Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poz gets 1 Year Extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Poz just got a one year extension. Just when Dempsey said (today, technically yesterday) that he was certain Poz wont be with The Jags after this season. (My bad. didn't feel like starting a new thread. Figured I'd piggy-back off Lamping)
:/

It increases the chances of a trade if he has a lower cap number, actually. Not saying that's what this is foreshadowing, but the odds are higher than they were an hour ago.

He was owed $7.5million the next two seasons. I assume they restructured them to lower his cap hit and tacked on an additional year.

Not very fond of this move, Poz is declining and becoming a liability. Was hoping for our 2nd pick to be a MLB to replace Poz but looks like that's not happening now
Quote:It increases the chances of a trade if he has a lower cap number, actually. Not saying that's what this is foreshadowing, but the odds are higher than they were an hour ago.

I doubt he's signed an extension only for us to trade him in the near future. Sure it could happen, but Poz has said he wants to stay here and I feel Caldwell would be upfront with him about his future with the team.
I would hope they tacked on a year in exchange for him taking a pay cut. Another year at less money. 

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, he is a very instinctive player and a team leader. On the other, instincts won't do you much good if you run like your feet are covered in glue.

Poz still has plenty of speed. The guy plays at a near Pro Bowl level and doesn't deserve half the smack he gets from this board.

Quote:Poz still has plenty of speed. The guy plays at a near Pro Bowl level and doesn't deserve half the smack he gets from this board.

Reminds me of Rashean Mathis and the stick he took. Poz will be fine and better than most at his position in the league
Quote:Poz still has plenty of speed. The guy plays at a near Pro Bowl level and doesn't deserve half the smack he gets from this board.

I agree with that.  He's a very good MLB and our defense suffers when he's not in there. 
He is overpaid but better than some people give him credit for. 

He's a good MLB, and, as Jags02 stated, doesn't deserve the amount of smack that this board dishes. 

People who thought JT Thomas played as well as Poz are laughable

Poz was still playing at a high level when he was injured. Our LB's missed a beat without him in the lineup.

I don't understand the hate on Poz either. I like this news. He has played very good since he's got here.
Poz is an asset to this team. On the field, in the locker room and in the community. Those that down him are clueless.

Poz won't be traded and will starting Game 1.

The coaches and staff love him. He's reliable on the first 2 downs as a run stuffer and could give up 3rd down responsibilities since he is a liability in coverage.

Thank god someone said this.  I don't understand why all the sudden he is getting the hate here.

Poz has been the one consistent presence on that defense over the past 4 years.  There is nothing that shows that his production is going to tank over the next two years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5