys they didnt need and didnt present value. 
I had the same feeling when the Ravens finally cut Deron Jenkins.  I swear, to Brunell's, Smith's and McCardell's eyes, he wore a giant "kick me" sign on his jersey.
Isn't he the guy that single handedly beat the tinhorns for us?

Aw, too bad. I loved seeing him in the Texans' secondary. He was such a difference-maker back there...for the opposing team. Smile

I'm now wondering with Johnson in the mix, who will be the odd man out in Houston's CB group?

I'm betting Jackson. 

I think J. Joseph and Johnson will be the starters, unless Johnson completely bombs.

Quote:I'm now wondering with Johnson in the mix, who will be the odd man out in Houston's CB group?

I'm betting Jackson. 

I think J. Joseph and Johnson will be the starters, unless Johnson completely bombs.

I assume Johnson will be the third CB just due to him being a rookie. Jackson just signed a big deal, so he'll likely be starting. Anyways, I think they drafted Kevin Johnson to replace Joseph long term since his contract expires after this season and he's on the wrong side of 30.
Quote:I assume Johnson will be the third CB just due to him being a rookie. Jackson just signed a big deal, so he'll likely be starting. Anyways, I think they drafted Kevin Johnson to replace Joseph long term since his contract expires after this season and he's on the wrong side of 30.
I have never been impressed with Kareem Jackson and still think he can be exploited in coverage.

Hopefully Johnson busts, Joseph declines then leaves, and Jackson continues to be underwhelming.
He gifted the Jags a game a couple of years by being a clown. Late hates, over celebrating on plays and missed assignments.

What a terrible draft for the Texans 2013 is looking like.

Quote:He gifted the Jags a game a couple of years by being a clown. Late [hits], over celebrating on plays and missed assignments.

What a terrible draft for the Texans 2013 is looking like.
That's why I'm sad to see him go.

The Texans deserve bad drafting.
Quote:I have never been impressed with Kareem Jackson and still think he can be exploited in coverage.

Hopefully Johnson busts, Joseph declines then leaves, and Jackson continues to be underwhelming.

Houston paid Jackson over $8million per season, so I have to imagine he starts. Though he played better last season, but I've always been underwhelmed with him too. Good news even with cutting Swearinger is that their safeties are below average and that's who Julius Thomas will likely be shadowed by. I look forward to watching JT eat their D alive.
Quote:Houston paid Jackson over $8million per season, so I have to imagine he starts. Though he played better last season, but I've always been underwhelmed with him too. Good news even with cutting Swearinger is that their safeties are below average and that's who Julius Thomas will likely be shadowed by. I look forward to watching JT eat their D alive.
I don't see their LBs faring much better against him. 

Neither Clowney nor Mercilus are adept enough in coverage to stick with him in man.

Cushing's knees are shot at this point.  I remember others exploiting him in coverage late last year.

The only one who may have a shot is McKinney in a zone.
If Cyprien played for them the way he has played for us, they'd be cutting him too possibly.  Cyp hasn't been much better than Swearinger.

Quote:<sup></sup>
<sup>If Cyprien played for them the way he has played for us, they'd be cutting him too possibly.  Cyp hasn't been much better than Swearinger.</sup>

<sup>Other than playing 8 more games and making 70+ tackles over the past 2 years, yeah they're the same player. I mean c'mon Cyp hasn't been great but he's been OK.</sup>
Quote:I don't see their LBs faring much better against him. 

Neither Clowney nor Mercilus are adept enough in coverage to stick with him in man.

Cushing's knees are shot at this point.  I remember others exploiting him in coverage late last year.

The only one who may have a shot is McKinney in a zone.

agree but as a rookie vs a vet like thomas, i dont think so this season haha
Quote:If Cyprien played for them the way he has played for us, they'd be cutting him too possibly.  Cyp hasn't been much better than Swearinger.

ok
Too bad, I enjoyed his tantrums after blowing a play.
Looks like the Bucs put in a waiver claim on him so we should see him this year:

Quote:Report: Bucs put in waiver claim on Swearinge

D.J. Swearinger | FA

(May 11, 2015 5:04 PM EDT)

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs have put in a waiver claim on ex-Texans SS D.J. Swearinger.

The Bucs have the No. 1 waiver claim, so Swearinger should officially join the roster within 24 hours. In Tampa Bay, Swearinger could compete with Bradley McDougald for the starting strong safety job opposite Chris Conte.

SOURCE: RICK STROUD ON TWITTER
Quote:Looks like the Bucs put in a waiver claim on him so we should see him this year:

Goody! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2