Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: German airliner crashes into French Alps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty crazy.  I saw a video and it seemed weird about its descent.  It will be interesting to hear more.

<------Another reason why I don't fly

The transponder a device used by pilots to communicate to air traffic controllers via an air route traffic control center picked up the squak 7700 code which indicates an emergency present, if the Pilot had spoken

mayday, mayday it wouldve meant they are crashing, if they say PeterPan twice it means distress.

Sad event.

Quote:<------Another reason why I don't fly

The National Safety Council compiled an odds-of-dying table for 2008, which further illustrates the relative risks of flying and driving safety. It calculated the odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident to be 1 in 98 for a lifetime. For air and space transport (including air taxis and private flights), the odds were 1 in 7,178 for a lifetime, according to the table.
Quote:The transponder a device used by pilots to communicate to air traffic controllers via an air route traffic control center picked up the squak 7700 code which indicates an emergency present, if the Pilot had spoken

mayday, mayday it wouldve meant they are crashing, if they say PeterPan twice it means distress.

Sad event.
Do you have a link to that? Last I saw was no codes were transmitted (or received). 
I read they were nose diving for 8 minutes.

8......MINUTES......of free falling straight down. Horrible. That's a long time to pretty much know you are going to crash. Terrifyingly awful. Awful, awful, awful.

Quote:The National Safety Council compiled an odds-of-dying table for 2008, which further illustrates the relative risks of flying and driving safety. It calculated the odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident to be 1 in 98 for a lifetime. For air and space transport (including air taxis and private flights), the odds were 1 in 7,178 for a lifetime, according to the table.

Very true that air travel is the safest form of travel, but man, when something goes wrong it's a complete catastrophe!

I fly, but I I'm a nervous flyer so I always make sure to take my cocktail of happy pills and 1 to 2 bloody mary's to relax me. The plane ride is pretty great after that, but when I land all I want to do is nap.
Quote:Very true that air travel is the safest form of travel, but man, when something goes wrong it's a complete catastrophe!

I fly, but I I'm a nervous flyer so I always make sure to take my cocktail of happy pills and 1 to 2 bloody mary's to relax me. The plane ride is pretty great after that, but when I land all I want to do is nap.
I have logged between 20-60k per year for for about 5 years now for work. I am the exact same way. 
Quote:Very true that air travel is the safest form of travel, but man, when something goes wrong it's a complete catastrophe!

Lol - I hope you have someone pick you up at the airport. Don't want you to become one of those 1 in 98.
Quote:The National Safety Council compiled an odds-of-dying table for 2008, which further illustrates the relative risks of flying and driving safety. It calculated the odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident to be 1 in 98 for a lifetime. For air and space transport (including air taxis and private flights), the odds were 1 in 7,178 for a lifetime, according to the table.

Well I rarely travel more than a county away from putnam/st. Johns but if for some reason I ever have to make a long trip I'll do whatever possible to avoid flying. It's not even the flying that bothers me it's the loss of control.

I hate riding passenger in a car much less strapping myself to a plane and saying have at it boys! Then the whole TSA horror stories you hear, no thanks this redneck will drive.
Quote:Lol - I hope you have someone pick you up at the airport. Don't want you to become one of those 1 in 98.
For sure. I'm pretty noodly when I land
The latest is one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit and was trying to bang down the door. Must have been some kind of medical issue with the pilot who was in the cockpit. No word yet on why he exited cockpit. Terrible

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/europe/ger...index.html
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0&referrer='>http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0&referrer=</a>

Just saw this was already shared. That airbus has a keypad to get through Tue locked door that can be disabled in the cockpit if under duress. Suicide by copilot?
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0&referrer='>http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/europe/germanwings-airbus-crash.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=0&referrer=</a>

Just saw this was already shared. That airbus has a keypad to get through Tue locked door that can be disabled in the cockpit if under duress. Suicide by copilot?

That's what it looks like, just saw a blurb where they're now saying the copilot began descent on purpose.
Sounds like it was intentional

Germanwings co-pilot wanted to 'destroy the plane,' locked pilot out of cockpit, says prosecutor
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/26/...ocked-out/

What an [BLEEP]!
It is hard to imagine what the families must be feeling right now. The grief from an accident is bad enough, but to find out it was probably an intentional act has to be overwhelming. It will be interesting to watch this story as it develops.

So the co-pilot murdered an entire plane full of people?? They need to do some serious mental evaluations before giving anyone a pilots license.

Pages: 1 2