Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: General agreement on framework with Iran reached
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/world/...talks.html

Surprised they agreed to inspections and foreign scientists on site. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/world/middleeast/iran-nuclear-talks.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/world/middleeast/iran-nuclear-talks.html</a>

Pretty good news, so far... as anything with foreign policy, I can see this going one of two ways...
Quote:Pretty good news, so far... as anything with foreign policy, I can see this going one of two ways...
Yup, the Iranian gov is not very trustworthy so it will take an unprecedented amount of transparency on their part to make and deal work. That is usually what ruins it. 
Well done Obama, I don't support most of your policies but if they can really prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon without military actions well done. I am however skeptical it will hold up and almost expect Iran will cheat and try to make a nuclear weapon anyway.

Even if that's the case I won't fault Obama for trying diplomacy first, however if they do cheat and we discover they are developing a nuclear weapon it will unfortunately be time for immediate action.

Now if Iran cheats and gets a weapon and we DON'T find out until afterwards, then this was a big mistake.

Quote:Well done Obama, I don't support most of your policies but if they can really prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon without military actions well done. I am however skeptical it will hold up and almost expect Iran will cheat and try to make a nuclear weapon anyway.

Even if that's the case I won't fault Obama for trying diplomacy first, however if they do cheat and we discover they are developing a nuclear weapon it will unfortunately be time for immediate action.

Now if Iran cheats and gets a weapon and we DON'T find out until afterwards, then this was a big mistake.
Like I said it's all about transparency. I don't think anyone in the nations involved fully trust Iran which is why it is solely on them to adhere to any deal and not block the watchdogs otherwise they are right back under crippling sanctions.

It's still just a framework but here's to hoping something get work out in full and it's truly comprehensive. 

Quote:Like I said it's all about transparency. I don't think anyone in the nations involved fully trust Iran which is why it is solely on them to adhere to any deal and not block the watchdogs otherwise they are right back under crippling sanctions.

It's still just a framework but here's to hoping something get work out in full and it's truly comprehensive. 

I'll drink tonight to hopes that we can avoid a war with Iran.
Quote:I'll drink tonight to hopes that we can avoid a war with Iran.
Im gonna bust out the good whisky and try to do my part. 
Quote:Im gonna bust out the good whisky and try to do my part. 

oh boy you do whisky! NOW I know we can find some common ground!
Quote:oh boy you do whisky! NOW I know we can find some common ground!
"Compromise can be found on any subject, when diplomacy occurs over a glass of whiskey"

~Winston Churchill

(probably)
Quote:"Compromise can be found on any subject, when diplomacy occurs over a glass of whiskey"

~Winston Churchill

(probably)

I like the (probably) lol
If this plays out like Obama stated today, this is a good deal. Netanyahu is happy.

Quote:If this plays out like Obama stated today, this is a good deal. Netanyahu is happy.

How much you wanna bet that he is not happy? That dude is a chicken hawk, he'll only be happy when the USA gets in to another war on his behalf.
apparently Iran's leader is already playing the spin game. He's saying they conceded nothing basically, which is fine he has to look strong in front of his home crowd of radicals. The one thing I've read that comes off a little concerning is they're getting the heavy water reactor at Fordow (I believe this was a military site before) modernized, I wonder if that's their angle, up date our water reactor and then kick rocks back to square one.

I don't trust the Iranians as far and I could throw one, I said it back in 1979 (during the hostage crisis) and I'll say it again......

POUND SAND! IRAN!

I hope this agreement goes through, because the alternatives are so unpalatable.  War with Iran would cost trillions of dollars, and even in the best case scenario, all it would accomplish is postpone them getting a nuclear weapon.  And if we do attack them, and set them back a few years, they will be even more motivated to get a nuke and they'll probably want to use it on us!   Right now, there are a lot of moderates in Iran that want to get along with the West, but attacking them will only cause them to line up with the radicals to defend their country. 

It's ironic that the people who claim to love the men and women in the military the most are the ones who want to send them overseas to die or get maimed in an unnecessary war that can be avoided.   And what are we going to tell their parents?   Congratulations, your son died defending freedom Israel. 

Quote:How much you wanna bet that he is not happy? That dude is a chicken hawk, he'll only be happy when the USA gets in to another war on his behalf.

I think you should rephrase your assessment.

"Born in Tel Aviv to <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_Jewish_culture' title="Secular Jewish culture">secular Jewish</a> parents,<sup>[1]</sup><sup>[2]</sup> Netanyahu is the first Israeli prime minister born in Israel after the establishment of the state. Netanyahu joined the Israel Defense Forces during the Six-Day War in 1967 and became a team leader in the Sayeret Matkal special forces unit. He took part in many missions, including Operation Inferno (1968), Operation Gift (1968) and Operation Isotope (1972), during which he was shot in the shoulder. He fought on the front lines in the War of Attrition and the Yom Kippur War in 1973, taking part in special forces raids along the Suez Canal, and then leading a commando assault deep into Syrian territory.<sup>[3]</sup><sup>[4]</sup> He achieved the rank of captain before being discharged. After graduating from MIT with <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scienti%C3%A6_Baccalaureus' title="Scientiæ Baccalaureus">S.B.</a> and <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scienti%C3%A6_Magister' title="Scientiæ Magister">S.M.</a> degrees, he was recruited as an economic consultant for the Boston Consulting Group. He returned to Israel in 1978 to found the Yonatan Netanyahu Anti-Terror Institute, named after his brother Yonatan Netanyahu, who died leading Operation Entebbe. Netanyahu served as the Israeli ambassador to the United Nations from 1984 to 1988."

Like him or not dude's about as far as you can get from "Chicken Hawk."
Quote:apparently Iran's leader is already playing the spin game. He's saying they conceded nothing basically, which is fine he has to look strong in front of his home crowd of radicals. The one thing I've read that comes off a little concerning is they're getting the heavy water reactor at Fordow (I believe this was a military site before) modernized, I wonder if that's their angle, up date our water reactor and then kick rocks back to square one.
I saw that too the other day. Makes me wonder what the deal really is. Have we gotten the full story from our leaders?
Quote:I saw that too the other day. Makes me wonder what the deal really is. Have we gotten the full story from our leaders?

Here you go:

[Image: kirk-iran-deal.png]
Quote:http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/world/...talks.html

Iraq agreed to that for awhile too and then they kicked the inspectors out of the country and did not allow them back in
The more things come out, the more it looks like one big giant charade by Obama and company. There never was any agreement on what Obama talked about last week. He said what sounded good, and I guess, hoped that Iran would agree? They pretty much denied everything he said.

Pages: 1 2