Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where do you shop for furniture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've always been a second hand purchaser of furniture, but I'm finally at the point I need to just buy a new bedroom set for the kids. I've bought some "furniture" from the discount stores but it's just crap, it doesn't hold up. So where do you buy real furniture, with real wood? I know there's rooms to go but that's gotta be the most expensive way to go right?

I'm in Putnam County so pretty much anywhere in Clay, Duval, St. Johns is game it's all the same drive for me.

I always thought Rooms to Go was one of the less expensive places.  But I don't know for sure.  It's pretty much the only place I'd go because they are simple.  Last time I bought furniture I browsed the store to make sure I liked something and ordered online for delivery.  

Ashley's furniture is decent. But expect to spend some money.

Edit: check out Fantastic Furniture. They have Ashley's furniture pieces but for almost half the cost. When I was shopping around for a new living room set I saw the exact same thing in there for literally half the price.
Yea I'm not looking for cheap, I think cheap is why I keep having to replace kids beds and dressers, I'm looking for stuff that will last. I mean I have some old furniture from what I was my oldest Son's age and it's held up over 20 years, I bought a dresser from the "discount" store and it's falling apart a year later!?

Knarnn when I Google Ashley's furniture it sends me to Rooms2Go so I guess that's the vendor they use. Besides Rooms2Go is there any other option on good furniture or have they completely cornered the market?

I don't have a problem with Rooms2Go I just wanted something to compare them with.

Quote:I always thought Rooms to Go was one of the less expensive places.  But I don't know for sure.  It's pretty much the only place I'd go because they are simple.  Last time I bought furniture I browsed the store to make sure I liked something and ordered online for delivery.  

Where online did you order it from?
Well obviously the OP likes to save money since he tries to purchase second hand, which there's nothing wrong with that, it's just more financially smart to do that most of the time. So some of these bigger market furniture stores should be out of the question unless he can find himself a nice little "scratch and dent" sorta deal.

My best advice, just price compare online until you find something you like and it fits your budget. A lot of the time, you can find the same pieces of furniture for hundreds less just by doing internet searches.. 

Walmart, Sears, Big Lots, Kmart ect.. 

Plus you really don't want to over-commit to something they're eventually going to grow out of.. 

Furniture Mart is where we've bought most of the stuff in our house.  Much of the Rooms to Go crap we bought when we bought our first house fell apart in less than 5 years.  We figured we'd go a different route, and Furniture Mart has good quality furniture brands at reasonable prices.  It's not cheap, but it's not off the charts expensive either.  You get what you pay for, and the stuff we bought 10 years ago from Furniture Mart is still with us and in great shape. 

Goodwill.

Ikea.

Quote:Where online did you order it from?

I meant I just ordered it from their website http://www.roomstogo.com/.  I just prefer doing the transaction online.  One of the reasons is you don't have to worry about what is in stock or not at a particular store.  
Quote:Yea I'm not looking for cheap, I think cheap is why I keep having to replace kids beds and dressers, I'm looking for stuff that will last. I mean I have some old furniture from what I was my oldest Son's age and it's held up over 20 years, I bought a dresser from the "discount" store and it's falling apart a year later!?

Knarnn when I Google Ashley's furniture it sends me to Rooms2Go so I guess that's the vendor they use. Besides Rooms2Go is there any other option on good furniture or have they completely cornered the market?

I don't have a problem with Rooms2Go I just wanted something to compare them with.

Here you go:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com'>https://www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com</a>
The furniture store :thumbsup:

Quote:Ikea.

Is it quality stuff or am I going to just be cursing your name putting it together for nothing?
Quote:Goodwill.

Smh sarcasm I should've expected that
Bassett can be expensive, but holds up well.

Quote:Bassett can be expensive, but holds up well.

I have a basset and he's holding up ok.. He's like an $900 noise maker that goes off whenever someone walks in my yard.. 
Bought a bed off overstock, was heavy as balls and slightly pricey so had to make sure I checked it before the guy left, so my only experience buying online was good.  Most everything else I've gotten from R2G, Office Depot (computer desk and chair), and Walmart lol.  

Quote:Bought a bed off overstock, was heavy as balls and slightly pricey so had to make sure I checked it before the guy left, so my only experience buying online was good.  Most everything else I've gotten from R2G, Office Depot (computer desk and chair), and Walmart lol.  

It's the walmart stuff my three boys ages 3-7 are just destroying. It stands no chance!
Quote:It's the walmart stuff my three boys ages 3-7 are just destroying. It stands no chance!

Yeah I can imagine, only furniture pieces I've gotten from them was a metal and glass tv stand and a bathroom rack stand thingy which was metal also lol.  I don't trust them with anything "wood."
Quote:Yeah I can imagine, only furniture pieces I've gotten from them was a metal and glass tv stand and a bathroom rack stand thingy which was metal also lol.  I don't trust them with anything "wood."

Smart man, I bought a "wood" dresser about 6 months ago, went to put the kids clothes away and found out you can't even open the dumb drawers because the bottom is falling out into the drawer under it. 

That's when I started this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3