Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marqise Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/03/05/mar...y-bum-knee

Basically says Marqise feels like the insurance company owes him 4.1 million for slipping in the draft due to his knee injury, and they haven't payed up after 9 months.

Makes you wonder where he would've been drafted without the injury. I just hope it is healed and won't be a problem for him down the road. Oh, and that he gets paid by the rotten insurance company, of course.
Only reason I didn't want the jags to draft him due to his injury history. He has a lot of talent though
Quote:Only reason I didn't want the jags to draft him due to his injury history. He has a lot of talent though
So much talent. Hope he truly is fine.
Knee wasnt his injury this year, it was his hamstring so it seems to be fine

Quote:Knee wasnt his injury this year, it was his hamstring so it seems to be fine
Knock on wood.
The knee didn't help, but his awful 12.31% drop rate waffle iron hands is the main reason he dropped. 

Quote:The knee didn't help, but his awful 12.31% drop rate waffle iron hands is the main reason he dropped.

Saw a video breakdown on him where they talked about him having bad hand position for catching. On over the shoulder catches he has his hands in a frontal chest catch position. He also tends to jump to body catch high passes vs reaching out to snatch the ball which is what leads to more awkward falls and easy shots for defenders.
Quote:Saw a video breakdown on him where they talked about him having bad hand position for catching. On over the shoulder catches he has his hands in a frontal chest catch position. He also tends to jump to body catch high passes vs reaching out to snatch the ball which is what leads to more awkward falls and easy shots for defenders.

Those should be correctable with good coaching.
Baseed on everything I have read and heard, he definitley has a strong case.

Quote:Saw a video breakdown on him where they talked about him having bad hand position for catching. On over the shoulder catches he has his hands in a frontal chest catch position. He also tends to jump to body catch high passes vs reaching out to snatch the ball which is what leads to more awkward falls and easy shots for defenders.
Yeah, it's like salad tongs for arms. So unnatural.
Quote:Yeah, it's like salad tongs for arms. So unnatural.
That's funny, because with the exception of one bad game he pretty much caught everything last season. 
Quote:Yeah, it's like salad tongs for arms. So unnatural.

salad tongs were actually created to help make it easier to hold things.....pretty bad analogy. 
Quote:That's funny, because with the exception of one bad game he pretty much caught everything last season. 

kyjaggy is one of the most incorrect posters here when he talks about his "evaluations." but the dude has been criticizing marqise since day 1. where he used to talk about how lee should only be a slot receiver. 
Quote:kyjaggy is one of the most incorrect posters here when he talks about his "evaluations." but the dude has been criticizing marqise since day 1. where he used to talk about how lee should only be a slot receiver. 
Yeah I would think a guy who admitted that he couldn't make it through one day of conditioning in football practice would take it a little easier on the guys he doesn't like.  But whatever. 
Quote:kyjaggy is one of the most incorrect posters here when he talks about his "evaluations." but the dude has been criticizing marqise since day 1. where he used to talk about how lee should only be a slot receiver. 
My concerns about him were well founded. His best plays came from the slot, where he didn't have to worry about beating a jam or making a contested catch sideline catch (and no I'm not counting that weird 4 OL set where Lee caught the long TD in busted coverage). 
Screw what anyone says, I like KYjaggy's posts. I don't always agree with him, but he puts in way more of an effort than I do in researching college players, and since I don't watch much college, I appreciate the hell out of it.

So let me ask this; if Marqise is supposedly at his best from the slot, does it make sense for the Jaguars to be players for Randall Cobb? I've heard the rumors about Cobb and the Jags, but both Lee AND Blackmon seemed to do most of their damage out of the slot imo. I think Blackmon comes back and plays in 15'
Quote:Screw what anyone says, I like KYjaggy's posts. I don't always agree with him, but he puts in way more of an effort than I do in researching college players, and since I don't watch much college, I appreciate the hell out of it.

So let me ask this; if Marqise is supposedly at his best from the slot, does it make sense for the Jaguars to be players for Randall Cobb? I've heard the rumors about Cobb and the Jags, but both Lee AND Blackmon seemed to do most of their damage out of the slot imo. I think Blackmon comes back and plays in 15'
Thanks for the kind words.

As far as your question, I still think Cobb is worth it. If Lee hits his absolute ceiling and Blackmon comes back to the level that he was (both doubtful), then yes we would have a glut of slot men. We are way too far from seeing either of those things happen to pass on Cobb for those reasons, however. 

If that does happen then it will be a very good problem to have, and I think that Cobb and Blackmon could play Z if need be. Cobb made it work ok in 2 WR sets for the Packers, and while I don't like Blackmon having to make sideline plays he definitely has the strength and physicality to beat a jam.  
Well, Cobb just resigned with the Packers, so he's out of the picture for the Jags.

Quote:Thanks for the kind words.

As far as your question, I still think Cobb is worth it. If Lee hits his absolute ceiling and Blackmon comes back to the level that he was (both doubtful), then yes we would have a glut of slot men. We are way too far from seeing either of those things happen to pass on Cobb for those reasons, however. 

If that does happen then it will be a very good problem to have, and I think that Cobb and Blackmon could play Z if need be. Cobb made it work ok in 2 WR sets for the Packers, and while I don't like Blackmon having to make sideline plays he definitely has the strength and physicality to beat a jam.

Blackmon needs to play on the outside, IMO.
I think Marqise should play outside because of his speed. He really should work on his deep game; it will make him invaluable to the team if he can show the ability to consistently take the top off the D and make long, contested catches.

I think Blackmon showed the potential to be unstoppable in the slot, and that's where he will be best, especially in 2015 while he works at getting back to form.
Pages: 1 2