Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rams offered Jags Zac Stacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">And sure enough, a few minutes after the first round's conclusion, Snead (whom Caldwell succeeded as Dimitroff's right-hand man in Atlanta) called to offer a deal: The 41st overall selection and running back Zac Stacy, in exchange for the Jags' 36th pick. Stacy, made expendable by the selection of Gurley, had a productive rookie campaign in 2013 before being pushed into a lesser role last season.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"You're the guy who's always in the Rams' war room," Caldwell said to me, laughing. "How much do they really like Zac Stacy -- and do you think they'd do it for Tre Mason?"

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Most likely, Caldwell was just having fun at my expense. I got the sense that he was open to trading down, though not for Stacy -- and also that, if Yeldon was gone by the time the Jags got on the clock, he'd be even more receptive to dealing the pick.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">The next night, while monitoring the situation from inside the Rams' war room, I wasn't surprised when the Jags turned in the card for Yeldon

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap300000...t-the-same

The entire article is worth a read, it's by Michael Silver who was in the Jags war room on Thursday.

Pretty sure the Rams offered Stacy to the entire NFL after the Tweet he sent out lol

Good call, Caldwell.
Bad deal. Sorry Snead.

Yeldon > Stacy
For Stacy? No. For Tre Mason? Now we're talking...
I'm sure he would have done it for Tre Mason, that would have been great lol

I think Yeldon is more elusive and has game breaking potential.

Im a big TJ supporter.
Tre Mason yes. Zac Stacy no way.
He was also getting their 41st pick, 5 spots down and could have still nabbed Yeldon but who knows, and why would he want an extra back with nothing new to the table in Stacy?  Deal not sweet enough.  Give him some mid round picks he would have listened more.

In the article Silver notes that Dave got offered the deal and then looked at Silver and said do you think he would do it for Tre Mason? So I'll assume he atleast countered Snead and Snead declined.
Quote:In the article Silver notes that Dave got offered the deal and then looked at Silver and said do you think he would do it for Tre Mason? So I'll assume he atleast countered Snead and Snead declined.

I'm pretty sure he would have dont that, trading back risk  losing the RB you wanted to draft, so you would rather get a better RB then Stacy.
I think I'd rather have Yeldon than Mason with that 2nd pick.

Quote:I think I'd rather have Yeldon than Mason with that 2nd pick.

It's not a 1 for 1 comparison.

The fact of the matter is that you'd actually have Mason + the #41 pick.

Quote:I think I'd rather have Yeldon than Mason with that 2nd pick.

It could have been Mason and a guy like Perryman or Eric Rowe versus just Yeldon.
Or Mason+McKinney.
TJ Yeldon > Stacey.
OMG, it's Stacey PLUS the 9th pick of the 2nd round!  

Zac Stacy is basically Bernard Pierce.

I doubt they would have traded Tre Mason.

This kind of discussion is such a "who cares?" thing.  Seriously, it didn't happen, so who cares?

Personally, I don't care for these revelations from the 'war room'.  Dunno who Michael Silver is, or his role in the Jags regime.  My thing is, we all know the draft process is as intricate and substantial as there is.  Too many pieces and variables per piece.

We also know that it's the jobs of many many individuals to execute this process yearly.  How the final result is obtained shouldn't necessarily be broadcast to the world in print, and otherwise.  I am okay with common rhetoric by the team in interviews after players are picked...he was the best available on our board, we loved his tenacity, we feel like he's going to be a special player, etc.  

I disliked the play by play published by the TU kat, though it was 'good' to read.  If you know what I mean.  It taints the process, in my view, and may affect future deals.

Pages: 1 2