Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre Johnson asks for his release: Update - released today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...lease-him/

As much as I'd love to see him in teal, the signing wouldn't make sense, especially if Blackmon returns. We're already looking stacked at receiver, and if we sign one in FA and Blackmon comes back, we'd almost need a run-and-shoot offense to utilize them all. There's just no place for him here.

He's going to want to sign with someone who has the potential to win it all. The only problem is, will one of those few want to sign him?

NE / Indy / Dallas / Seattle

This sounds like a NE type of signing, following in the footsteps of Randy Moss and Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson -- an aging veteran looking for one last shot.

I wouldn't want him here, he already laughed when they expected him to not start and go from 80 catches to 40 catches. Maybe he is on a decline and if  he is, he needs a Andrew Luck or Tom Brady throwing to him, not Bortles. 

He would have value to come in and be a Chris Clemons-like player and mentor for the WR group.  However, I agree with the above poster in that he ideally would like to chase a near-term ring.  A free agent, unfortunately, would not see the Jags as the place if this is their objective.

Well, if we want him, he's available.  The Texans just cut him according to 1010XL.

You want a guy who will be motivated, especially in the two games vs. the Texans? 

ESPN confirmed it.

Quote:Well, if we want him, he's available.  The Texans just cut him according to 1010XL.

You want a guy who will be motivated, especially in the two games vs. the Texans? 

ESPN confirmed it.
Except that he wants to play behind a great QB and win a superbowl in the next few years. So.. he's not coming to Jacksonville. Might draw the attention of New England though.
Quote:Except that he wants to play behind a great QB and win a superbowl in the next few years. So.. he's not coming to Jacksonville. Might draw the attention of New England though.

Not suet what his relationship with Kubiak is like, but he could also end up in Denver.
Quoted as saying he hopes to play for a great QB.

If Pats snag him, I'm sick. Or worse Colts.
SB contender, same division, could be the veteran since Wayne is out....makes a lot of sense.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ton-texans

Quote:The Texans granted Johnson the right to seek a trade after the receiver was told he'd have a greatly reduced role in the Texans' offense if he remained with the team in 2015. Johnson told the Houston Chronicle he "just laughed" when Texanscoach Bill O'Brien explained last week that he shouldn't expect to catch more than about 40 passes in 2015.
Quote:Except that he wants to play behind a great QB and win a superbowl in the next few years. So.. he's not coming to Jacksonville. Might draw the attention of New England though.

I dont think the Patriots have the cap space.
It looks like he's headed to Indy, along with Frank Gore and possibly Wilfork. Miami Hurricane reunion with Coach Pagano.

Quote:It looks like he's headed to Indy, along with Frank Gore and possibly Wilfork. Miami Hurricane reunion with Coach Pagano.

Well that sucks. I really hated to see him go but I think he signed his own death warrant with his shenanigans at training camp last year not to mention he had a lot of drops last year.
Just signed with Indy.

Quote:Just signed with Indy.

Yikes.  Are they opening a senior home in your stadium?
Quote:Just signed with Indy.

If they're looking for over the hill players they should have signed Wayne to a new contract while they were at it.
Johnson has been a good player for a long time.  It will be interesting to see the terms of the deal and if he has anything left in the tank.

There is a risk of a late season collapse from Indy if these guys (Gore, AJ, Cole, Mathis, Herremans) wear down and show their age.

Pages: 1 2