Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution

Mississippi lawmakers are advancing a proposal to add firing squad, electrocution and gas chamber as execution methods in case a court blocks the use of lethal injection drugs.

Republican Rep. Andy Gipson says House Bill 638 is a response to lawsuits by "liberal, left-wing radicals."

http://www.wlox.com/story/34456360/missi...-execution

Bullets are cheap.  I'm all for it.

Absolutely
Quote:Bullets are cheap.  I'm all for it.

Rope is cheaper.
That works too.

A single bullet. Why a squad? One man. One bullet, 50 cal to the back of the head.

Drop em in a hole, call it done.

I mean... if we're killing people as a punishment. Why be humane at all about it?

The future of judicial executions should be the gas chamber and asphyxiation via nitrogen gas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ne/388249/

It appears that the Oklahoma house has already approved it's use. 

You think a wrongly convicted man has ever been executed?
Quote:You think a wrongly convicted man has ever been executed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the current argument over method of execution and not whether there are executions at all?
Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the current argument over method of execution and not whether there are executions at all?
You have to give that poster a break. Understanding and contributing to topics in a meaningful way isn't that poster's strong suit.
Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the current argument over method of execution and not whether there are executions at all?

Yeah.

So wouldn't it be nice to at least make it as humane as possible since not everyone will "deserve" it?
Quote:Yeah.

So wouldn't it be nice to at least make it as humane as possible since not everyone will "deserve" it?
Isn't firing squad one of the most humane ways?
I honestly don't think firing squad is as brutal as gas chamber, tbh. If I were ever to do something so grossly against the law that death was the punishment, I'd take firing squad. It's done in a second. Gas chamber though? Ughhhhh....that's brutal.

Quote:Isn't firing squad one of the most humane ways?

I don't know.

Want to try and let us know if it hurts?
Cost of rope - < $10

Cost of tree - free

And it would be "green" by not using any energy.  A win-win all the way around.

Are you being serious?
Quote:I honestly don't think firing squad is as brutal as gas chamber, tbh. If I were ever to do something so grossly against the law that death was the punishment, I'd take firing squad. It's done in a second. Gas chamber though? Ughhhhh....that's brutal.
Heard that!

Just slip about 80 xanax in my last meal and let me go to sleep lol
Quote:Heard that!

Just slip about 80 xanax in my last meal and let me go to sleep lol
So we have to pay for that meal still?

Dude, what are you?
Breaking news: water is wet. We welcome Indy2Jax to argue this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6