Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Sample. I think this kid can play.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Gotta watch tape, not highlights.

I like what I've seen from him though.

He certainly seems to have a lot of upside. I think taking a safety was really smart.

Looks to be a bit of a thumper AND a ball hawk. That's a good combination of skills for a safety in Gus's defense.
Physically looks like this guy has all the tools to play either safety role. Knee jerk reaction, starting FS by week 12.
good closing speed and not afraid to lower the shoulder

not sure if he has the speed to go sideline to sideline but definitely a good value pick

sounds like him and brown will compete for fs whilst evans will become a back up ss
Imagine if Hurns had the same hand control as Sample, he'd be force.
I have to deduct points for the usage of the old logo in that production.

As for Sample..  He certainly appears to have some vision and is a very physical tackler.  Josh Evans is better suited for a SS role IMO.  And he has been put on notice.  I think he could get replaced before the bye.

Quote:I have to deduct points for the usage of the old logo in that production.

As for Sample..  He certainly appears to have some vision and is a very physical tackler.  Josh Evans is better suited for a SS role IMO.  And he has been put on notice.  I think he could get replaced before the bye.
I would venture a guess that FS is between Brown and Sample now. Evans probably backing up Cyprien.

Amazing at this point last year, our FS position was up to Evans vs. Guy.

Good job Dave man!

That hit on the RB at :45... drools

Quote:I have to deduct points for the usage of the old logo in that production.

As for Sample.. He certainly appears to have some vision and is a very physical tackler. Josh Evans is better suited for a SS role IMO. And he has been put on notice. I think he could get replaced before the bye.

Yep that old logo makes my eyes burn. What's funny is how many people hated the new logo when it was introduced. Old logo looks 8 bit now.
He'll compete with Evans right away. Like this pick.
Seems like a dude that wants to lay the wood.
Quote:Physically looks like this guy has all the tools to play either safety role. Knee jerk reaction, starting FS by week 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting week 1. Not like we have a stud FS.
Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting week 1. Not like we have a stud FS.

i think it will just take him a little time to adjust to the NFL game and learn the defense.
Quote:i think it will just take him a little time to adjust to the NFL game and learn the defense.

You could be right too. Brown may be the one the put out there week 1 and Sample takes over if Brown struggles.
Quote:You could be right too. Brown may be the one the put out there week 1 and Sample takes over if Brown struggles.
Or Sample takes over if Cyprian struggles. He's s good player to have.
I think it was Gus that said that if we use Sample and Cyprien at the same time, then on any particular play, opposing teams will not be able to tell which one was going to be the SS and which would be the FS.   That would be an advantage for our defense.  

Quote:I think it was Gus that said that if we use Sample and Cyprien at the same time, then on any particular play, opposing teams will not be able to tell which one was going to be the SS and which would be the FS.   That would be an advantage for our defense.  

thats a good thought. if this kid pans out, our defense should be really fun to watch again. 
Quote:I think it was Gus that said that if we use Sample and Cyprien at the same time, then on any particular play, opposing teams will not be able to tell which one was going to be the SS and which would be the FS. That would be an advantage for our defense.

Deadly combo.. The hit squad..
Pages: 1 2