Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguar players on Hot Seat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok now that the 15 Nfl Draft is over. What Jaguars players are on the Hot Seat as a result? I'm gonna go a head and say Ace Sanders! Rashad Green is a much better Wr and will compete for punt return job. Who else is on notice?
Zane Beadles. Ziggy Hood. Maybe Toby Gerhart.
In the preverbriable game of musical chairs, Ace is gonna be tired of standing..
Quote:In the preverbriable game of musical chairs, Ace is gonna be tired of standing..
Yes sir. I think Ace is a goner.
Beadles is as good as gone.
Ace is a pretty good bet to be gone unless he really shows up on punt returns in camp. He was on the hot seat long before the draft.

Beadles qualifies as a player whose seat has gone from lukewarm to boiling over. Hood is also in that group, though I could almost see the Jaguars carrying Marks, Hood and Bennett next year depending on what they do with Andre Branch. Clay Harbor and Marcel Jensen are also going to see challenges from below for their spots.

Quote:Beadles is as good as gone.
If you mean as a starter, then maybe, but I don't see how his roster spot is in jeopardy.  We aren't strapped for cash and not sure we'd even save much.  Also we still need depth at G.
Beadles is safer than Toby this upcoming year

Man what happened to Ace?  Didn't he have a promising 1st season or did I just imagine that.  

He's not even Mike Thomas at this point.

Quote:Man what happened to Ace?  Didn't he have a promising 1st season or did I just imagine that.  

He had promise in the slot as he had a good amount of receptions, but he didn't improve at all and still didn't do crap on ST.  He has some crazy highlights in college, but guess it was pure athleticism that he was relying on and that typically doesn't really fly in the pros.
Quote:Man what happened to Ace? Didn't he have a promising 1st season or did I just imagine that.

Last year's suspension hurt him no doubt. He came back out of shape and sluggish and left the door open for Hurns to show his worth. He'll get an opportunity to compete for the final WR spot but odds are going to be stacked against him this year.
Quote:He had promise in the slot as he had a good amount of receptions, but he didn't improve at all and still didn't do crap on ST.  He has some crazy highlights in college, but guess it was pure athleticism that he was relying on and that typically doesn't really fly in the pros.
going out and getting himself suspended due to drug use didn't help his stock any either.
Quote:If you mean as a starter, then maybe, but I don't see how his roster spot is in jeopardy. We aren't strapped for cash and not sure we'd even save much. Also we still need depth at G.

This. I don't understand how you guys can think Beadles will be gone. He may lose his starting job to Cann, but his roster spot isn't hot at all. He's better than any backup OL we had last season, we can't afford to be cutting quality OL depth right now
Sanders, Storm, Pierce, Hood, and Evans
Bortles too. As much as we baby him here, we have basically built this offseason around him by acquiring solid pieces across the line, in the backfield, and also adding a piece at the slot position. Its time for him to show us what he can do.

Cyp
Quote:Zane Beadles. Ziggy Hood. Maybe Toby Gerhart.
mmmm.
Tyson, Hood, Shorts, Lewis, Cyprien, Toby, (Paul after this year). Ace will be fine if they would just put him on KR. The man needs blockers and we need a KR really bad. Greene may take his place on PR.

Oh yeah, Blackman!!

Quote:Oh yeah, Blackman!!

Blackmon? You have to have a seat before it gets hot.
Pages: 1 2